DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2019 WRESTLING TALK.

Bray's spent his whole life knowing what it's like having a name that's also a tag team line-up. Can't fault him for wanting his kids to have the same experience. Not that there ever was a Nash Rotundo tag team. Maybe the kids middle name is Hall, or Norton, or NWO Sting.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AxB said:

Bray's spent his whole life knowing what it's like having a name that's also a tag team line-up. Can't fault him for wanting his kids to have the same experience. Not that there ever was a Nash Rotundo tag team. Maybe the kids middle name is Hall, or Norton, or NWO Sting.

To totally tie together the Max Cady/Waylon Mercy influence on early Bray, the kid's name should be Spivey. 

...you know what I mean?

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, AxB said:

i want to name my next pet NWO Sting now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

El Hombre sin Nombre did. He was somebody Jr, but then his (Uncle?) senior changed his mind. Then he wanted to be El Hijo Del, but that was kiboshed as well.

9 minutes ago, AxB said:

El Hombre sin Nombre did. He was somebody Jr, but then his (Uncle?) senior changed his mind. Then he wanted to be El Hijo Del, but that was kiboshed as well.

Yeah.  That was the luchador who now (sometimes?) goes as Rayman.  He was El Hijo del Rayo de Jalasco Jr then Rayo Jr supposedly got jealous and forced him to change his name - ergo Hombre Sin Nombre and then later to Rayman.

His luchawiki page states he is Rayo Jr's son, but I always heard he was Rayo Jr's nephew.   

A quick lookup shows that Rayman in Mexico/Lucha is not as wacky as I initially thought.  But I still can't help but see that name and think the video game.  Which now makes me wish that in the land of legally-questionable gimmicks there was a dude dressed as Rayman and doing matches.

14 hours ago, Ramo2653 said:

I can't imagine that he'd retire from getting hit in the NFL to take wrestling bumps. Hell, he was a stiff this past season. A very effective one in certain situations, but still a stiff.

Full time? Probably not. For a one-off match at Wrestlemania? Probably.

3 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

Brutus was The Man With No Name for a little while in WCW 

And that wasn't even his second worst gimmick in WCW.

1 hour ago, AxB said:

CMLL’s Ephesto who once wrestled as Safari, also played another Hombre Sin Nombre in between those gimmicks.

So a van just pulled onto the forecourt with the name of a business on the side. Nothing unusual there. Except the name of the business was H F Mycock & Sons. So I've decided my new wrestling name is Stan Mycock.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Casey said:

Unless Rousey sticks around this year, another Evolution show won't be happening apparently.

So Ronda's the only draw?

Yeah, she's winning.

No she's not.

Further, to go back to what was said when I first joked that Brock and Ronda would both be leaving WM as champions, it really would be WCW 2000 levels of bad booking if Ronda wins. I don't think WWE is quite there yet.

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 1