DVDVR Message Board

WWE Battleground 2013

Niners Fan in CT

Bray-Kofi was shockingly pretty good, and Bray was able to successfully work with Kofi when the pace really picked up. Even with the creepiness factor involved, I think the Wyatts will actually work better as faces, as the crowd wants to cheer them and a lot of their moves would go over well as face finishers/signature moves. If Rhodes Family does not win the tag titles over The Shield, I want the Wyatts-Shield to be the next major tag team feud.

Ugh. I hope everyone gets over their bizarre need to have either the Wyatts or Shield turn soon. The best heel acts the company has had in some time, neither of which would work in the slightest as faces, do not need to be tampered with.

Bray shouldn't turn for a very long time (though he should, and no doubt will, eventually) but Harper and Rowan could easily be replaced if they were to turn.  Anyone can wear a goat mask and do clubberin'.

I don't agree with this - Harper and Rowan have the right look to be backwoods cultists, and the added benefit of not having an established persona that requires an overhaul. Replacing them with, say, Drew McIntyre and Evan Bourne would require a lot more effort.

That being said, if they can easily be replaced, all the more reason not to turn them - if the audience isn't vested enough in them or the Wyatt Family gimmick for the turn to mean anything, why bother doing it?

• Like 1

RE: Divas division. I think Naomi is going to be very good. She's bigger than AJ and crazy athletic. She just needs to be given a chance. They won't strap a rocket to her back because she's only dating a midcarder so unfortunately she has to wait longer to get where she should be. Kaitlyn being taken off TV was a mistake. She was improving a lot. She has no issue taking sick bumps and her spear looks great.

I thought/think the same thing about Alicia Fox, she's very athletic and bumps like a female Dolph Ziggler. like regal says she has the most beautiful bridge. Her execution of most he moves arent pretty but she tries and she talks alot of shit in her matches too.

Loved her match with Bre last week, She was really heelish last week.

AJ bumps well and isn't as terrible as most of the women she wrestles but she's not exactly the female Daniel Bryan. She has a long ways to go. She throws some weak looking strikes. I think some people are overrating her now.

I don't have any idea when the last time a Diva match sans AJ came close to a match with AJ. That's how horrible the Divas have been.

One of the last ones without her (Kaitlyn/Eve) was just as good as anything with her IMO.

Maaaannn...I  enjoyed most everything on this PPV. I didnt read spoilers/this thread until I watched it, and I am glad I did. Even the Big Show stuff was enjoyable, even if it was predictable.

Rhodes/Shield had me marking out all the way through. RVD was surprisingly non whiffy on most of his stuff. And Bray is Gumbyesque in his bendability.

My favorite thing on the whole show was the slow motion shot of the Cesaro swing on Khali.

Seth Rollins dies like no other in the business right now.  What an amazing mother fucker.

That diva's match... that was a match.. I was half-watching this while playing GTA5 but after that shit, I focused solely on smuggling cocaine and stealing cars.

Okay so Battleground wasn't so bad after all... 

Posted Image

Man, Albert looks a ton like the food investigator guy from the Arbys commercials.

Albert looking all classy in a suit makes me wish that he'd beat up guys while dressed in formal wear. The world could use another Big Bubba Rogers / Mr. Hughes gimmick.