DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2019 WRESTLING TALK.

Guest The Magnificent 7
On 3/18/2019 at 4:49 PM, Tromatagon said:

Well, we know he's not going back to Japan, or part of that would be pixelated.

Also I signed up for Big Japan Core.  For nothing, since that match with the buzzsaws isn't up yet.  Fuck.

Here is a legendary, classic death match to tide you over...

Dammit pal, just look at this short fuck! He's short! And his hair's too long. It's as long as that one goofball in Hunter's organization that always smells like a skunk.

5 hours ago, joseph2112 said:

Nope, nothing you could have done with this story. Nothing at all.

I will never understand why you never had "Coach" Angle with American Alpha(or at the very least Gable, what with Jordan's neck issues and all). Could have been a nice six man tag for Kurt's inevitable return match, instead of random Kurt and The Shield against 452 guys.

• Like 7

17 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

It's better for the talent.  WWE is paying boatloads of money to people that don't have to even take a freaking bump most weeks.  Sign me up.  I'd love to just sit in catering. 

This is why Matt Cassel is always the right answer for “which pro footballer would you want to be?”

Id happily pocket millions to learn a new playbook every year & sit on the bench.

When did Vince decide that ignoring medical advice makes you a huge babyface? The whole Becky Lynch thing of her not getting the big match because she's refusing to go to the doctor to get her knee looked at, and then Roman gets Claymore'd into the ringpost on RAW, the trainer comes out, and he spends ages refusing to have the doc look at him. Is it just thinking that it's a toughness thing, or what? Because Cactusbix David or somebody could probably spin this into a 'Vince supports the Anti-Vax movement' conspiracy theory if he could be bothered.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AxB said:

When did Vince decide that ignoring medical advice makes you a huge babyface? The whole Becky Lynch thing of her not getting the big match because she's refusing to go to the doctor to get her knee looked at, and then Roman gets Claymore'd into the ringpost on RAW, the trainer comes out, and he spends ages refusing to have the doc look at him. Is it just thinking that it's a toughness thing, or what?

Yes.

And it's been around at least since Austin, probably way before including before Vince. 

I'm a little surprised you think it's new. 

• Like 1

I don't think it's new, necessarily. It just it happened twice on the same show in such rapid succession. Felt a bit jarring.

Saw one recently where the NHL made a "walk with Elias" reference about a highlight of a player w the same name

And on a local level the Baltimore Orioles has a manager with the last name Elias.  And the WWE and Orioles Twitter accounts both acknowledged it.  I'm hoping for some collaboration merch at Oriole Park but if not then I can see a few signs with the phrase.  If Elias wasn't heel I could see him going there for a pre-game thing.

I don’t remember if it was this thread or not, but the other day, someone was asking about wrestlers paying taxes. Cornette talked about that this week on his mailbag show. Short answer is yes, guys pay in each state they work. 

I don’t remember if it was this thread or not, but the other day, someone was asking about wrestlers paying taxes. Cornette talked about that this week on his mailbag show. Short answer is yes, guys pay in each state they work. 

Now we know the real reason everyone wishes they could stay at NXT

• Haha 1

Guest Edwin

For the billion reasons why Twitter is a steaming pile of shit you get things like this that prove it can be pretty awesome sometimes.

Twitter isn't bad. Users who seem to take it overly serious are the ones that make it seem that way, but it's really not.

Edited by Edwin