DVDVR Message Board

WrestleMania XXXV - April 7, 2019

I think if they are genuinely considering the WM 9 finish, Reigns getting beat by Drew has to happen. It's a nice callback to Rollins getting beat by Orton early on and then winning the title (Reigns/Drew could open the show come to think of it). Adds Drew to the title picture, gives you a few months to fill in things should Brock not be immediately available, and you have the slow burn to the Rollins/Reigns match.

And history tells us that guys returning from injury/time away generally do more jobs than not, and I suspect it's because of the built-in excuse afforded to it.

SDL spoiler - which is now technically a Mania spoiler - click now or wait till post 10 PM

Spoiler

Charlotte just won the SDL women's title

That is one way to shrink the card

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

SDL spoiler - which is now technically a Mania spoiler - click now or wait till post 10 PM

Reveal hidden contents

Charlotte just won the SDL women's title

That is one way to shrink the card

Not a good way either

Well technically it is addition by subtraction since now...

Spoiler

All the women who were supposed to be in the SDL Women's Title picture will - in theory - be in the Battle Royal

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well technically it is addition by subtraction since now...

Reveal hidden contents

All the women who were supposed to be in the SDL Women's Title picture will - in theory - be in the Battle Royal

If I were them I would be pissed. That thing is probably going on at 5PM ET in front of about ten people.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

So about that #1 contender's match with Naomi,  Mandy Rose,  Carmella and Sonya Deville?   This company's booking is worse than WCW 2000. 

Somewhere in the distance you can hear Mark Madden yelling "Snoochie Boochies".

I think I'll go see Pet Sematary April 7th.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

I also thought the plan was Asuka vs Mandy Rose and/or Sonya Deville.  Shows you how little I following Smackdown lately.   There was also the Lacey Evans stories that Asuka was going to job to her at WM. If that is true then I guess what happened tonight is better than having basically a Fandango vs Jericho situation WITH A TITLE CHANGE

The only possible benefit I see in this is that if she is taking a break from action like originally Rousey is 100% not winning the title.

Edited by hammerva

• RIPPA locked this topic
1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Since apparently none of you grasp how spoilers work - we will now resume after SDL

I was having trouble with the spolier tags. I usually don't on my phone, so I'm not sure why it's being wonky today.

1 hour ago, Rick said:
  Hide contents

they may have shot themselves in the foot with the Asuka thing. 70k disgruntled fans drowning out your main event with Asuka chants is something I definitely see happening

edit: perhaps a little ott.

Asuka isn't remotely as over as Becky or Ronda. Asuka has always had trouble with main roster crowds outside of ppv sand WWE has done a shit job of keeping her momentum whenever they build it back up for her. There is maybe 10% at best chance the crowd turns, and its still not likely just because of how much Becky is loved right now.

Edited by Eivion

I don't think it's Asuka who would necessarily be the sole motivation behind a fan revolt but WWE's insistence in stacking the gimmicks onto the Womens triple threat at the expense of just about everyone not in the Womens tag title match (which is already as thrown together as you can imagine).

After meditating on it I don't think it will happen, but it's a risky move, and the social media backlash from the womens roster isn't going to help defuse it.

25 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

It's wild how much of this show looks great on paper considering most of us have resigned ourselves to assuming it's going to be agony. 

The amount of matches, time management and the booking on the Road to WrestleMania are contributing factors to that.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

It's wild how much of this show looks great on paper considering most of us have resigned ourselves to assuming it's going to be agony. 

I think there's probably a really good 8 match, 3.5-4 hour show here.

There problem is it's still looking like a 12-14 match, 7.5 hour show, and there's a good chance at least a couple of the seven matches I'm looking forward to end up being too short.

The last two years, both shows had a lot of stuff I really liked, and I still felt like they were very much "thumb in the middle." But as long as we don't get another show like Dallas...

Edited by Brian Fowler
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, The Natural said:

As it stands, the matches I'm interested in:

Rousey/Lynch/Charlotte, Bryan/Kofi, the Women's Tag Team Titles, Joe/Mysterio and Reigns/McIntyre.

I'd add Rollins/Lesnar because I enjoyed their triple threat with Cena that one time, I think Seth will be a pinball.   I think Triple H/Batista has a chance to be decent or really bad. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'd add Rollins/Lesnar because I enjoyed their triple threat with Cena that one time, I think Seth will be a pinball.   I think Triple H/Batista has a chance to be decent or really bad. 

I enjoyed that triple threat, I want Brock gone and prefer somebody else to Seth Rollins as Lesnar's opponent. You're right about Triple H/Batista. Hopefully the stipulation acts as smoke and mirrors.

Edited by The Natural