DVDVR Message Board

WrestleMania XXXV - April 7, 2019

22 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

It worked for them iirc, with a huge buyrate the next month for Rock winning the belt.

Well Stone Cold Steve Austin was also heavily advertised to return at that show and make an appearance.

On 3/24/2019 at 1:11 AM, Niners Fan in CT said:

Shawn had more high profile matches at WrestleMania as the years went on but I'd take Bret's top 3 over anyone.    Bret vs. Austin at WM13,  Bret vs. Piper at WM VIII and Bret vs. Owen at WMX.  

Bret could have had a Shawn Michaels like late career re-birth if not for Goldberg and a sloppy kick. Fuck Goldberg. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Bret could have had a Shawn Michaels like late career re-birth if not for Goldberg and a sloppy kick.

Yes and for me one of Shawn's best WM matches is actually a Rockers match vs. Twin Towers. 

ycgivwa3n6xz.gif

Edited by Niners Fan in CT
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Yes and for me one of Shawn's best WM matches is actually a Rockers match vs. Twin Towers. 

I can never get enough of this.

"I believe he irritated Akeem."

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

ycgivwa3n6xz.gif

I love the Rockers vs. Haku & Barbarian from WM7 as well. I like Shawn's tag work more than his singles.

9 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I love the Rockers vs. Haku & Barbarian from WM7 as well. I like Shawn's tag work more than his singles.

Yeah they had some great matches with the Brain Busters too.  I don't think a lot of the HBK "epics" hold up on rewatch.  Some are still great,  others I'm just bored. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hammerva said:

This pretty much guarantees the Becky is winning.  Unless Vince is a complete moron and thinks the reaction last year with Brock winning was great

Yeah, it being the main pretty much locks in Ronda is winning.  Her holding  up the belt after the First Ever Women's WrestleMania Main Event is a great opening to SportsCenter Monday morning.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Yeah, it being the main pretty much locks in Ronda is winning.  Her holding  up the belt after the First Ever Women's WrestleMania Main Event is a great opening to SportsCenter Monday morning.

Dear God, lets hope not. 

• Like 1

Oh wait..   hold on here a second,  @Raziel is probably right.  Ronda is winning. It's a "Moment" for SportsCenter true but it is also right in line with current WWE booking where they will postpone Ronda vs. Becky until nobody cares anymore and then finally Becky will win and nobody will care. Or she'll go the Braun Stroman way of postponing until it's not worth pulling the trigger. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

And her appearing on GMA the next morning. 

20 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Oh wait..   hold on here a second,  @Raziel is probably right.  Ronda is winning. It's a "Moment" for SportsCenter true but it is also right in line with current WWE booking where they will postpone Ronda vs. Becky until nobody cares anymore and then finally Becky will win and nobody will care. Or she'll go the Braun Stroman way of postponing until it's not worth pulling the trigger. 

So Vince can convince Ronda that having kids isn't a good idea and keep here on the road full time?  Or give her the Brock run where she only appears once every 8 months and make Sasha & Bayley carry the entire RAW women's division

49 minutes ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

3 serious questions.

Do people still watch SportsCenter?

Do they still repeat SportsCenter for like 8 hours straight?

Do the people who watch SportsCenter even care that WWE is covered?

I don't know the answer to the first question.  Yes,  they do have it on 8 hours straight but some of it is ESPN2.   As for do people care,  I don't know but this announcement of the women main eventing WrestleMania is on the front page of ESPN.com.   

@hammerva I bet Vince probably wouldn't mind Ronda being part time. 

Oh if he thought Brock was a great idea than Rousey working once every 8 months must be heaven for him.  The problem is that they are more than enough men to make up for that.  If they did do that, the draft would have to move all the women without tag partners to Smackdown and move all of the others to RAW.   And since Becky and/or Charlotte is probably going to RAW I don't see that

I have mixed emotions about it all.  I remember thinking about it main eventing a couple months ago and I got chills.  Just the idea that women would main event WWE's biggest show is a really, really fucking huge deal and I'm ecstatic for Becky and Charlotte.  They've been busting their asses from day one and if you factor in Becky's pre-WWE history then she's had one helluva ride.  And I don't like how Charlotte got inserted into this but fuck it she's really great and I can sense how much this means to her.  And then there's Ronda but who cares.

But like the posts above the build to everything just bums me out.  As happy as I am about them main eventing they took a sure-fire story and did some unnecessary stuff that hurt the build much more than helped it.  I also wish that they didn't announce it before and we just found out in that moment.  It would have been neat to see all other matches go before it and the realization sets in.  But so much for that as they'd rather trumpet how great WWE is by letting this on last.  Then there's Kofi/Bryan which had so much organic interest before Vince go involved.  I'll be happy to see Kofi win but I honestly checked out a couple weeks ago.  Fucking Vince.  I'll only accept this is if means he's being written off and hopefully for good.  The others matches I'm sure will be fine but holy fuck is this going to be a long-ass show to sit through.

At this point I may as well just spend that night doing literally anything else and cherry pick the good stuff the next day/later that night.  I hate the idea of doing that as I've seen it live since 2002 but that's how it is anymore.

• Like 1