DVDVR Message Board

WrestleMania XXXV - April 7, 2019

Unless something very recent came up Roman's not leaving.  In fact, he was confirmed for the upcoming European tour.   Oh, and he's winning though I'm hoping Drew looks good in losing so he doesn't lose much if any momentum.  EDIT:  What Rippa said above.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

6 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

It's slim pickings. Main roster women who currently do not have a match on the card:  

I posted ages ago in this thread that the number was as low as only 13 main roster women available.

Ember and Dana are both injured (real and possibly real?) and Alicia is basically persona non grata after the Arn incident

So that makes Niners list 11 (And that including Mickie James who hasn't had a match since Feb 10)

IF they do it - I presume it will be a vehicle for Alexa to insert herself into the match (that's 12) and then they have the majority of the NXT women's roster in it. (There were 6 in last year's). 

I guess they are gonna hope no one notices it is only 20 people.

48 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

I don't think that has anything to do with it - they've done tasteless angles like that and still had the heel go over lots of times.

However, 1. It's Roman, 2. It's Mania, and 3. It's clear that they will never, ever commit to Drew until it is far, far too late. I don't think Drew has a prayer of winning, but I hope I'm wrong.

I also hope @Rick is wrong about Roman not sticking around. I'm as tired of the way they write Roman as everyone else,  but I'll happily take it over the likely reason he'd need to leave.

I agree they've had heels going over in bad situations, but it's almost always the wrong call, for my two cents. I don't why Drew losing would be so awful, other than it's to Roman and some folks who are determined to hold ill feelings forever.

It also ignores that Roman isn't being rushed back into the title scene. With how cold Lesnar-Rollins is, I'd wager adding Roman was at least considered. Like Seth and Finn before him, Roman didn't lose the title. If he's the #1 guy, he's going to be back on top.

I wouldn't be surprised if Drew wins the Universal belt sometime this year, anyway. He does nothing for me in terms of character, but he's a good wrestler and can be the dominant heel for someone to take down.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

I don't why Drew losing would be so awful, other than it's to Roman and some folks who are determined to hold ill feelings forever.

People on this board really like Drew and want to see him do well. I don't think Roman hate has anything to do with it.

i want to say how incredible it will be to see Joan Jett doing the entrance song live but I remember getting so damn hyped when Living Colour was going to be live for CM Punk's Cult of Personality entrance and they cut them off before the guitar solo.   ?

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, hammerva said:

i want to say how incredible it will be to see Joan Jett doing the entrance song live but I remember getting so damn hyped when Living Colour was going to be live for CM Punk's Cult of Personality entrance and they cut them off before the guitar solo.   ?

I get what you're saying but still.  Living F'n Color performed at Wrestlemania.  I too wished for the solo but I was just too damn busy freaking out about that.

And the Wyatt's entrance is in my top 5 WM entrances.  I'll have to think about others and see how they still hold up.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So that makes Niners list 11 (And that including Mickie James who hasn't had a match since Feb 10)

To add to this Mickie James tweeted this 2 days ago and interestingly enough it seems that Revival still don't know what they are doing either. 

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

IF they do it - I presume it will be a vehicle for Alexa to insert herself into the match (that's 12) and then they have the majority of the NXT women's roster in it. (There were 6 in last year's). 

I guess they are gonna hope no one notices it is only 20 people.

Sounds about right, last year was 20 also

41 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Yeah, I mean, look at how Gronk turned Jinder into a Megastar.

It's true, less than 2 months later he became WWE Champ!

I hate that they reverted him back to 2014 though now.

• Haha 1

I think if they are genuinely considering the WM 9 finish, Reigns getting beat by Drew has to happen. It's a nice callback to Rollins getting beat by Orton early on and then winning the title (Reigns/Drew could open the show come to think of it). Adds Drew to the title picture, gives you a few months to fill in things should Brock not be immediately available, and you have the slow burn to the Rollins/Reigns match.

And history tells us that guys returning from injury/time away generally do more jobs than not, and I suspect it's because of the built-in excuse afforded to it.

SDL spoiler - which is now technically a Mania spoiler - click now or wait till post 10 PM

Spoiler

Charlotte just won the SDL women's title

That is one way to shrink the card

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

SDL spoiler - which is now technically a Mania spoiler - click now or wait till post 10 PM

Reveal hidden contents

Charlotte just won the SDL women's title

That is one way to shrink the card

Not a good way either