Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
The Natural

MARCH 2019 WRESTLING TALK.

Recommended Posts

What's billed as the "And that's a shoot Brother" armbar.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AxB said:

What's billed as the "And that's a shoot Brother" armbar.

Then they should just call that armbar Troy Martin so we know its a shoot!

James

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, AxB said:

Has anyone anywhere suggested that the reason the main event of Mania is a three way is to try and ensure Ronda doesn't go into business for herself and make it a shoot? Because in a one on one real fight, y'know...

It was at this very moment when I realized what the one thing in life that would truly make me happy would be...

...Ronda Rousey re-purposing the Steiner math promo for the WM women's match

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, sabremike said:

I'd say Joe Son but he's locked away in prison forever.

Then, Punk would win by forfeit.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly would love Gokar to come out of retirement and just spend rounds srtretching Punk to drive him from MMA forever

James

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J.H. said:

Then they should just call that armbar Troy Martin so we know its a shoot!

James

If Mike Tenay joins the commentary team for the main event like JR did in Florida....WE KNOW WHERE THAT IS GOING.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

Still reckon Becky wins with what's billed as a shoot armbar.

No way does Ronda lose to an armbar, "her move". I don't see her agreeing to that whatsoever.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would it be any less humiliating to her than agreeing to re-enact the finish to the Holm or Nunes fights?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm all in. Drew McIntyre becomes T-Bone and Corbin gets stuck with Koko the Monkey.

Does that make Lashley "Gammy"?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, cwoy2j said:

Does that make Lashley "Gammy"?

Lashley is the Exterminator. That's what we used to call him in high school...linebacker.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is why Bret’s roll up wins ruled. It’s not how you win it was if you win. 

Though the triple threat will no doubt end in some terrible triple submission where Becky and Ronda tap at the same time but Becky wins and then Ronda can go be a mom and Charlotte can argue the double tap in her and Becky’s thrilling post mania feud.

Hopefully they don’t shit the bed like in that Taker/Lesnar rematch(SS?) where I don’t even know or care to this day who won just that I watched some dumb shit. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Zartan said:

This is why Bret’s roll up wins ruled. It’s not how you win it was if you win. 

Though the triple threat will no doubt end in some terrible triple submission where Becky and Ronda tap at the same time but Becky wins and then Ronda can go be a mom and Charlotte can argue the double tap in her and Becky’s thrilling post mania feud.

Hopefully they don’t shit the bed like in that Taker/Lesnar rematch(SS?) where I don’t even know or care to this day who won just that I watched some dumb shit. 

Well, none are as broken down as Taker, so it shouldn't shit the bed that badly.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems it would be a 2nd match from 89 rather than the infamous 86 match, but still interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the date has to be wrong. There is a 5/16/1989 Hart vs. Magee match from LaCrosse, WI, but every other match for Magee in WWF in 1989 is with Tim Horner, with the exception of one match against Jim Powers and one against Ken Shamrock, at least according to http://www.thehistoryofwwe.com/89.htm

Obviously, it is likely not the match from 10/7/86, but goddamn, it's cool anyway, eh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DreamBroken said:

Seems it would be a 2nd match from 89 rather than the infamous 86 match, but still interesting.

 

35 minutes ago, grilledcheese said:

I think the date has to be wrong. There is a 5/16/1989 Hart vs. Magee match from LaCrosse, WI, but every other match for Magee in WWF in 1989 is with Tim Horner, with the exception of one match against Jim Powers and one against Ken Shamrock, at least according to http://www.thehistoryofwwe.com/89.htm

Obviously, it is likely not the match from 10/7/86, but goddamn, it's cool anyway, eh?

Bix has a theory that the date on the tape may not be the date of the match, but is instead the date the WWF dubbed the tape for Bret, since the tape comes from his collection. So it might actually be the match.

Edited by mattdangerously

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For people in Philly and the area:

The pre-sale code for Extreme Rules in July is EXTREMERULES

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Random-ish question: Did Sting and Dusty ever have a match against each other?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No.  I think the closest you'd get is Dusty maybe managing the Outsiders in a match against Sting when Dusty joined the nWo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

No.  I think the closest you'd get is Dusty maybe managing the Outsiders in a match against Sting when Dusty joined the nWo.

That match is actually what got me thinking about whether those two ever faced off one on one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a good question. There were a few limited windows. One is 86/87 UWF as Sting turns in June of 87 and Dusty is in now and again. I don't think it happened though. There's a tag with Dusty and Gilbert on opposite sides in 86 but no Sting. In 87, right after Sting's turn (a month or so), you get Dusty Rhodes, Chris Adams & Sting def Eddie Gilbert, Rick Steiner & The Angel of Death in a Bunkhouse Match which did make UWF TV, so that feels noteworthy but doesn't fit the bill. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Random: Has anybody done a joke tag team gimmick on the indies using the name Already In The Ring? Seems like that would have happened at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Matt D said:

It's a good question. There were a few limited windows. One is 86/87 UWF as Sting turns in June of 87 and Dusty is in now and again. I don't think it happened though. There's a tag with Dusty and Gilbert on opposite sides in 86 but no Sting. In 87, right after Sting's turn (a month or so), you get Dusty Rhodes, Chris Adams & Sting def Eddie Gilbert, Rick Steiner & The Angel of Death in a Bunkhouse Match which did make UWF TV, so that feels noteworthy but doesn't fit the bill. 

It is also is amusing how the two even avoided each other in TNA - since clearly at some point Russo would have had them turn on each other

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...