DVDVR Message Board

WrestleMania XXXV - April 7, 2019

I think it's a lock that Kofi wins. You don't run him through this angle along with having the owner say he's a b+ player and not good enough to then lose and look like he's indeed not good enough, which would probably kill him forever.

I'll also say Becky and Seth both win, but there's a better chance that Seth loses. 

I'm actually shocked there's no ladder match this year.

But anyway, All In proved you can put on a big show and basically have the whole thing setup to send the fans home happy. There's no reason WWE can't do the same. If Vince can't see a way to book the product with having most of the babyfaces win and have a direction moving forward then this is all fucked and hopeless anyway.

4 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Kofi lost at Elimination Chamber,  then he lost at Fast Lane,  then he lost in the gauntlet against Bryan again and they also inserted racial undertones to the story. 

So yes Kofi is losing. 

If he does I hope after Daniel hits the Knee it doesn't take like 2 mins for him to cover him like HHH did with Booker at WM19. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I think it's a lock that Kofi wins. You don't run him through this angle along with having the owner say he's a b+ player and not good enough to then lose and look like he's indeed not good enough, which would probably kill him forever.

Aside from the Booker T stuff mentioned above,  Vince is the same guy who said Finn is small and has no chance against Brock,  mocked him and then said "look at all this beef!" and then Finn lost anyway.  Sure he had a competitive match but he lost. Then Brock hit about a billion F5's on him to show that good effort my guy,  but you're not in this league. 

• Like 1

Sorry for the double post I would add that the only match I think is a lock is Triple H over Batista.  I thought it was a lock without the career stipulation but now with that stip it's just the same shit as the match at Mania with Brock.  Same exact thing.  

I'm probably one of the biggest Hunter fans on here and I love everything he's done with NXT but him getting a 20+ minute match on this show every damn year is getting pretty annoying. It could be a fun ten minute brawl but you know damn well they are going over 20 and Hunter is winning with some sledgehammer bullshit.  Complete waste of time. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Sorry for the double post I would add that the only match I think is a lock is Triple H over Batista.  I thought it was a lock without the career stipulation but now with that stip it's just the same shit as the match at Mania with Brock.  Same exact thing.  

I'm probably one of the biggest Hunter fans on here and I love everything he's done with NXT but him getting a 20+ minute match on this show every damn year is getting pretty annoying. It could be a fun ten minute brawl but you know damn well they are going over 20 and Hunter is winning with some sledgehammer bullshit.  Complete waste of time. 

With their entrances, I say HHH/Batista goes 30 minutes. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

But anyway, All In proved you can put on a big show and basically have the whole thing setup to send the fans home happy. 

I don't disagree with you in principle, but All In didn't have a show the next night, week, or month to worry about.

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

But anyway, All In proved you can put on a big show and basically have the whole thing setup to send the fans home happy. There's no reason WWE can't do the same. If Vince can't see a way to book the product with having most of the babyfaces win and have a direction moving forward then this is all fucked and hopeless anyway.

All In was a one off show. Not to say the faces can;t all wins (I think its happened before), just saying there is a difference between a one off super show and a promotion having to constantly build to its next show.

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Aside from the Booker T stuff mentioned above,  Vince is the same guy who said Finn is small and has no chance against Brock,  mocked him and then said "look at all this beef!" and then Finn lost anyway.  Sure he had a competitive match but he lost. Then Brock hit about a billion F5's on him to show that good effort my guy,  but you're not in this league. 

Brock hitting Finn with multiple F-5s was pretty clearly Brock pissed off because he damn near lost his title to a guy he originally thought wasn't in his league. I mean it would have been nice to see Finn win, but the point was definitely that Finn was in that league even though he lost.

I don't know about that Finn certainly didn't rise through the ranks after that.  You know Alvarez is such an idiot sometimes. I'm listening to this pod and he's blasting people who tweeted him about Asuka basically saying "hey, Asuka is making a lot of money,  titles are fake, etc. etc." 

Umm correct me if I'm wrong here.  If you are working WrestleMania and especially on the main show aren't you making more money than people who aren't working the show? If you are in the main event aren't you making more money?  

That's why wrestlers get displeased with their situation.  They want to be used, they want to have something to do,  they want to make money and the best way to make money is to work their ass off and rise up the card which Asuka fits that mold.   I'm pretty sure if you asked Asuka she'd rather be in Charlotte's position than not working WrestleMania.  Alvarez is acting like everyone in WWE makes the same amount of money. 

Edited by Niners Fan in CT
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

With their entrances, I say HHH/Batista goes 30 minutes. 

I was disappointed with Triple H's WrestleMania entrance last year. Trips' OTT WrestleMania entrance is a tradition since WrestleMania XXVII. I watched WrestleMania XXXIII live and was crying with laughter at that entrance.

tenor.gif?itemid=8501921

Women's Battle Royal is official

There story lists pretty much all the main roster women who aren't in matches as in it

Asuka
Carmella
Naomi
Lana
Mandy Rose
Sonya Deville
Nikki Cross
Dana Brooke
Ruby Riott
Liv Morgan
Sarah Logan
Mickie James