DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2019 WRESTLING TALK.

2 hours ago, nofuture said:

Is she AEW bound?!?

Oh my...Just in time for my worst case WM scenario to happen where Vince restarts the match when it looks like Becky is going to win, followed by Shane interfering, followed by Steph interfering, followed by Linda making her return and interfering leading to Becky winning.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Even when Seth has been in midcard and tag roles, he's never not been a focal point of a show he's been on. Roman's gotten more play. But the gulf isn't as massive as most people pretend it is.

I'd even throw Dean in there with them. No member of the Shield has had reason to want for anything during their tenure on the main roster. 

Right - even go back to the six-man tags - Rollins was given a LOT of spotlight and even scored a good number of pins. Honestly, I think a huge part of the Roman backlash was also Punk's childish "make Roman look strong" shit. Roman's booking has actually been pretty shitty and they may have been better off booking him LIKE a superman as opposed to fighting a losing battle to get him sympathy by having him have his ass kicked by Lesnar and Strowman a dozen times. 

• Like 1

I thought it really worked as a "WrestleMania Moment" as opposed to how take that usually is. Huge shock, perfectly played.

But then Rollins as champion started and I think it might be the most I've ever hated WWE.

• Like 2

Rollins has been champ-champ on two occasions: SummerSlam 2015 as World Heavyweight and US champs, and the October 22, 2018 episode of Raw as Raw Tag and IC champs. Folks would skin Roman alive if that ever happened for him. Rollins has been treated better than Reigns, always put in good spots and never undermined. 

Punk's dismissiveness toward Reigns was all because Punk wanted three indie guys in The Shield. But Kassius Ohno/Chris Hero was never a good fit for that faction. Couldn't tell Punk that, though. He always knew better (sarcasm).

As for Seth's cash-in: the moment wasn't worth the years of wandering in the wilderness. Either actually crown Roman and see what happens or pull the plug. Hedging bets with Rollins as a co-top guy, despite being no more prepared than Reigns, was exhausting.

• Like 2

I didn't necessarily hate Rollins as champion; I like him more than most 'round these parts. I hated his booking as the Authority's puppet and chicken shit that needed J&J at ringside. His style works better as a face. I think breaking up the Shield was a mistake. They could have had them persuing singles goals, but still come together to have each other's back. If they had to be split, Roman was the one that should have turned heel.

• Like 5

I also like Seth more than most and thing he's perfectly fine as a 1b to Roman's 1a in the company. I just don't think he should be a heel for a long, long time. If he is going to be a heel then he needs to stay as far away from Steph and HHH as possible. If you want a good reason for why his run as champion was so bad at times, it was HHH and Steph emasculating him on a weekly basis and making him look incredibly weak as a champion.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I didn't necessarily hate Rollins as champion; I like him more than most 'round these parts. I hated his booking as the Authority's puppet and chicken shit that needed J&J at ringside. His style works better as a face. I think breaking up the Shield was a mistake. They could have had them persuing singles goals, but still come together to have each other's back. If they had to be split, Roman was the one that should have turned heel.

Roman as the new Corporate Champion made the most sense but I was hoping for Ambrose to be the one to turn. That was back when I thought he could pull off a Raven-esque heel character, basically what he went for this past fall but, you know, good.

• Like 2

I will say again that IMO the right play was to send Harper down to Full Sail as the visiting ace (the Cesaro role), win the title and defend in a few classics until they had something for him, then drop it to Riddle, leaving after a few months as a reinvented and reinvigorated guy with a new wave of traveling/internet fan base hype.

Edited by For Great Justice
  • Like 5

So I just watched the Kenny Omega documentary and  I can't help but wonder if his story with Kota is one of the best wrestling stories of all time. It seems like there's some truth to it but it's amazing how they've been having this go for so long. Even with the split for AEW it fits. So long as the video is still up I can't recommend it enough. I already tagged some non-wrestling friends as I feel like they would absolutely love it.

And yes I know there's talk of literally anything else but this right now. But while I'm very curious about that MacGee match I just had to get this off my chest. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

like Mustafa Ali a couple weeks ago, hell of a babyface promo.  Why don't they let guys say stuff like this on TV?  I'm totally sold on wanting to see Luke Harper win matches now.  This is great.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, For Great Justice said:

I will say again that IMO the right play was to send Harper down to Full Sail as the visiting ace (the Cesaro role), win the title and defend in a few classics until they had something for him, then drop it to Riddle, leaving after a few months as a reinvented and reinvigorated guy with a new wave of traveling/internet fan base hype.

Still possible. The International Shakeup or whatever the next draft thing is called is going to be shuffling folks to NXT, too.

15 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Wait, I might be late to this. You mean THE 86?

Yes.

You'll never guess who I just saw on Wrestling TV this evening (nb: Don't click if you're going to watch this week's Impact; This wasn't in the spoilers for the tapings)

Spoiler

Kevin FUCKING Sullivan is the King of the Undead Realm~!

2019, and he's on TV. Would not have guessed it.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

Shit yeah, phenomenal idea. Nice and simple, and a great use of a guy coming back.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

I didn't realize how much I wanted this until right now, and I'm sad we didn't get it

• Like 1