DVDVR Message Board

WrestleMania XXXV - April 7, 2019

26 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Cole is over in NXT. As we've learned, that's not everything. 

He's also gotten over pretty much everywhere he's been.

But, then again, the main roster has a history of killing the heat of can't miss stars.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, SorceressKnight said:

Honestly, that ties to the big problem with Triple H using the "If I lose this match, I'll retire for good!" storyline...everyone knows "No. No you aren't. You'll be back. You're in the McMahon family, you're going to wrestle again"...and honestly, there's more people who'd be happy Triple H retires and becomes a full-time executive than stays wrestling. 

Seriously, if they're trying to add drama to Triple H matches with that stipulation, use something that would be just as "yeah, it's never going to happen" but would add that pathos. Something like "If Batista beats me at Wrestlemania, I'll leave World Wrestling Entertainment and go off to Hollywood like he did!", or even as simple as "If Batista beats me at Wrestlemania, I'll hand over full control of NXT to him!" would be the same "Never happening", but might make more fans FREAK OUT if there's a chance it did. 

if HHH wins he takes Batista's spot in the MCU

• Haha 5

Does anybody else think they've written themselves into a corner with Black & O'Shea challenging for all three tag titles in the space of a week? If they lose tonight, they're three-time losers. If they win, the Smackdown tag titles look like a consolation prize for a team that couldn't get it done on the other brands. 

• Like 1

Predictions:

Becky Lynch wins Winner Takes All for the WWE RAW and Smackdown Live Women's Championships.

Kofi Kingston is the new WWE Champion.

Brock Lesnar retains the WWE Universal Championship.

Rey Mysterio wins the WWE United States Championship to enter the Grand Slam club.Finn Balor regains the WWE Intercontinental title.

Buddy Murphy retains the WWE Cruiserweight Championship.

Sasha Banks/Bayley retain the WWE Women's Tag Team Titles.

Ricochet/Aleister Black win the WWE Smackdown Live Tag Team Titles.

The Revival defend the RAW WWE Tag Team Titles against Curt Hawkins/Zack Ryder. Wouldn't be surprised if this goes other way.

Braun Strowman wins the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal. Ali be my other pick.

Asuka wins the women's.

Batista but can see Trips win.

AJ Styles.

Drew McIntyre.

Kurt Angle.

The Miz.

Edited by The Natural

On 4/6/2019 at 4:03 AM, The Natural said:

Hide contents

ZFiaVjX.jpg

WWE Films presents: Being Triple H

staring John Cusak, Catherine Kenner, Cameron Diaz, and Triple H

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, tbarrie said:

Does anybody else think they've written themselves into a corner with Black & O'Shea challenging for all three tag titles in the space of a week? If they lose tonight, they're three-time losers. If they win, the Smackdown tag titles look like a consolation prize for a team that couldn't get it done on the other brands. 

Not really. They lost the Raw belts via a screw job. If they lose the SDL match they won't be the guys pinned. Basically they only will have lost one match straight up. Beyond that the SDL belts are actually the ones it would make the least sense for them to win in terms of story seeing that they haven't been feuding with the champs like on Raw or winning a tournament to challenge like NXT. 

Edited by Eivion

On 4/5/2019 at 11:11 PM, Casey said:

This reeks of when people would say only the Yes chant was over and not Bryan himself. Bobby Fish might not be over, but Adam Cole is (and I hate to admit that because Cole is bland as fuck).

Unless you were talking about Mustache Mountain... then carry on.

The Adam Cole chant is over and not Adam Cole. 

• Thanks 1

You know. I hated that this was turned into a three way, but Charlotte is so fucking good that I'm kinda over it. 

Also, their wacky brawl with the police turned me around on the build up. I loved that shit. If the mania match is that for like 15-18 minutes I'll give it a billion stars.

Kofi/Bryan, the main event, and AJ/Orton should all be good. Weirdly looking forward to Revival vs. the Woo Woo Woosers even though I don't care about any of them. Mostly because I feel like it'll be the only match that doesn't go fucking overboard.