DVDVR Message Board

WrestleMania XXXV - April 7, 2019

Raw and SmackDown Women's Championships - Winner Takes All
Ronda Rousey (c) vs Becky Lynch vs Charlotte Flair (c)

Universal Championship
Brock Lesnar (c) w/ Paul Heyman vs Seth Rollins

WWE Championship
Daniel Bryan (c) vs Kofi Kingston

No Holds Barred
Triple H vs Batista

Roman Reigns vs Drew McIntyre

Kurt Angle vs Baron Corbin

Randy Orton vs AJ Styles

Falls Count Anywhere
Miz vs Shane McMahon

Women's Tag Team Championship
Sasha Banks and Bayley (c) vs Natalia Neidhart and Beth Phoenix vs Nia Jax and Tamina vs The IIconics

United States Championship
Samoa Joe (c) vs Rey Mysterio

Intercontinental Championship
Bobby Lashley (c) w/ Lio Rush vs Finn Balor

Raw Tag Team Championship
The Revival (c) vs Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins

SmackDown Tag Team Championship
Jimmy and Jey Uso (c) vs Rusev and Shinsuke Nakamura vs Aleister Black and Ricochet vs Sheamus and Cesaro

Musical Performance by Elias

WrestleMania 35 Host: Alexa Bliss  

Kickoff Show:

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
Participants: Braun Strowman, Colin Jost, Michael Che, Andrade, Apollo Crews, Titus O'Neil, Tyler Breeze, Jinder Mahal, No Way Jose, Bobby Roode, Chad Gable, Kalisto, Gran Metalik, Lince Dorado, Bo Dallas, Curtis Axel, Heath Slater, Rhyno, Viktor, Konnor, Ali, Shelton Benjamin, Luke Gallows, Karl Anderson, Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy, Otis, Tucker, EC3

Women's Battle Royal
Participants: Asuka, Carmella, Naomi, Lana, Mandy Rose, Sonya Deville, Nikki Cross, Dana Brooke, Ruby Riott, Liv Morgan, Sarah Logan, Mickie James, Zelina Vega

Cruiserweight Championship
Buddy Murphy (c) vs Tony Nese

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

And it is clear that Tamina/Nia vs. Nattie/Beth Phoenix is in some way shape or form is happening

Bayley and Sasha seem to be in the mix as well, so I'm not yet sure where things will shake out. Triple threat seems possible but also lame for the title's first Mania.

Then again, they crowned the inaugural champs in a chamber match. So...

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Bayley and Sasha seem to be in the mix as well, so I'm not yet sure where things will shake out. Triple threat seems possible but also lame for the title's first Mania.

Then again, they crowned the inaugural champs in a chamber match. So...

I can see a Fatal Four Way with Trish Stratus/Lita inclusion for the WWE Women's Tag Team Titles.

Edited by The Natural

I would think we are getting Revival vs Ricochet/Black in some way at WM.  It is just a question of whether Roode/Gable is going to be added to it.

We are definitely getting Lashley vs Balor in something.  Question whether it is singles or in a multi man match

The undercard is so fluid I won't even bother guessing at the moment. At this point, they could pull a ladder match out of their backside for any of the tag or midcard belts. Heck, they could just as easily throw Lashley, Lio, and Balor in the Andre battle royal. 

They were going to throw Rey vs Andrade on the Fastlane kickoff. Who even knows if that things finds any time at Mania. 

16 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

The undercard is so fluid I won't even bother guessing at the moment. At this point, they could pull a ladder match out of their backside for any of the tag or midcard belts. Heck, they could just as easily throw Lashley, Lio, and Balor in the Andre battle royal. 

They were going to throw Rey vs Andrade on the Fastlane kickoff. Who even knows if that things finds any time at Mania. 

I don't think Mysterio vs. Andrade will and both deserve the feud ender not as a kickoff match. We might get the blowoff at the post WrestleMania XXXV PPV. The match we thought would happen at WrestleMania XXVIII, Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan got their time at Extreme Rules 2012 instead.

A lot of the time, undercard Mania matches are hampered by being on a bloated show, time-constraints resulting from part-timers in big matches, and an audience/venue that's way too big to offer the reaction you'd like to hear for anyone other than the tippy-top guys. This wouldn't be the first time Mysterio will be best served by a feud that blows-off after Mania. His feuds with Cody and Punk both got better after the biggest show of the year. 

That Chicago show also had a Punk-Jericho match that was way better than the Mania match. Post-Mania stuff is so often better than Mania. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 2

I honestly don't care what they are doing with either set of tag titles because whatever it is it will be rushed and/or involve too many teams.  I've said this before,   I don't believe everyone should be on the card and if you want to go that route fine, that's what the battle royal is for. 

• Like 2

Agreed, Mysterio/Andrade deserves more than 7 minutes in front of possibly dead crowd (depending on when they went on) so I wouldn't mind if they push that a little. It's not a blood feud that has to be settled on the big stage or anything. A US Title Ladder Match would be a good way to get those two, Joe, Truth (and Mella and the dance break), Ali, and even Cena onto a prominent card position. Sure, it wouldn't be as good as most possible single matches from those guys but let's face it, match quality is not what this show is about.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

A lot of the time, undercard Mania matches are hampered by being on a bloated show, time-constraints resulting from part-timers in big matches, and an audience/venue that's way too big to offer the reaction you'd like to hear for anyone other than the tippy-top guys. This wouldn't be the first time Mysterio will be best served by a feud that blows-off after Mania. His feuds with Cody and Punk both got better after the biggest show of the year. 

That Chicago show also had a Punk-Jericho match that was way better than the Mania match. Post-Mania stuff is so often better than Mania. 

Backlash 2000, 2009 and Extreme Rules 2012 are examples of the first event after WrestleMania better than WrestleMania itself.

46 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Also,  Women's tag titles right now to me seems like it will be Boss N' Hug vs. Samoan Slaughterhouse vs. Divas of Doom vs. IIconics which is going to be horrible. 

That has disaster written all over it. I feel bad for Bayley, Sasha, and the IIconics. That would be a fine match on its own.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That has disaster written all over it. I feel bad for Bayley, Sasha, and the IIconics. That would be a fine match on its own.

That or Fire & Desire.  They had a hell of a final stretch in the Elimination Chamber.  I don't know why SS is still getting pushed it's ridiculous they are terrible. 

8 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

That or Fire & Desire.  They had a hell of a final stretch in the Elimination Chamber.  I don't know why SS is still getting pushed it's ridiculous they are terrible. 

because of Nia's former WWE superstar, movie star cousin

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1