DVDVR Message Board

WrestleMania XXXV - April 7, 2019

12 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

Are you fucking kidding me?  Him walking to the ring will take about fifteen minutes.  Unless they get one of those carts and only show him chest up to make it look like he's levitating. 

If there was ever a time for American Badass Taker to return. Entrance cut in half because he rides his bike down to the ring.

• Like 1

I'm starting to think that Kofi vs. Bryan should open the show.  I hate that the WWE title would be opening but I'd rather it get a hot 20 minutes than to be buried sometime after the crowd is burned out on 25 minutes of "Paul" and "Dave"  

(Keep in mind I have no issue with HHH vs. Batista being on the card) 

16 hours ago, Craig H said:

It's so fucking stupid how much they've killed Braun. 

The thing that is amusing/horrifying is that this is the third WM in a row they have zero plans for Braun. I agree that it seems like he's completely screwed as a top act. He's basically Ryback when he was teaming with Curtis Axel now.

I think Wrestlemania and The Royal Rumble should be two night events, but they'd still find a way to make each night's show 6 hours long.

Edited by brocklock

Yeah, I (and a lot of other people) have been saying that for a few years now.

It blows my mind NJPW got there first with the Dome show.

Although it would cause serious schedule issues now that it wouldn't have in the past, with SmackDown moving back to Friday later this year. Do you do TakeOver Thursday? When do you do the Hall of Fame? Wait until Tuesday?

21 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Braun Strowman is a midcard comedy act. He's become Santino Marella.

I got it! Braun wins the Andre battle royal, then his debuting "sister", Broomhilda Strowman wins the not Moolah women's battle royal.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Haha 3

Can you imagine the amount of times where the first night is rendered null and void, because Vince gets 20 minutes sleep and decides to retcon everything the next day?

Kofi closing night one by beating Bryan for the title, only to eat an RKO and lose the belt five minutes into the next day would be amazing.

• Like 2

I don't know. Right now WrestleMania sells out because it's WrestleMania. The only year they really struggled was Dallas with the like 90,000 tickets.

So, no, they probably couldn't get 70,000 both nights (at least at current prices) but I wouldn't be surprised if they could get 40-45,000 each night. Offer two night packages for, say, 25% off face value or whatever. Things like that. 

Of course, they would likely get no other added revenue from ppv (there are still a few thousand buys on the traditional PPV's but it's a drop in the bucket) so I'm not sure they would come out ahead.

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

What would headline night 1? Assuming the women headline night 2.

Options are Triple H vs. Batista or Rollins vs. Lesnar. I don't think they'd do the WWE title even though they should.

I don't think they could sell out 2 nights.

Kingston vs Daniel Bryan

51 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I don't know. Right now WrestleMania sells out because it's WrestleMania. The only year they really struggled was Dallas with the like 90,000 tickets.

So, no, they probably couldn't get 70,000 both nights (at least at current prices) but I wouldn't be surprised if they could get 40-45,000 each night. Offer two night packages for, say, 25% off face value or whatever. Things like that. 

Of course, they would likely get no other added revenue from ppv (there are still a few thousand buys on the traditional PPV's but it's a drop in the bucket) so I'm not sure they would come out ahead.

They don’t need to go for 65-70k every year. They could easily do it for a smaller stadium 

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

they would likely get no other added revenue from ppv (there are still a few thousand buys on the traditional PPV's but it's a drop in the bucket) so I'm not sure they would come out ahead.

They would make insurmountable amounts of money if they put this on FOX and worked it like the Super Bowl. Which I think is far more likely than doing 2 nights of the big dance.

1 minute ago, peachchaos said:

They would make insurmountable amounts of money if they put this on FOX and worked it like the Super Bowl. Which I think is far more likely than doing 2 nights of the big dance.

I don't think that word means what you think it means. 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

I don't think that word means what you think it means. 

I think he meant astronomical.  I just don't think they could do 2 nights in this current climate.  There are plenty of people that I know who are planning on attending this year's WrestleMania because they are from around the area and it's nothing to make a quick drive or take public transportation but asking them to do an additional day seems like it's asking a bit much.  Plus, there are people who think of Mania as the "biggest" show so now you split it into two days it loses some of that "I was there!"  juice around the event. 

I am dreading the all day slog of eternal WrestleMania - not the matches or show itself, but the endless grind, repeated video packages and how burnt out the live crowd gets, thusly killing off the purpose of a live show: the HEAT. Please eliminate the battle royals - save them for the Saudis. I like big entrances and long matches when appropriate but I don't need time wasted on celebrity, nostalgia or unfunny comedy. Prioritize, my WWE peoples.

- RAF

• Like 5

Just putting the fucking video packages all on the pre-show and leaving them off the main card would cut at least close to an hour. 

They generally do really good packages, but put them on the pre-show that theoretically is supposed to get people to subscribe to the Network (even though I bet 2/3's minimum of the viewership is on the network)

• Like 2

Thursday - Takeover

Friday - SDL HOF special. Keeps the speeches short with only 2 hour show.

Saturday - Night 1

Men’s Battle Royal

Raw Tag

US title

Aj v Orton

Womens Tag Titles

CW title

SDL Womens Title

Triple H v Batista

WWE Title

Sunday - Night 2

Womens Battle Royal

SDL Tag

IC title

Elias Concert (Undertaker/Demon Balor appears to beat him down)

Roman v MacIntyre

Shane v Miz

Angle v Cena

Universal Title

Raw Womens Title

Monday - Raw with the usual call ups and shocks PLUS the 8-10 minute “Thank you HOFers” spot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

Fuck no on cutting the Hall of Fame down to only two hours. I hate every time they try to shorten it. I want to hear everyone talk damnit.

Oh, you're gonna hate this year's edition then. Supposedly they're cutting out inductors and only giving the inductees like 15 minutes to speak.

• Sad 2