DVDVR Message Board

WrestleMania XXXV - April 7, 2019

There hasn't been a peep about battle royals this year so I could easily see both of them not being done (especially when you remember both were on the kickoff show last year)

1 hour ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

No plans for Cena or Strowman yet either

Strowman is linked with the Sat Night Live guys - I doubt it will be a match but it will clearly eat up time

1 hour ago, HumanChessgame said:

At least there's not going to be a Taker match so that frees up 20 minutes worth of entrance time. Which will probably be used up in the HHH/Batista match.

Last rumor I saw was they weren't planning a match, but they were planning to have Taker appear.

4 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Not that anybody cares, but the cruiserweight tournament is down to Nese and Alexander. Hoping they go with the fresh match, but Alexander is the top face on the brand so...

I think Nese wins because all the momentum is behind Nese after that MOTYC with Dar before the Tournament started. 

• Like 3

I'm all in on Nese, if only because Cedric was a boring character over a year ago and has done nothing at all to change that.

I seriously doubt all of the titles will be defended on the show - I could see the RAW tag title match, for example, easily being dropped from the show. And they do seem to be setting up a whole lot of multi-man/multi-woman matches to also be leaving room for two stuffed battle royals.

• Like 1

The more I think about it - the more I really hope they don't run a women's battle royal

Taking everything at face value and working under the assumption that all the women's titles will be defended

14 women are already booked on the show

• Raw Title - 3
  • Women's Tag - 8 (rumored 4 way)
  • SDL Title - 2 (assuming Asuka vs ???)
  • Alexa "hosting" Mania

That leaves 13 main roster women and that number gets lower if you make the following assumptions

• Zelina Vega accompanies Andrade
  • Lana accompanies Rusev
  • Carmella accompanies R-Truth (or R-Truth and Carmella just do a wacky dance party segment)
  • SDL Title match is more than a singles match
  • Nikki Cross "interferes" with Alexa's hosting

Lot better to wait and use it to fill out an Evolution show (assuming they do that)

4 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

This is gross. WrestleMania 4 was only 16 matches.

Let's try to find some solutions...

• No IC title match. Outside of Balor, Raw's midcard is pretty dismal. I don't need to see a clusterfuck with Lashley, Elias, and/or Corbin
  • The Usos don't seem to be rushing toward any fresh matches, so no need to defend those belts
  • The Revival aren't exactly setting the world on fire and being filler on a stadium show won't change

I think they're going for Usos/Hardyz. Agreed on the rest.

Guessing Cena might be most likely for Kurt's farewell.

I could see them doing something like having a battle royal be for a title. Like Andre battle royal for the IC belt. Maybe even a Women's title battle royal where we see the Mandy-Sonya schism come to a head. Throw in Raw women to make up for Smackdown women being 2/3rds of the Raw title match. 

Predicting the kickoff matches  

I'm going to go with Cruiserweight title which is better for it probably gives them a good 10-12 minutes  

Smackdown tag team titles (even if it's the Hardys vs. Usos)  

SD Women's title Asuka vs. Mandy,  Sonya or both.  Or *gasp*  Lacey Evans. 

That leaves about 12-13 matches for the main card.  

Undertaker won't eat up a lot of time this year.  Hunter will but remember they used to BOTH eat up a lot of time.  

Unfortunately this Braun and SNL thing will eat up time...  it's going to be dreadful.  

I think the longest match on the card might end up being Bryan vs. Kofi if they go ahead with that or it could be AJ vs. Orton.  

Kurt Angle's retirement match should not go beyond 10-12 minutes. 

Batista vs. Triple H should not go above 15 minutes but it will probably end up being 23 minutes + entrance time. 

Seth Rollins vs. Brock Lesnar will probably go around 10 minutes. 

Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Ronda Rousey will probably go about 18 minutes. 

Unless they end up finding a way to insert Roman into the world title match it's pretty much a lock the women's three way will go on last. With Roman being cleared I'm wondering if they do the Bret/Yoko/Hulk deal only on Raw the next night with Brock retaining at Mania then Roman beating him for the belt the next night.

Possible bold prediction - Bryan/Kofi goes on first as the "hot opener". HHH/Batista gets the 9:30 ish mid show main event for people who have to call it an early night kind of like what the mixed tag got last year.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Undertaker won't eat up a lot of time this year.

Are you fucking kidding me?  Him walking to the ring will take about fifteen minutes.  Unless they get one of those carts and only show him chest up to make it look like he's levitating. 

1 hour ago, sydneybrown said:

Are you fucking kidding me?  Him walking to the ring will take about fifteen minutes.  Unless they get one of those carts and only show him chest up to make it look like he's levitating. 

this....this is going to be a thing that happens, isn't it?

Keep in mind, since HBK retired, Triple H has had the longest match at all but one WrestleMania (albeit only by 20 seconds last year.) And that's bell to bell time I'm talking about.

Him and Batista should go 12, but they'll probably go twenty.

(The one year he didn't was Dallas when Undertaker and Shane went 4 hours or so...)

39 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

(The one year he didn't was Dallas when Undertaker and Shane went 4 hours or so...)

Also: Triple H vs Roman Reigns went 27 minutes on that show. I looked it up because I was certain it was at least 46.

Those two could have had a very good match. But that wasn't it. 

27 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Also: Triple H vs Roman Reigns went 27 minutes on that show. I looked it up because I was certain it was at least 46.

Those two could have had a very good match. But that wasn't it. 

Yeah. Shane and Taker actually went 30.

That show was so ungodly long, and those two matches both literally should've been cut by at least a third if not half.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Yeah. Shane and Taker actually went 30.

That show was so ungodly long, and those two matches both literally should've been cut by at least a third if not half.

Only things worthwhile from it is Charlotte vs. Sasha vs. Becky to crown the first WWE Women's Champion with the Divas title retired in the Match of the Night and the opening Ladder match for the Intercontinental Championship.

• Like 1

Braun Strowman is a midcard comedy act. He's become Santino Marella.

Shane is actually getting booked onto WrestleMania again. I'm just not understanding Shane's place these days. Did he just always want to be a wrestler? Is he just one of the guys now? 

Edited by TheVileOne

His match against The Undertaker at WrestleMania 32 was the one match that moved the most tickets. It doesn't matter if he always wanted to be a wrestler, or whatever. Plain and simple, that's why he's had a place on the card ever since that year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1