DVDVR Message Board

What Dave Wants, Dave Gets - Raw - 3/11/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Today was a weird, weird episode of Raw.   Downers with the farewell of the Shield (yet they're still fighting), Kurt announcing his retirement (and winning his match), HHH/Dave having a 'shoot'-y promo, Ronda showing why 'shoot'-y promos are usually awful, and then running the concussion angle with Roman.  

I will say this though, if Dean is leaving (and I think he's staying), he's certainly earning his paycheck on his way out.  That fucking Claymore in the railing was ridiculous. 

• Like 3

I know it's only been a couple week build but I'm into this Roman Reigns vs. Drew McIntyre feud.  Roman is looking really good in this sympathetic and a man who is out to prove something role, him not wanting to have Seth treat him like he's not 100% might be some foreshadowing for later..   

Drew has been looking like a fucking killer.   This is very close to a Hogan vs. Bundy type of feud.  

QoB9SSg.gif

I really liked Ronda's segment. She's so good at promos. I kind of hate that I know she's a horrible person ahead of time so I have no one to blame for still savoring all her matches except myself because I have to option to opt out ahead of time but won't.

• Like 1

Thought Ronda's promo was nice.

They are definitely setting up at least a triple threat right now for the women's tag titles.

Black/Ricochet vs. Gable/Roode was good and I was pleased to see Revival get a sneak attack in.

Kurt officially retiring is nice. I'm curious who his final opponent will be.

I'm totally down for Reigns vs. Drew at WM. The end of Drew/Ambrose was vicious.

I also like Rousey as a promo. Her only problem is that she speeds right through them without stopping for air. But that's refreshing - just get to the point and get out of there, a tactic HHH and Batista could learn from. Holy hell, that shit dragged.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Well this is indeed exciting. How often does one turn on RAW and experience

an elegant flight into the dapper world of a man for whom Ross racks do not exist. Batista, a chic loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the flashy, the fashionable, the fabulous, in a world of dungarees who operate beneath good taste, a world in which occasion-based sunglass tinting is seen as a luxury and not an absolute essential human right, only one thig can lift us above this nightmare sweatpant future, and that thing is...

BATISTA FASHOSHOSHOSHOSHOSHOSHOSHOSHOSHSOSHOSHOSHOSHOSHSON WATCHTCHTCHTCHTCHCTHCTHCTHCTCHCTHCTCHTCHCTHCTCHTCH!?!?!?!?!?!?!???!?!!?

TONIGHT BIG DAVE APPEARED IN HIS FRESHEST ENSEMBLE WHICH HE CALLS:

Hide contents

z8kwhgc.png

Vin Diesel walking into his agent's office the day after overhearing his daughter and her friends talking about how Brendan Urie is the hottest and then googling "How do I look like Brandon Urine"

Note: As he types google autofill says:

How do I stay cool
How do I avoid becoming Val Kilmer
How do I make the Rock cry
How do I tell my head apart from Jason Stamos
How do I spell Jason Stamthon
How do I tell a coworker  I love them

Just inject this straight into my vein!

• Thanks 1

That was a chore to sit through. About halfway through, I caught up on the New Japan Cup and watched Suzuki vs. Kojima and Sanada vs. Hirooki Goto, and Raw was just background noise.

I don't like Hollywood Big Dave screaming and slobbering. He should be calm, cool, and collected having HHH where he wants him. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2

Nice to see Shelton randomly jump brands for a night. Great to see the All Mighty regain the IC title, don't see why he lost it in the first place.

I'm sad we never got a one off Kurt vs Bryan match while they had the chance, but I'm intrigued for who is final match will be against.

Drew was killer in the main for sure, finish was brutal.

• Like 1

Big Dave, the actor, forgetting and stumbling on his lines as much as HHH was...not the direction I wanted this feud to go in. It's like they're two old as neighbors who got fed up with each other because Dave borrowed HHH's sledgehammer and lost it and Dave won't cut down the tree that's hanging over HHH's yard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm glad the shooty shit is amazing some people, but fuck it, I'm out.  It's turned me off Mania as a whole, and I'm a long time Becky fan, I just can't give a fuck.

• Like 2

Drew was awesome though. I'm glad they're back to booking him well. Ronda's promo was...fine, I guess.

The rest of this show was, I mean, WTF?! Do they know WM is a few weeks away? They keep telling us this, but the build for this WM is so fucking dull and aimless.

It would take a miracle for us to get 3 straight weeks of good Raws. Right now it's fucking shit. Clearly the answer is more old fuckers to fill out creative, like Jeff Jarrett, Dana Warrior, Bruce Pritchard. Fuck, why not get Ed Ferrara back? What's Freddy Prinze Jr. up to?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Raziel said:

I'm glad the shooty shit is amazing some people, but fuck it, I'm out.  It's turned me off Mania as a whole, and I'm a long time Becky fan, I just can't give a fuck.

You and me both. I was actually liking Becky's shit talk on Twitter though, but now that it's turned into this shooty bullshit, I just am not as emotionally invested as I once was.

It's quite remarkable. In just over two months I have stopped caring about the following shit I really was looking forward to:

• Becky vs Ronda (and maybe vs Charlotte?)
  • Women main eventing WM
  • Becky ending WM as champ
  • Batista vs HHH
  • Seth vs Brock
  • Braun
  • Drew (although they're building him back up)
  • Finn

At this point, I'm down to really wanting Kofi vs DB and that's the biggest thing I'm looking forward to now. Everything else has been shit on and shit out multiple times over.

• Like 3

3 more RAWs until WrestleMania.   I THINK SDL will do a nice enough job with the Bryan/Kofi stuff (I hope!) and maybe something cool with Samoa Joe.  I'd like Asuka to have a top level opponent but that won't happen.  

On the RAW side..   I don't know.  I thought the Seth/Heyman stuff was ok and I liked Shelton being involved but it's not a Mania main event.  Ronda vs. Becky could have headlined Mania but with Charlotte and all the overbooking I'm cold on that.  

I think Reigns vs. McIntyre is probably the best built thing right now.  Batista/HHH is ok for what it is. 

1 minute ago, HumanChessgame said:

So does HHH/Big Dave end up being a dog and pony show like the Sting match to cover up for both guys' shortcomings or do they both end up gassed in under ten minutes?

Both. It becomes a dog and pony show because they'll be gassed in ten minutes.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Drew/Roman is a great story, beyond The Shield taking 3MB's lunch money regularly. Drew was The Chosen One, hand picked by Vince to be the next big thing. Got handed opportunities, only for him not to live up to expectations and being forced to leave the company.

During his absence, Roman gets hot and becomes the #1 guy. And while many went on to wish the worst on him, Roman succeeded and came out stronger in may ways. He's the locker room leader, the one who his peers hold in high regard. So the feud has a foundation of hurt feelings and jealously underneath, of Drew seeing what was promised to him and Roman now has. 

• Like 8

Why didn’t Triple H just ask Batista what he wanted - since they wanted the same thing - instead of insisting he wasn’t going to give it to him?! What did he think Batista wanted? A HOF ring? A new DVD collection? John Cena’s phone number?

That main event was awesome.  Renee going silent over the last moments was a nice touch.  I worry about Roman, though, his bumping was NUTS tonight.  

• Haha 1