DVDVR Message Board

WrestleMania XXXV - April 7, 2019

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I don't know what the situation with Alexa is, but her and Mickie not being in the mix doesn't strike me as a good sign. 

Well Alexa is reportedly injured again.

Of course that lead to her yelling on Twitter last week about how that was untrue and all the "dirt sheets were wrong"

So - yeah - she is injured again

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Alexa worked this past weekends house shows, teaming with Lacey against Dana & Natalya.

I wouldn't mind Nia's push as 'monster of the division', if she didn't just lose seemingly every other week. Even Tamina got a win over Sasha last week.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well Alexa is reportedly injured again.

Of course that lead to her yelling on Twitter last week about how that was untrue and all the "dirt sheets were wrong"

So - yeah - she is injured again

The fact we have wrestlers on twitter talking about Dirt Sheets and how they could kick someone's ass in a shoot has really really made me despise current wrestling.

5 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Alexa worked this past weekends house shows, teaming with Lacey against Dana & Natalya.

Did she take any bumps?  She "worked" some matches with Mickie too but never really tagged in.  I think her career as an in-ring performer is about done. 

If NXT UK is hogging all the female hosses, maybe it's time I watch NXT UK. 

45 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Did she take any bumps?  She "worked" some matches with Mickie too but never really tagged in.  I think her career as an in-ring performer is about done. 

If NXT UK is hogging all the female hosses, maybe it's time I watch NXT UK. 

You're missing out not watching NXT UK. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Also because Nia's a heat magnet and there's a need for larger women in the division for storytelling purposes.

Nia probably isn't the right person for the spot, but she's what they have at the moment until they start aggressively recruiting larger women.

It's pretty bad being a heat magnet because you can't do your job properly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I watched their Takeover event and it was awesome but I am behind on so much,  wrestling, movies, TV shows etc.  ? 

I know how that goes. I still haven't watched this weekend's MLW show and I have to watch the most recent Impact to see the Dark War.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

I hate that Batista is back and that he's being wasted on HHH.  IT's fucking gross, and I'm very upset about it.  

It's literally the only thing Dave has wanted for years. He wasn't coming back for anything else.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

It's literally the only thing Dave has wanted for years. He wasn't coming back for anything else.

Yes, but not exactly. He also wanted to come back and work a full schedule, house shows and all, but never trusted the creative side of things.

• Like 1

Hunter faced Taker at three Manias, will face Batista at two, and worked singles matches against Cena and Orton as well as a triple threat against both. If that's not the most repeat opponents in Mania history, it's got to be close. 

In total, that's eight matches.

Taker's the only reasonable contender in my mind. Two Shawn matches, three Hunter matches, and two Kane matches get him to seven matches with repeat opponents... Am I forgetting anything? 

I'm not thrilled about HHH-Batista again either, but I can't really think of anyone else it would make that much sense for Batista to be paired off with. Reigns would be fun, but I don't know that the match would really fit storyline-wise.