DVDVR Message Board

DAMN YOU JOHN CENA!!! - SDL - 3/5/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Good on Joe, though he should have beaten Brock for the title at Great Balls of Fire.

This women's title situation is so convoluted I have no clue who is supposed to be the heel and face in it. All three are clearly acting like heels and there's been so much shenanigans surrounding it that nothing makes sense any more which is par for the course for WWE.

I'm glad Black and Ricochet won but they're much better off as singles and there are plenty of other already established teams (fresh from NXT even) that could use the push more.

I had no idea Fastlane was here already. This show doesn't come off like a big deal in the slightest.

• Like 3

I'm glad you mentioned Cena in the title because Becky's booking vs Charlotte at the moment is coming off as peak SuperCena. She took three armbars last night, claims to be "injured", yet still magically conjures a Disarmher and bends the legs that are supposedly "injured." while doing it, just because.

Edited by RIShane
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That 4 way was pretty awesome. I was down for a long Truth run but now I want a take on all comers Joe run all year. The champ is here. I think this can lead to Joe/Cena now if Cena is working Mania at all. Sad that Andrade/Rey is just tossed on the preshow though. Loved the Hardyz 1999 outfit look.

5 minutes ago, RIShane said:

I'm glad you mentioned Cena in the title because Becky's booking vs Charlotte at the moment is coming off as peak SuperCena. She took three armbars last night, claims to be "injured", yet still magically conjures a Disarmher and bends the legs that are supposedly "injured." while doing it, just because.

Prime example of why I can't stand Becky anymore. I wished she would at least be out a day to sell that hell of a beating Ronda delivered last night but it was as if nothing really happened in that regard. I know it's not likely but man I want Charlotte to win more than ever now.

• Like 3

Glad that Joe won the US title. I've had a rough evening, which I let out in the How's It Going? thread. My attention wasn't fully on Smackdown, but I pumped my fist for Joe's win. 

I'm still firmly on Team Becky. Screw the Wooo; ditch the Bitch.

• Like 6

I enjoyed R-Truths run as champ, he is a great comedy act but it was nice to see him work against super workers like Andrade, Rey and even Nak since he's come back from injury. He can still go at his age and don't look any older than he did ten years ago, but Its cool Joe won. I hope we get Joe and Cena at Mania especially cause I'm sure Joe is going to bring up the fact that he helped train him or bring up there freestyle battles. Joe is so nice on the mic that he literally prevents himself from being hurt by bad  booking and lossing by his promos. He is so convincing. Nobody is close, it reminds me of CM Punk before the Pipebomb. He deserves the Main title instead of the US but if he gets Cena then it's cool, if he beats Cena they should just go  all the way and let him have a run as the heel WWE Champ 

• Like 1

I'm sad to see Truth's US title run already over, but I am happy Joe finally won a belt. Really hope Joe gets the Cena match for WM.

Owens as a face feels weird to me after only seeing him play heel in WWE (never saw his indy work). It is nice to see the crowd buying in.

Dug the small bit of build they are doing for Orton/AJ.

1 hour ago, HumanChessgame said:

This women's title situation is so convoluted I have no clue who is supposed to be the heel and face in it. All three are clearly acting like heels and there's been so much shenanigans surrounding it that nothing makes sense any more which is par for the course for WWE. 

Becky is the face purely by crowd demand. Since her turn last year she more or less been an asshole all the way through.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

I enjoyed R-Truths run as champ, he is a great comedy act but it was nice to see him work against super workers like Andrade, Rey and even Nak since he's come back from injury. He can still go at his age and don't look any older than he did ten years ago, but Its cool Joe won. I hope we get Joe and Cena at Mania especially cause I'm sure Joe is going to bring up the fact that he helped train him or bring up there freestyle battles. Joe is so nice on the mic that he literally prevents himself from being hurt by bad  booking and lossing by his promos. He is so convincing. Nobody is close, it reminds me of CM Punk before the Pipebomb. He deserves the Main title instead of the US but if he gets Cena then it's cool, if he beats Cena they should just go  all the way and let him have a run as the heel WWE Champ 

All Joe's really needed was just a strongly booked run. He's such a good promo and presence that he effectively conveys 'badass', but then he usually gets booked to lose, and so you can't really believe him. I've said it before, but without Becky's super-booking letting fans believe that she can back up any trash talk she says, she'd probably be in a similar spot.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I don't give a shit about Behemoth personally but any trend towards wrestlers wearing more band shirts on air is fine by me

I also love Rowan wearing the most Satanic Behemoth shirt possible and getting away with it

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 4