DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2019 WRESTLING GIFS

13 hours ago, King Leonidas Of Sparta said:

Please provide context for that Yoko clip for those of us not in the know. Talk about getting squashed...

It's from the 1/3/94 RAW. The unfortunate jobber's name is Dan Dubiel. Pretty standard Yoko squash. My guess is that the Fuji story is 100% bullshit.

8 hours ago, Peck said:

Don't know if it's the one represented above but wasn't there a story floating around about one of the jobbers being disrespectful backstage(perhaps to Mr. Fuji?) so Yoko squashed them extra good on the Bonzai?

Found the story. It's from a Naylor interview with Meltz. 

We get some random conversations about several wrestlers. Meltzer said some teams hated working with the Samoan Swat Team as they were hard to move. They add how Samoan wrestlers would rough up enhancement talent who were disrespectful and mention the Yokozuna vs. Dan Dubiel match from “Wrestling Challenge” where Yokozuna completely destroys Dubiel and flattens him with the sumo drop as Dubiel was reportedly disrespectful to Mr. Fuji and was not selling Yoko’s offense.

6 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

Man, how dumb have you got to be to disrespect Mr Fuji?

Reminds me of Meltzer's story about Buddy Rose's last night with the WWF in (I think) 1982. 

“On his last night in, it was when Fuji was doing those horrible ribs,” remembered (Billy) Graham. “Buddy was begging Fuji not to padlock his bag full of clothes to a drainage pipe while he was doing his match. Buddy was begging him. Fuji was just sitting there smiling at Buddy. Rose actually grabbed his giant bag and took it to the ring with him and set it in the corner. When the match was over, he grabbed the bag, walked right through the locker room with his boots and trunks on, and drove away.”

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

lol that jobber sure did deserve to face the real possibility of getting his skull caved in because he "disrespected' (no other details, of course) a known asshole huh

Ribs and "receipts" are both fucking stupid.  If Yokuzuna had an issue with the guy, he should have settled it before or after the match.  Purposely hurting someone when they least expect it during what's agreed to be a fake fight is cowardly as fuck.

• Like 9

So'z, when Kota Ibushi does crazy dangerous moves, it's important to know that he has actually toned it down when you see shit like the below and those crazy spikes he did to poor Gota Ihashi.

giphy.gif

Die, Michael. Die!

And for fun!

giphy.gif

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Technico Support said:

lol that jobber sure did deserve to face the real possibility of getting his skull caved in because he "disrespected' (no other details, of course) a known asshole huh

Ribs and "receipts" are both fucking stupid.  If Yokuzuna had an issue with the guy, he should have settled it before or after the match.  Purposely hurting someone when they least expect it during what's agreed to be a fake fight is cowardly as fuck.

Agreed 100%

8 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Image result for yokozuna rope breaking gif

Related image

That’s practically the end of Yoko in the right? Shame about that at the time. When Yoko turned face, his tag team with Taker practically only lasted a couple of minutes on TV, and was only used as ratings bait. 

Couldn’t find a gif of it. I guess this is close enough on the unlikely teams list.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

b815080ae898983d-600x338.gif

Pillman is one of my biggest "What Ifs?" in wrestling. I would have loved to see what he would have come up with in the Attitude Era. He was the Attitude Era before it became a thing. I go back and re-watch his Loose Cannon stuff a lot and never think "This didn't age well.".

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 3