DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2019 WRESTLING TALK.

9 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I didn't necessarily hate Rollins as champion; I like him more than most 'round these parts. I hated his booking as the Authority's puppet and chicken shit that needed J&J at ringside. His style works better as a face. I think breaking up the Shield was a mistake. They could have had them persuing singles goals, but still come together to have each other's back. If they had to be split, Roman was the one that should have turned heel.

Roman as the new Corporate Champion made the most sense but I was hoping for Ambrose to be the one to turn. That was back when I thought he could pull off a Raven-esque heel character, basically what he went for this past fall but, you know, good.

• Like 2

I will say again that IMO the right play was to send Harper down to Full Sail as the visiting ace (the Cesaro role), win the title and defend in a few classics until they had something for him, then drop it to Riddle, leaving after a few months as a reinvented and reinvigorated guy with a new wave of traveling/internet fan base hype.

Edited by For Great Justice
  • Like 5

So I just watched the Kenny Omega documentary and  I can't help but wonder if his story with Kota is one of the best wrestling stories of all time. It seems like there's some truth to it but it's amazing how they've been having this go for so long. Even with the split for AEW it fits. So long as the video is still up I can't recommend it enough. I already tagged some non-wrestling friends as I feel like they would absolutely love it.

And yes I know there's talk of literally anything else but this right now. But while I'm very curious about that MacGee match I just had to get this off my chest. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

like Mustafa Ali a couple weeks ago, hell of a babyface promo.  Why don't they let guys say stuff like this on TV?  I'm totally sold on wanting to see Luke Harper win matches now.  This is great.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, For Great Justice said:

I will say again that IMO the right play was to send Harper down to Full Sail as the visiting ace (the Cesaro role), win the title and defend in a few classics until they had something for him, then drop it to Riddle, leaving after a few months as a reinvented and reinvigorated guy with a new wave of traveling/internet fan base hype.

Still possible. The International Shakeup or whatever the next draft thing is called is going to be shuffling folks to NXT, too.

15 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Wait, I might be late to this. You mean THE 86?

Yes.

You'll never guess who I just saw on Wrestling TV this evening (nb: Don't click if you're going to watch this week's Impact; This wasn't in the spoilers for the tapings)

Spoiler

Kevin FUCKING Sullivan is the King of the Undead Realm~!

2019, and he's on TV. Would not have guessed it.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

Shit yeah, phenomenal idea. Nice and simple, and a great use of a guy coming back.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

I didn't realize how much I wanted this until right now, and I'm sad we didn't get it

• Like 1

On 3/29/2019 at 1:22 AM, RIPPA said:

Thanks to some WWE court filings some more dates have become known

• Blood Money 4 will 11/1
  • The WWE will doing RAW and SDL from MSG on 9/9 and 9/10
  • The first FOX show will be 10/4 from the Staples Center

Oh and knock the other shit off

That plus UK dates as well.

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/wwe-touring-scheduling-2019/?fbclid=IwAR2g-INvmdC4_B7iSjEO-AT6SQUdEY_j50NlhpA1wEoysRdJdelFxZT5O0s#.XJ9iqtSLRkh

Hope the Superstar Shake Up doesn't mess up Smackdown Live because if the pattern's to go by, it's Smackdown this time round where I am.

Edited by The Natural

Man, I loved the Omega Man documentary (yeah it either glossed over or skipped entirely huge points in the storyline and basically was a streamlined version of the Showbuckle GL video with first-hand accounts and good production values) but holy fuck was it depressing to go from the super happy and optimistic ending of 'together we can change the world and do anything!' to... 

08tttu1xr3g21.jpg

And going off of what that treacherous snake Tanahashi was saying that Kota needed to be his own man, maybe this is Kota's necessary route to reach the pinnacle like what Kenny had to do in 2014/15 and perhaps only then can Ibushi and Omega reunite as true equals on the mountaintops of their respective promotions as Golden Lovers without envy (Dave cut off, shocking I know, Garrett on a recent WOR when he was talking about the documentary and the ending with the two separated and how AEW and NJPW don't have a working agreement to say that it could possibly change by the end of the year so reading between the lines it seems like the AEW guys are feeding Dave information that sounds like it could be hopeful in outlook towards a partnership *end of run on parenthetical sentence*.). Ideally we would get that big final Ibushi/Omega match that the G1 semi-final (well deciding match) seemed to set up with both guys clearly not wanting to go all out. They kept a lot of bullets in the chamber and it seemed very reserved for a match that ended with an avalanche tiger driver. IWGP champ Ibushi vs. AEW champ Omega, 60 minute draw. Finish. *dreams*

Still, the Golden Lovers storyline is the perfect example of how to keep kayfabe (gayfabe!) in 2019. Luke Harper's Twitter post is another excellent one. Blur the lines between reality and story by using real emotions when they present themselves rather than pretend they don't exist. I am so emotionally invested in what Omega and Ibushi do down the line. 

Edit: For those that live outside of Canada and didn't catch the YT link posted earlier. 

Edited by Oyaji
  • Like 6