DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2019 WRESTLING TALK.

1 minute ago, odessasteps said:

Didn't Phil also try and get a copy while he was there? 

At that moment in time - I figure you can interchange Colt and Punk interchangeably

AFTER ROUSEY KEEPS THE TITLE, BECKY TO AEW CONFIRMED!!!!

But seriously to tie in to earlier in the thread a little bit. Cody does seem to be doing his best to not poke the WWE bear as much as possible

Someone asked him if they would run Mania week next year and he said AEW would never run Mania as "that is the domain of the WWE"

That being said - never is a really long time in wrestling

Guest Edwin
31 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

AFTER ROUSEY KEEPS THE TITLE, BECKY TO AEW CONFIRMED!!!!

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=9914359

Sorry, just had to...

And this happened:

3 hours ago, Custos said:

@Peck it looks like you’ve been frozen in time with the same expression and all these wrestlers are coming up, wondering what you’re looking at, then Big E is like ‘fuck it let’s go with it’ in his quirky way and just pretends to be a statue too.

Jokes aside, very jealous of all your pics with wrestlers that you share on here, lucky man.

I have always considered myself terribly un-photogenic so this makes me laugh. I watched Big E and Kofi take about 30-40 selfies each with fans and they looked purposefully goofy in every single one. That's a gift.

21 hours ago, Rick said:

Been to one Mania (33) and honestly it's more hassle than its worth. The stadium was seemingly right in the middle of a ghetto and the wait for cabs after the show was beyond chaotic. Further enhanced by everyone being stunned that Taker had seemingly just retired it was a very dejecting atmosphere. I'm a socially insular person most of the time and being in large crowds triggers my anxiety no end, couple this with being in what I can only describe as a map from GTA San Andreas at midnight with the crowd dispersing at a rabid rate I'm surprised I didn't have an anxiety attack. I ended up flagging down a cab and paying way above what I would consider a normal tariff fee to get back to the hotel but I didn't get shot or robbed so every cloud. Enjoyed the accompanying indie shows I went to a lot more. Casually walking to a bar at the wrestlecon supershow and being greeted by a topless Ricochet doing that weird superman pose and ZSJ in his speedos flogging t-shirts in the lobby was kinda surreal. It seemed like anywhere you turned someone of name value was hanging out. Also shared a Newport with Matt Riddle outside the venue at Progress and he was the most attentive and welcoming guy in the world, magnificent hair too.

AEW and WWE combing through the indies signing just about everyone may seem detrimental to the Mania crop of independent shows in the short term but it also gives new guys the opportunity to work in front of an international audience. With that exposure plus the spike in Fite.tv shows I don't envision the indie market collapsing any time soon, if anything it's only going to get bigger given the demand every year. Mania is certainly one to tick off the bucket list especially if you're a lifetime fan like most of us are, but it's definitely a one-and-done thing for me.

Only a Vegas Mania show could possibly tempt me out of retirement but until then I'm content watching the shows on my big capitalist television at home.

My one Mania experience too. Yeah, that was a rough part of town, and in hindsight, those rickshaws would have been worth every cent.

Absolutely exhausting day. Had a million beers before the show, and was practically sober by the time we'd walked from central Orlando to our seats. We ended up with a $150 Uber back to our hotel (we walked about 5 miles beforehand) that we ended up getting a full refund from inexplicably. We thought it was probably an 80 fare, queried the route and got it all back.

Was super glad the night after Raw was one of the best nights I've ever had let alone at a wrestling show.  Could barely move. I've played five sets of tennis and felt better the next day than that whole experience. 

• Like 1

Guest Edwin
21 hours ago, Rick said:

Been to one Mania (33) and honestly it's more hassle than its worth. The stadium was seemingly right in the middle of a ghetto and the wait for cabs after the show was beyond chaotic. Further enhanced by everyone being stunned that Taker had seemingly just retired it was a very dejecting atmosphere. I'm a socially insular person most of the time and being in large crowds triggers my anxiety no end, couple this with being in what I can only describe as a map from GTA San Andreas at midnight with the crowd dispersing at a rabid rate I'm surprised I didn't have an anxiety attack. I ended up flagging down a cab and paying way above what I would consider a normal tariff fee to get back to the hotel but I didn't get shot or robbed so every cloud. Enjoyed the accompanying indie shows I went to a lot more. Casually walking to a bar at the wrestlecon supershow and being greeted by a topless Ricochet doing that weird superman pose and ZSJ in his speedos flogging t-shirts in the lobby was kinda surreal. It seemed like anywhere you turned someone of name value was hanging out. Also shared a Newport with Matt Riddle outside the venue at Progress and he was the most attentive and welcoming guy in the world, magnificent hair too.

AEW and WWE combing through the indies signing just about everyone may seem detrimental to the Mania crop of independent shows in the short term but it also gives new guys the opportunity to work in front of an international audience. With that exposure plus the spike in Fite.tv shows I don't envision the indie market collapsing any time soon, if anything it's only going to get bigger given the demand every year. Mania is certainly one to tick off the bucket list especially if you're a lifetime fan like most of us are, but it's definitely a one-and-done thing for me.

Only a Vegas Mania show could possibly tempt me out of retirement but until then I'm content watching the shows on my big capitalist television at home.

6 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

My one Mania experience too. Yeah, that was a rough part of town, and in hindsight, those rickshaws would have been worth every cent.

Absolutely exhausting day. Had a million beers before the show, and was practically sober by the time we'd walked from central Orlando to our seats. We ended up with a $150 Uber back to our hotel (we walked about 5 miles beforehand) that we ended up getting a full refund from inexplicably. We thought it was probably an 80 fare, queried the route and got it all back.

Was super glad the night after Raw was one of the best nights I've ever had let alone at a wrestling show.  Could barely move. I've played five sets of tennis and felt better the next day than that whole experience. 

Same here.

I went to EVOLVE, CHIKARA, Pancakes and Piledrivers, ROH and WM during WM 33 weekend and I don't plan on ever attending another ROH or WM in my life. ROH was average and got overhyped and overrated and WM is just too long and I was already burnt out by then.

Next year I'm heading to Tampa for WM weekend, but I don't plan on attending WM. I do plan on attending as many indy shows in the area as possible and TakeOver, however.

I'm from Central Florida and attended multiple Orlando City games at the Camping World Stadium before the opened the new stadium, but it's usually safe walking back from the stadiums if you walk with the multitude leaving. It's not a great idea to walk back if the multitude is already gone though.

1 hour ago, Edwin said:

And this happened:

That insufferable, smarmy piece of shit used to be the world's cutest kid? How in the fuck can I be expected to boo him now? I can't un-see his silly song and cute speech impediment.

Edited by grilledcheese
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Someone asked him if they would run Mania week next year and he said AEW would never run Mania as "that is the domain of the WWE"

The thing is, if they ran that weekend they really have no shot of hurting WWE in any way, they basically would be going against other Indies, ROH etc. This is why Vince acting like some carny loon WM week is embarrassing. There's no way he loses a cent when all these little companies run their shows. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joseph2112 said:

The thing is, if they ran that weekend they really have no shot of hurting WWE in any way, they basically would be going against other Indies, ROH etc. This is why Vince acting like some carny loon WM week is embarrassing. There's no way he loses a cent when all these little companies run their shows. 

Acting like a carny loon? That's not an act.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, grilledcheese said:

That insufferable, smarmy piece of shit used to be the world's cutest kid? How in the fuck can I be expected to boo him now? I can't un-see his silly song and cute speech impediment.

No, Rosie was never the world's cutest kid.

As for MJF, he really is better than us...and we know it.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie