DVDVR Message Board

WWE Battleground 2013

Niners Fan in CT

Can someone tell me what happened in the main event? Even the official WWE website has not updated and everybody else is doing the vague indy movie exposition. 

Big Show KO punched everyone.  Then they played his music.

Can someone tell me what happened in the main event? Even the official WWE website has not updated and everybody else is doing the vague indy movie exposition. 

More serious answer:

Bryan had Orton in the Yes Lock

Big Show's music plays

Big Show runs in crying, pulls out the ref

Bryan releases the hold, asks Big Show what he's doing, Big Show KO punches Bryan, still crying

Brad Maddox appears on stage and brings out the ref who got fired, sends him to the ring

Big Show KO punches the new ref.  Big Show stops crying.

Big Show gets in the ring, Orton chews him out, Show KO punches Orton

Big Show's music plays.  The end.

It really makes no sense that they couldn't just do the screw job and have Orton retain.  And let HHH think he's got this by offering Bryan a Hell In a Cell shot, but only if he can beat Show...and if Bryan loses he never gets another shot, blah blah...pitch that for a week on RAW...Bryan wins despite interference and you've got your HitC match.

Plus you've got Orton with at least a win over Bryan and Bryan gets to look strong against Show by doing the underdog thing again and getting a huge pop when he manages to get up a running knee on show somehow.  Show doesn't suffer a bit from this if the big payoff is him turning on HHH anyway.

This...was just dogshit.

Poor Brad Maddox looked like that farmer after morbidly obese Homer Simpson irrated the crops.

Aww no, Triple H is gonna have mah legs broken.

Man this ppv was horrible outside of The Rhodes Family vs. The Shield. Ah it if was the mid 80's, it would have been inside of a cage and Dustin would have been bleeding a ton doing his best Ricky Morton impression (not to say he didn't do a good one tonight). I really was waiting for Triple H or someone to come out and screw them over and say they didn't get their jobs back because of some small technicallity. I guess that's tomorrow night. The Dweem has to beat Ambrose or something.

The Cesaro swing was amazing. Why they hell wasn't he made the new Paul Heyman guy? Don't get me wrong, I love him with Zeb. But man he should be in the middle of a huge IC title run right now. Speaking of We The People, it looks like the WWE is making their own Gadsen flags. Black with WE THE PEOPLE on them. Can't copyright something public domain? We'll see about that.

The main event was all right. Orton and Bryan mesh well together. But yeah that ending. Sending up a BS ending just for tv and another PPV at the end of the month. Are we sure Russo isn't secretly working for them? I thought the reign of Triple H would be alot smoother. Crazy Vince is still screwing with things.

I guess for whatever reason they didn't want to put the title back on Orton and then have him lose it again next month. Still, terrible finish to a really fun match.The Rhodes stuff was incredible, though.

I mean, we've done the whole "Dustin is awesome" thing to death but HOLY FUCK Dustin was awesome.
  • Like 2

The first thing I said when I saw how Goldust was panted up was Darth Dustin!

The moonsault from Cody, then the back spring cross body from Dust.

The Bionic Elbow after the truly Texas punch with belt buckle...

That match was awesome.

Still though.  People are sleeping on the visual of Bray "Voldo" Wyatt skittering in the bridge position

Man, you all need to stop hating.ADR/RVD was a decent hardcore match. Fun match with some decent hardcore spots.

The Cesaro Swing was amazing.

Divas match was decent. AJ's putting on a lot of really good matches. I thought Tamina as AJ's Diesel was good. Her choke on Brie was nasty.

Rhodes Family vs. The Shield is one of the most perfect moments in wrestling history. Not kidding. I watched this at the Fox and Hound in Philly and the place was just electric for this match. Just lit up from start-to-finish. The end was great. Awesome touch to have the face locker room come out. I might make this as my MOTY right now. It was such an amazing story. Great match that ended in the best way possible. A+++.Kofi/Bray suffered from poor show placement. NOTHING was going to top that. I thought that was still a good match, though. Bray's best since the call up, easily. There were a lot of good spots in it. Bray's low cross-body was great. I loved his powerslam out of Kofi's slingshot. The Sister Abigail ending exchange was solid, too. Get Bray in a feud with someone with actual stakes and it's not in a fire match and he'll be huge.

Punk/Ryback was pretty lackluster.

Main event lost a lot of steam because of the power outage. I thought it picked up really well, especially when Bryan made the dive to the floor. The ending is fine -- they've been building up to that for six weeks now. If they still don't have a conclusion to what Show is doing by the next PPV, I'll complain. But now Show's going to be either a guest referee or there's going to be some three way match with him.

Fun time.

• Like 2

Everything Rhodes Family ruled tonight. Loved that Dusty got in a Bionic Elbow, crowd was super hot and the finish was perfect. Crossrhodes looked great. Cesaro Swing was the other highlight of course. Ending was awkward with the match just ending via Big Show's music playing again. Agreed with most everything else feeling like filler. Did like ADR/RVD too even though felt like RVD had no chance.