DVDVR Message Board

Raw-united, And It Feels So Good. - 3/4/2019

Dolfan in NYC

You know, I certainly love the fact that when Raw's women's title got vacated, Stephanie decided the best course of action was to give a title shot to two women from the other show

Also, that segment absolutely should have ended with Shayna destroying Charlotte from behind. 

Do I even need to get into the Richard Fleihr stuff?  Batista's promo was great.  Hunter's was.. good in spots but this Russo shit between Twitter this past week and now on RAW with the "everything is fake but THIS is real.."  is what basically killed WCW.  Why would anyone want to revisit that. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Man,  I like your write ups but I don't want to know what Batista was wearing.  I want to know what Dave Bautista was wearing.  

a mask to hide his fear, envy, and shame just like any other real man. Larry Wendell Pfol. Robert Remus, Eldridge Wayne Coleman.

Except for Leon White. That was pretty much his face.

• Like 2

Pretty excited to see the Shield, even though I bet my mortgage payment Ambrose ends up staying. Too bad their opponents are the Authors of Plain. Ugh. 

• Like 1

A very mixed bag tonight.

I guess mentioning Ambrose leaving means this has gone from shoot to work, and he's staying. Maybe another Shield reunion was what did it. You can tell his heart wasn't into the heel turn at all and the horseshit material he had to work with. I liked Renee's line about Dean leaving for greener pastures. You could almost hear AEW about to come out of her mouth.

I'm disappointed Ricochet/Black vs. The Revival was pretty much just a tease. Maybe we get a three way match for the titles at Fastlane. I doubt they stretch this out until Mania. 

Ronda's heel turn was well done. What she said was pretty good, even if she sometimes sounds like Mushmouth. This likely starts the build to Horsewomen vs. Horsewomen.

Corbin, Lashley, and McIntyre are a black hole of suck. You could hear a pin drop each time they came out. Hopefully, Balor getting pinned clean by Lashley means Finn wins whenever they have a title match.

HHH's promo was decent at points and cringeworthy at others. I don't like using shoot names and mentioning Reid's death. I was fully expecting "This isn't HHH talking, this is Paul Levesque.". Batista is truly a case of "you don't know what you got until it's gone". This is the best version of Batista. I'll be slightly bummed when he leaves again.

I like Elias working Bryce Harper into his Philly song. 

Those guys from SNL? Why, just why? They reminded me of why I haven't watched SNL in years.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 3

I really was expecting HHH to say “Now you’re dealing with Paul”.

But seriously that is probably the best use of Rousey since she’s been in, except she pretty much killed Becky dead with that beat down (and maybe not her heat, but certainly credibility, especially with the casuals or people they are hoping to stay on when Rhonda goes), and really should’ve been Charlotte instead. Because of her UFC background, Rousey comes across as way more credible than any normal pro wrestling promo could when she says she’d beat the piss out of them IRL, so by having her then do so right after saying it just re-enforces she’s on another level to them. If it was Charlotte that got it in that last segment (without Becky present), and have Becky cop a beating from Rhonda later on down the line in a more heel-ish manner (like a proper sneak attack, not an attack where she was hit second and was also armed with a weapon that she’s used before at the start of the attack), then it could elevate Becky as the person that can hang on Rhonda’s level by beating her. As it is though, the ex UFC champ just told everybody they are legit tougher than everybody else and can beat everybody up, and then went and did it. It’s like how well would’ve Austin’s image gone if Tyson had just knocked him out cold during the Raw angle in Fresno?

• Haha 1

The Weekend Update guys were awful, and I'm a big fan of them. You can tell from their WWE references in the past, they aren't there because they're big fans. It's going to be awful.

I thought the main event segment fell flat. It felt very much like a segment meant for Brock, and then Ronda sprinted through her promo, and destroyed Becky flat, yet all the heat kinda went onto Charlotte and Steph instead. 

Everything else was fast forward worthy. 

Surely if Ambrose was leaving, they'd hotshot the title onto Reigns or Rollins before Mania and do the Shield triple threat while they could?

I'm not a fan at all of Becky getting beat down like that. I also hate extended worked injury angles *COUGHSETHCOUGH* and now Becky has to look like she has two injuries. The deck was stacked against her enough as is. You don't have to stack it even more.

That crowd was so fucking dead for that Ronda beat down too. It's like they're actively trying to kill Becky's aura.

• Like 1

I mean, Becky was walking around with a crutch and a bum leg, it's not like she got beat down at full strength. Of course I thought it was silly last week when she came out with a crutch and bum leg last week and laid out Natalya and Rousey despite Ronda ripping her crutch away and hitting her with it (which was no sold) so this is likely one of those "you will never make everyone happy" situations. 

Or to put it another way, if Rousey can't lay a beating on her when she's hurt and basically cheapshotted then Rousey never will.

• Like 2

Damn. I thought y’all would’ve liked “Authors of Plain” for Corbin, McIntyre, and Lashley. I also had “Mehvolution,” the “Bore Horsemen,” and “Three Man Bland.”

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Dug how the Shield came together. Thought the six man tag was actually solid, but Lashley, Corbin, and Drew together are just kind of boring even when having nice enough matches. I do wish we were getting better opponents for the Shield.

Batista had a nice promo. HHH's promo would have been good had he left all of the shooty shit alone.

I kind of liked Tamina/Sasha.

Heavy Machinery murdering the rest of the tag division was interesting and makes me hope they are named no. 1 contenders soon.

Revival vs. Ricochet/Black was fun while it last, and I'm fine with it being more of a tease.

Ronda saying fuck it, turning full heel, and beating the shit out of Becky was great. Still not big on them going the route of a triple threat, and I don't think the crowd is either.

29 minutes ago, just drew said:

Damn. I thought y’all would’ve liked “Authors of Plain” for Corbin, McIntyre, and Lashley. I also had “Mehvolution,” the “Bore Horsemen,” and “Three Man Bland.”

Authors of Plain was very good. I'm going to rank them.

1. Authors of Plain

2. Three Man Bland

3. Bore Horsemen

4. Mehvolution

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 3

So that SNL guy should be World Chamo, right? I mean Braun lifted him by the throat, choked him through an entire commercial break, then let him down after and he didn’t even gasp or gag and even made a smartass comment as he walked away.  Braun has only been beaten through chicanery and cheating and this guy wasn’t even affected by being choked by him!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So is Ronda a full blown heel now? Because I really like this version of Ronda.

I'm also kinda upset that nothing is on the line for Charlotte at Fastlane, besides the option for her match to turn into a triple threat or stay a singles match. Just shows how much they really want Charlotte in that match.