DVDVR Message Board

WrestleMania XXXV - April 7, 2019

Also interesting that while the named people like Dana Brooke (who is still doing the injury angle from the Rousey match) and Mickie James (who is MIA) but didn't announce Lacey Evans

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

Also interesting that while the named people like Dana Brooke (who is still doing the injury angle from the Rousey match) and Mickie James (who is MIA) but didn't announce Lacey Evans

Either her music hits and she sneaks up from behind, eliminating Asuka, making her look like an idiot again or she's not even in it because she wasn't close to ready for a call up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rick said:

to be fair Rey/Joe is a pretty good alternative

figure the Andre will be on the main show given the exposure of the SNL guys 

I'd rather watch whatever is left of John Belushi and Chris Farley's corpses than these two unfunny shits from SNL.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'd rather watch whatever is left of John Belushi and Chris Farley's corpses than these two unfunny shits from SNL.

there will be plenty of time for jobbing out Strowman when you're living in a van down by the river

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Lacey has a great backstory, is a good athlete, looks fantastic*, plays her character pretty well, and... has absolutely no idea what she's doing in the ring.

*Yes, yes, settling down.

Edited by Brian Fowler
  • Like 3

Lacey Evans is going to be another push I'd rather not see as there are so many women who are just as marketable but better in the ring.  Vince is looking at this like it's the 90s and Baywatch is still on the air. Who cares if the people can act right?  Wrong because diversity can sell too,  time to start giving other females a chance.  Take a performer like Ember Moon.  She was getting GREAT reactions before she went down with injury. Don't believe me?  Watch the Evolution PPV again. She's one of the more over stars on the show. She has a unique look and can wrestle her butt off. She can probably push some interesting merch to females who may look like her or think she's cool or kids and dudes who thinks she's cool.  I have no idea how Vince is still one of the only promoters stuck 30 years behind the times. 

• Like 3

All I really ask is that the Usos get some kind of meaningful match. We can't have the Hardys match, that's fine. But these guys are too damn good to be left off the show. They're too good to be on the preshow. They deserve a spotlight match. Give it to them. PLEASE

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Phil4126 said:

All I really ask is that the Usos get some kind of meaningful match. We can't have the Hardys match, that's fine. But these guys are too damn good to be left off the show. They're too good to be on the preshow. They deserve a spotlight match. Give it to them. PLEASE

The fact that a week out they haven't been announced for anything - I think if you are hoping for a "meaningful" match you are going to be disappointed.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The fact that a week out they haven't been announced for anything - I think if you are hoping for a "meaningful" match you are going to be disappointed.

They can still get punished somehow for forfeiting to the New Day, but I'm not sure how that would turn into a Mania match.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Its wwe. Disappointment comes with the territory

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

They can still get punished somehow for forfeiting to the New Day, but I'm not sure how that would turn into a Mania match.

The Usos vs. the reunited Bludgeon Brothers

Usos vs. KO and a returning Sami Zayn

• Like 1

Usos vs. returning AOP?   I don't know what their injury status is though.   I agree the Usos are awesome,  probably the best tag team in WWE history at this point or at least the past decade. It'd be an interesting discussion where they fall on the all time ranks. 

• Like 2

I assume the Usos will get punished this week for forfeiting against the New Day last week. They get to defend against The Bar, Nak/Rusev, and KO/Sami(or another surprise partner). There's your ladder match.

2 hours ago, Lo-Risk said:

Since it looks like Cena's getting a match, maybe Owens?

Yeah - just to follow up on this, per the WON update from yesterday apparently they have pitched a match to Cena that he is expected to accept

Who knows if that means he is being added to a match or it is a "new" match

New random thought:

Kofi was made to believe he was being added to the title match at Fastlane. Now he gets his shot at Mania, only for Vince to throw one more roadblock in his way by adding one or two guys to the match.

16 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Lacey has a great backstory, is a good athlete, looks fantastic*, plays her character pretty well, and... has absolutely no idea what she's doing in the ring.

*Yes, yes, settling down.

I recall Lacey looking perfectly fine in NXT, nothing special, but far better than say Carmella or Alexa when they were brought up.

16 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Lacey Evans is going to be another push I'd rather not see as there are so many women who are just as marketable but better in the ring.  Vince is looking at this like it's the 90s and Baywatch is still on the air. Who cares if the people can act right?  Wrong because diversity can sell too,  time to start giving other females a chance.  Take a performer like Ember Moon.  She was getting GREAT reactions before she went down with injury. Don't believe me?  Watch the Evolution PPV again. She's one of the more over stars on the show. She has a unique look and can wrestle her butt off. She can probably push some interesting merch to females who may look like her or think she's cool or kids and dudes who thinks she's cool.  I have no idea how Vince is still one of the only promoters stuck 30 years behind the times. 

Ember Moon has been mostly DOA on the main roster and that isn't just because of a lack of a strong push. She lacks anything resembling a character for the audience to grab onto. Aside from Evolution she gets nearly zero reaction.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

I recall Lacey looking perfectly fine in NXT, nothing special, but far better than say Carmella or Alexa when they were brought up.

Ember Moon has been mostly DOA on the main roster and that isn't just because of a lack of a strong push. She lacks anything themselves a character for the audience to grab onto. Aside from Evolution she gets nearly zero reaction.

If only WWE had some kind of creative team that came up with characters and angles.

Hold on, I'm being handed a memo...

They do have one? Really...really?

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

40 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If only WWE had some kind of creative team that came up with characters and angles.

Hold on, I'm being handed a memo...

They do have one? Really...really?

Not sure what your point is seeing that I was talking about the inaccurate claim of her getting GREAT reactions outside of Evolution. I get that better booking could certainly help, but that goes with just about anyone on the roster.

Edited by Eivion

21 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Not sure what your point is seeing that I was talking about your inaccurate claim of her getting GREAT reactions outside of Evolution. I get that better booking could certainly help, but that goes with just about anyone on the roster.

I don't see where Ember is getting no reaction, I pointed out Evolution because she was clearly one of the top 5 most over people on that show.

57 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't see where Ember is getting no reaction, I pointed out Evolution because she was clearly one of the top 5 most over people on that show.

Ember was as over as Trish, Lita, Sasha, Bayley, Charlotte, Becky, Ronda, Alexa, & Nikki? I remember her getting an ok reaction in the battle royal that built up by the end. Don't recall her being one of the most over women on the show. It also doesn't change the weak reactions she was getting on Raw before and after.

Edited by Eivion

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Not sure what your point is seeing that I was talking about the inaccurate claim of her getting GREAT reactions outside of Evolution. I get that better booking could certainly help, but that goes with just about anyone on the roster.

That's my point. She hasn't been given anything for fans to get behind. She's got a cool look and an entrance, but nothing beyond that. She's barely been given mic time. We don't know her motivations outside of wanting to win the women's title, but winning titles is kind of everybody's motivation. That goes without saying. You can only blame the wrestlers so much, but they're the ones who take the fall if things don't work out for them. There's no accountability for the people behind the curtain.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

56 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That's my point. She hasn't been given anything for fans to get behind. She's got a cool look and an entrance, but nothing beyond that. She's barely been given mic time. We don't know her motivations outside of wanting to win the women's title, but winning titles is kind of everybody's motivation. That goes without saying. You can only blame the wrestlers so much, but they're the ones who take the fall if things don't work out for them. There's no accountability for the people behind the curtain.

The thing is she is exactly the same as she was in NXT.