DVDVR Message Board

NXT TV - 03/06/19 (SPOILER FREE!) - ALL DUSTY! ALL THE TIME!

RIPPA

Advertised for tonight

Four 1st Round Dusty Classic Matches

• #DIY vs. UE (Fish/O'Reilly)
  • Moustache Mountain vs. Street Profits
  • Black/Ricochet vs. Aichner/Barthel
  • Forgotten Sons vs. Lorcan/Burch

Really fun show tonight. All four matches were great. I really liked the false finish with a hyped up Ford pulling the legs too far to seal the pin. I loved that same spot when Neville almost snagged the title from Rollins that one Raw. Really fun way to have a false finish. Why wouldn't someone be pumped at a big win? And Montez is hyped up all the time. I like that as a weakness. 

The EU is going to be the next big thing by the end of 2019. They just need to learn how to be jerks a bit better. Great mannerisms but they need to start doing more stuff like eye rakes across the ropes.

Dream's segment ruled. 

This might be the best all around episode of the actual weekly tv show NXT has ever done. All the matches were great, the opener with Ricochet/Black vs EU being my personal favorite. EU really is quietly becoming one of the highlights of the weekly shows. Even if the crowds are indifferent when they come out, they are always way into the match by the time things get going.

I love that Undisputed Era hangs out with their merchandise just draped over everything around them. OReilly's ridiculous(in a good way)rebound bump off the ropes was aces.

Brought a smile to my face to see DIY together again with the old music in front of a crowd that gets it. Just makes the news about Ciampa even sadder, though.

Dream calling down the spotlight at the end of his reminder(not a speech!) was *****

• Like 1

MM/SP was probably the worst of tonight's matches, and it was at very least good. Damn was this a great episode. Glad they found still found time for building Dream/Riddle and Io/Bianca. Not sure what my favorite match tonight was. I'm thinking its between Black/Ricochet vs. EU & Forgotten Sons vs. 1/2. EU & 1/2 deserve tag title reigns so damn much however short.

Edited by Eivion

Guest Edwin

I'm just glad me constantly hyping up EU has lived up. ?

They and 1-2 are easily the 2 best tag teams in the world.

Live, EU/Ricochet and Black is my pick for MOTY. Will need to see it on video, though.

I maybe the only dude in Full Sail who completely loses it whenever EU come out, but I'm proud. They are truly an incredible tag team.

EU earned themselves a title shot at the NXT Orlando Live event so maybe a house show title change occurs...

Edited by Edwin

Seeing everyone post about EU and here I am wondering if there is some Undisputed Era joke Im not getting...

Anyway, NXT is the best promotion in the world right now. I hope that with the rumor they are becoming a full fledged 3rd brand that they dont do something dumb like go to 2 hours and let Vince get involved.

90mins MAX for this brand is more than enough but the 1 hour shows hit that sweet spot for showcasing people while also giving enough of a break to let absence make the heart grow fonder.

1 hour ago, L_W_P said:

Seeing everyone post about EU and here I am wondering if there is some Undisputed Era joke Im not getting...

Out of curiousity, what would the joke be? EU is short for European Union. 

Speaking of the Undisputed Era, they're jobbing way too much to begin 2019. Coming off UE's title reign, War Machine/Raiders is quite a downgrade. It's unfortunate Ciampa got hurt, putting an end to he and Gargano's story for now, but I think Adam Cole makes the most sense to put the nxt title on.

17 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Out of curiousity, what would the joke be? EU is short for European Union. 

Speaking of the Undisputed Era, they're jobbing way too much to begin 2019. Coming off UE's title reign, War Machine/Raiders is quite a downgrade. It's unfortunate Ciampa got hurt, putting an end to he and Gargano's story for now, but I think Adam Cole makes the most sense to put the nxt title on.

No idea.

The first time I saw it I assumed it was a typo. UE = Undisputed Era so EU is a typo right? Then it popped up in every post and I didn't even click that it was for European Union.

Waiting for the eventual merger of the 2 into The UEEU - Undisputed Era of the European Union.

• Like 1

I just hope Vince is kept far away from the EU. I'd bet he'd love the chance to add a Japanese wrestler (Nakamura, Tozawa, Kushida?) to the mix and turn them into the Axis of Evil, so the red-blooded All American (probably Roman or one last Cena run) can stand triumphant over them.

Yes, I know Vince put the kibosh on Nazi Hidenreich and Kenzo Suzuki as Hirohito, but 2019 Vince is surely further off the deep end than 2004 Vince.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie