DVDVR Message Board

What Dave Wants, Dave Gets - Raw - 3/11/2019

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

This promo didn't help shake the stereotype that wrestling is homoerotic.

Bring Back The Super Posedown as part of the build. Might as well lean into it now.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

The "You deserve it" chant needs to die an immediate death. It only makes sense in the context of a babyface winning a title, and it damn sure doesn't need to be rolled out when heel Alexa Bliss is congratulating herself for being WrestleMania host. Who are these people? Do you read this board? Could you fuck off?

In TNA, when Velvet Sky won the Knockouts title, she did a speech on telly about how she was bullied at school. And the fans started chanting You deserve it, right at that moment.

They chanted it when Becky turned on Charlotte. Pretty appropriate there, IMO. Charlottes character had that assbeating coming.

Someone a few posts back mentioned Alexa’s in-ring career. For the life of me, i cannot understand the logic behind putting her, an undertrained gymnast of 5 ft and probably 110 lbs., in the ring repeatedly with an undertrained monster of almost three times her size and an undertrained mma fighter. What did they think was going to happen? Hopefully now they’ve figured it out and aren’t gonna send her out for meaningless shit every week. Save her for when you need her, and don’t run up her “bump card” until you have to.

• Like 2

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
2 hours ago, just drew said:

You’re not wrong. Someone put a comparison picture up on Twitter. That’s what it looked like to me, but I’m not good with that type thing...

Just from a quick look at a screenshot from last night... she's definitely wearing foundation, concealer, eye shadow and liner, mascara (and likely fake lashes), highlighter, blush (there's some serious contouring going on too), lip gloss, and a finishing/setting spray. That's about 30 minutes worth of makeup from a skilled makeup artist.

I have sincere doubts WWE will put any woman on TV without makeup.

16 minutes ago, just drew said:

They chanted it when Becky turned on Charlotte. Pretty appropriate there, IMO. Charlottes character had that assbeating coming.

This line of thinking still makes no sense to me. Heel champion goaded the GM of Smackdown to the point that she tells her if she loses to Charlotte, her title match will be a triple threat. Charlotte wins. What is she supposed to do, turn down a championship match?

Charlotte then wins said championship match clean. She still hasn't done anything wrong, and yet people say she "had that assbeating coming". It's like nobody has ever competed against friends.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Dewar said:

This line of thinking still makes no sense to me. Heel champion goaded the GM of Smackdown to the point that she tells her if she loses to Charlotte, her title match will be a triple threat. Charlotte wins. What is she supposed to do, turn down a championship match?

Charlotte then wins said championship match clean. She still hasn't done anything wrong, and yet people say she "had that assbeating coming". It's like nobody has ever competed against friends.

Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown Beckyville. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Related image

That moment when I remember that single came out when I was in 5th grade. Maybe 4th. I played that album endlessly (as long as my mom or dad never heard it).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

That moment when I remember that single came out when I was in 5th grade. Maybe 4th. I played that album endlessly (as long as my mom or dad never heard it).

Check Your Head and Ill Communication are my favorite Beastie Boys albums.

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Check Your Head and Ill Communication are my favorite Beastie Boys albums.

Licensed to Ill and Ill Communication for sure. Ill Communication was my first CD purchase so I'll always have a soft spot for it. That was definitely cooler than my first tape purchase, which was He's the DJ, I'm the Rapper.

1 hour ago, Dewar said:

Kills me as well. Charlotte worked 45-50 minutes in the Rumble only to lose to someone who wasn't supposed to be in it getting in last. Vince chooses to put her in the WM match and she gets beaten with a crutch. Then she's on her way to a clean win at FastLane only for Ronda to take that away from her too. 

3 minutes ago, Casey said:

It's weird that usually "justifying the actions of the heels" is frowned upon here, but it's okay when it's Charlotte because people don't like Becky or whatever.

It’s weird how Becky has done nothing but act like an entitled brat since SummerSam. People should be happy: Their complaint that top baby faces are unlikable is finally true. 

Also, considering Becky’s overwhelming popularity, I think it’s silly for her fans to feel put upon by contrary opinions. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

An incredibly small minority, on here no less too, claiming Becky is an unlikable face doesn't make it true. Neither does repeating it ad nauseam. YOU may not like her, but the fact is most people do, which would seem to indicate she's pretty damn likable.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Casey said:

It's weird that usually "justifying the actions of the heels" is frowned upon here, but it's okay when it's Charlotte because people don't like Becky or whatever.

Most people here love to justify a heel's actions. If anything its amusing how many people here ignore it when it comes to Charlotte/Becky. They did it the first time they feuded several years ago as well.

Just now, Craig H said:

An incredibly small minority, on here no less too, claiming Becky is an unlikable face doesn't make it true. Neither does repeating it ad nauseam. YOU may not like her, but the fact is most people do, which would seem to indicate she's pretty damn likable. 

Nah, Becky is an asshole. I mean people loved the Rock and Austin, doesn't really change that both of them were assholes most of time and how much many of us have admitted that upon reflection years later.

Edited by Eivion

3 minutes ago, Craig H said:

People liked Walter White and Tony Soprano too. There is such a thing as being a bad fan. 

Toxic fandom and being a fan of "heel/unlikable" characters (like Tony Soprano, Walter White, or in this case... Becky/Charlotte depending on your opinion) are two totally unrelated fucking things and you know it.

• Like 2