DVDVR Message Board

WrestleMania XXXV - April 7, 2019

As someone who watches John Oliver regularly they aren't necessarily wrong. He had plenty of apt points, but his presentation was incredibly one-sided. I've said it before, but while there is plenty you can blame on Vince you can't blame every single thing on him and have to realize some of it is the business of wrestling itself that presents certain issues. 

• Like 1

If they go with the main event stipulation Rippa quoted from WON - the champ who loses the fall loses their title - isn't that kind of stacking the deck FOR Becky? If Charlotte or Ronda pin or tap each other, they're a double champion. If they pin or tap Becky, they get nothing. Gives them very little reason to focus on Becky during the match. Odd way to book your top face.

• Thanks 1

Rather than having WM end with the Four Horsewomen holding up belts in the ring, wouldn't it be better if they teased that and then one of them turned heel and blindsided the others?

11 minutes ago, AxB said:

Rather than having WM end with the Four Horsewomen holding up belts in the ring, wouldn't it be better if they teased that and then one of them turned heel and blindsided the others?

To complete the homage, they all turn on Bayley. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

On 3/31/2019 at 10:26 AM, Niners Fan in CT said:

No I disagree,  they are risks for most people.  He just happens to be really great at taking risks and making them look effortless.  Same point I was making with Ember. 

And again,  people can call Jeff an idiot for bumping like that but keep in mind,  he almost never sustained an injury. So either he was lucky or he knows what he is doing. 

I've never seen Ricochet look like anything more than a deer in headlights behind a microphone. Maybe he'll get better. He doesn't really need to...  again that was another point I was making.  Not everyone has to be a great promo. 

Hey! Come back with those goalposts! ?

Risks for most people <> routine for someone trained. We can argue this one all day and make little progress. You yourself say "risks for most people" and I would concur with that. The caveat of course being that the more one is trained to do a specific thing, the less risky it becomes

For what it is worth - Meltzer on the radio show this morning said he was told they still haven't decided how they will handle the women's titles post Mania.

Whether it be winner chooses which title to keep or they unify the titles (or something else)

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Hawkins and Ryder are so winning the titles on the kickoff show

To be fair until the Ricochet/Black call up screwed with things this was pretty clearly where they were heading beforehand. It actually make me kind of disappointed since it would have been a lot more interesting with some build to it.

34 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

For what it is worth - Meltzer on the radio show this morning said he was told they still haven't decided how they will handle the women's titles post Mania.

Whether it be winner chooses which title to keep or they unify the titles (or something else)

Of course they haven't. I wouldn't expect it any other way.

• Like 1