DVDVR Message Board

WrestleMania XXXV - April 7, 2019

So, kinda just figured out that Big Dave is winning on Sunday. "Guardians of the Galaxy star retires long-time rival" is a much better headline; it gives Dave the swan song he wants; Hunter can milk the crowd for the big emotional teary goodbye one night after his Hall of Fame induction; it provides the Wrestlemania SHOCKED face crowd shots that we have to have every year; Hunter can come out of retirement for a street fight next year anyway. 

49 minutes ago, Rick said:

UE would be a good shout actually. They've done just about everything there is to do in NXT. We know Ricochet and Black are leaving, other than Shayna and Velveteen is there anyone else primed for a call up?

They could slot them all into RAW pretty organically - Fish/O'Reily win the tag belts, Strong goes after Finn and Cole goes for Seth.  Go for a "we're here to take over, win all the belts, blah blah blah" kinda thing.  

1 hour ago, SorceressKnight said:

Whether it's UE, Moustache Mountain, whatever...it doesn't change the same fact.

Hawkins and Ryder are totally losing on Monday, and they're totally losing to a NXT callup. 

Vince is supposedly very high on Heavy Machinery. Maybe they are co-winners of the Andre battle royal. Make a challenge to the tag champions on Raw, and boom, new tag champs.

50 minutes ago, Hagan said:

So, kinda just figured out that Big Dave is winning on Sunday. "Guardians of the Galaxy star retires long-time rival" is a much better headline; it gives Dave the swan song he wants; Hunter can milk the crowd for the big emotional teary goodbye one night after his Hall of Fame induction; it provides the Wrestlemania SHOCKED face crowd shots that we have to have every year; Hunter can come out of retirement for a street fight next year anyway. 

Honestly, that ties to the big problem with Triple H using the "If I lose this match, I'll retire for good!" storyline...everyone knows "No. No you aren't. You'll be back. You're in the McMahon family, you're going to wrestle again"...and honestly, there's more people who'd be happy Triple H retires and becomes a full-time executive than stays wrestling. 

Seriously, if they're trying to add drama to Triple H matches with that stipulation, use something that would be just as "yeah, it's never going to happen" but would add that pathos. Something like "If Batista beats me at Wrestlemania, I'll leave World Wrestling Entertainment and go off to Hollywood like he did!", or even as simple as "If Batista beats me at Wrestlemania, I'll hand over full control of NXT to him!" would be the same "Never happening", but might make more fans FREAK OUT if there's a chance it did. 

23 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

Honestly, that ties to the big problem with Triple H using the "If I lose this match, I'll retire for good!" storyline...everyone knows "No. No you aren't. You'll be back. You're in the McMahon family, you're going to wrestle again"...and honestly, there's more people who'd be happy Triple H retires and becomes a full-time executive than stays wrestling

I get the feeling HHH is one of those people.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, SorceressKnight said:

Whether it's UE, Moustache Mountain, whatever...it doesn't change the same fact.

Hawkins and Ryder are totally losing on Monday, and they're totally losing to a NXT callup. 

How much unover NXT deadwood does this company need?

• Like 1

I would highly recommend the Chronicle episode that aired tonight featuring Charlotte.  It's a mix of real and storyline but it's mixed well enough that you end up rooting for her at the end of it.  I would mention this in the Network thread but posted it here since her side of the story got me invested in what she's going to do Sunday.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Victator said:

How much unover NXT deadwood does this company need?

This reeks of when people would say only the Yes chant was over and not Bryan himself. Bobby Fish might not be over, but Adam Cole is (and I hate to admit that because Cole is bland as fuck).

Unless you were talking about Mustache Mountain... then carry on.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Cole is over in NXT. As we've learned, that's not everything. 

He's also gotten over pretty much everywhere he's been.

But, then again, the main roster has a history of killing the heat of can't miss stars.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, SorceressKnight said:

Honestly, that ties to the big problem with Triple H using the "If I lose this match, I'll retire for good!" storyline...everyone knows "No. No you aren't. You'll be back. You're in the McMahon family, you're going to wrestle again"...and honestly, there's more people who'd be happy Triple H retires and becomes a full-time executive than stays wrestling. 

Seriously, if they're trying to add drama to Triple H matches with that stipulation, use something that would be just as "yeah, it's never going to happen" but would add that pathos. Something like "If Batista beats me at Wrestlemania, I'll leave World Wrestling Entertainment and go off to Hollywood like he did!", or even as simple as "If Batista beats me at Wrestlemania, I'll hand over full control of NXT to him!" would be the same "Never happening", but might make more fans FREAK OUT if there's a chance it did. 

if HHH wins he takes Batista's spot in the MCU

• Haha 5