DVDVR Message Board

NMM #5 - KATSUHIKO NAKAJIMA

RIPPA

KATSUHIKO NAKAJIMA

KATCHAN.png

CAGEMATCH

RANDOM MATCHES (w/ links)

vs. @DEAN's boy (Mohammed Yone)

vs. Kaito Kiyomiya (Global League Final)

vs. Go Shiozaki

RANDOM MATCHES (w/o links)

vs. Brian Cage

Katsuhiko Nakajima & Masa Kitamiya vs. Hideyoshi Kamitani & Takuya Nomura

vs. Eddie Edwards (it is on Dailymotion but it wouldn't link for me for some reason)

RANDOM THOUGHTS

The Brian Cage match should be your first priority. Google is your friend

NOAH Ark's Youtube channel is also a great resource

• Like 1

s2jcv3z7tcl11.jpg

Nakajima has always been a serviceable babyface kick-man, but his heel turn has been a revelation. The tag against Nomura has one of 2018's nastiest finishes, and his title challenge against Sugiura is one of my favorite matches of last year. (Both are on the streaming site that shall not be named. Sadly, most of his best/recent work seems to be sequestered there.)

Edited by Beech27
  • Like 3

vs. Kaito Kiyomiya felt like Jimmy Olsen mistakenly entering Dr. Gonzo and HJT's hotel room.

I must say thank you for this one. NOAH has been a blind spot for me, and I wouldn't have known about a new favorite guy. What is fantastic is that I can't decide which persona I like better.

Edited by Old Goat

That has to be one of the weirdest comparisons for a wrestling match I've ever read. How so? 

Anyway, the match is really good. Kiyomiya works like Tiger Mask-era Misawa only without the stoicism. Nakajima is HUGELY contemptuous of this young man and treats him like a heavy bag.

• Like 1

• RIPPA unpinned this topic

Decided to jump in on the Kiyomiya match. Good, clean, clear storytelling. I like how hard Kiyomiya had to work at everything (both his first offensive hits with the dive and the work he put into his reverse DDT combo come to mind). Nakajima's nonchalance is a thing of beauty, from the real estate they got out of that early delayed rope break to him keeping his head to Kiyomiya's to slow down a comeback, to how flippant he was in his beating of him. I like that it was only when Kiyomiya actually fought hard enough to make Nakajima lose his cool that he was able to actually take over. A few too many kicks to the gut cut-offs by Nakajima. I love when he just halts the snap-mare early on though. The big cut off, that low dropkick to set up all the kicks was perfect, though. At around the ~23:00 minute mark, I got real worried that there was 11 minutes left in the video. Thankfully, they rolled into the finishing stretch instead, leaning back into Nakajima turning the attitude on and ultimately paying for it. The first time Kiyomiya hit a German felt like a big moment in the confines of the match considering how he had gone for it multiple times before, and it set up the ultimate finish nicely.

Good stuff.

• Like 1

• RIPPA unfeatured this topic