DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2019 WRESTLING TALK.

3 hours ago, AxB said:

Has anyone anywhere suggested that the reason the main event of Mania is a three way is to try and ensure Ronda doesn't go into business for herself and make it a shoot? Because in a one on one real fight, y'know...

It was at this very moment when I realized what the one thing in life that would truly make me happy would be...

...Ronda Rousey re-purposing the Steiner math promo for the WM women's match

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2

This is why Bret’s roll up wins ruled. It’s not how you win it was if you win. 

Though the triple threat will no doubt end in some terrible triple submission where Becky and Ronda tap at the same time but Becky wins and then Ronda can go be a mom and Charlotte can argue the double tap in her and Becky’s thrilling post mania feud.

Hopefully they don’t shit the bed like in that Taker/Lesnar rematch(SS?) where I don’t even know or care to this day who won just that I watched some dumb shit. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zartan said:

This is why Bret’s roll up wins ruled. It’s not how you win it was if you win. 

Though the triple threat will no doubt end in some terrible triple submission where Becky and Ronda tap at the same time but Becky wins and then Ronda can go be a mom and Charlotte can argue the double tap in her and Becky’s thrilling post mania feud.

Hopefully they don’t shit the bed like in that Taker/Lesnar rematch(SS?) where I don’t even know or care to this day who won just that I watched some dumb shit. 

Well, none are as broken down as Taker, so it shouldn't shit the bed that badly.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

I think the date has to be wrong. There is a 5/16/1989 Hart vs. Magee match from LaCrosse, WI, but every other match for Magee in WWF in 1989 is with Tim Horner, with the exception of one match against Jim Powers and one against Ken Shamrock, at least according to http://www.thehistoryofwwe.com/89.htm

Obviously, it is likely not the match from 10/7/86, but goddamn, it's cool anyway, eh?

1 hour ago, DreamBroken said:

Seems it would be a 2nd match from 89 rather than the infamous 86 match, but still interesting.

35 minutes ago, grilledcheese said:

I think the date has to be wrong. There is a 5/16/1989 Hart vs. Magee match from LaCrosse, WI, but every other match for Magee in WWF in 1989 is with Tim Horner, with the exception of one match against Jim Powers and one against Ken Shamrock, at least according to http://www.thehistoryofwwe.com/89.htm

Obviously, it is likely not the match from 10/7/86, but goddamn, it's cool anyway, eh?

Bix has a theory that the date on the tape may not be the date of the match, but is instead the date the WWF dubbed the tape for Bret, since the tape comes from his collection. So it might actually be the match.

Edited by mattdangerously

2 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

No.  I think the closest you'd get is Dusty maybe managing the Outsiders in a match against Sting when Dusty joined the nWo.

That match is actually what got me thinking about whether those two ever faced off one on one.

It's a good question. There were a few limited windows. One is 86/87 UWF as Sting turns in June of 87 and Dusty is in now and again. I don't think it happened though. There's a tag with Dusty and Gilbert on opposite sides in 86 but no Sting. In 87, right after Sting's turn (a month or so), you get Dusty Rhodes, Chris Adams & Sting def Eddie Gilbert, Rick Steiner & The Angel of Death in a Bunkhouse Match which did make UWF TV, so that feels noteworthy but doesn't fit the bill. 

8 minutes ago, Matt D said:

It's a good question. There were a few limited windows. One is 86/87 UWF as Sting turns in June of 87 and Dusty is in now and again. I don't think it happened though. There's a tag with Dusty and Gilbert on opposite sides in 86 but no Sting. In 87, right after Sting's turn (a month or so), you get Dusty Rhodes, Chris Adams & Sting def Eddie Gilbert, Rick Steiner & The Angel of Death in a Bunkhouse Match which did make UWF TV, so that feels noteworthy but doesn't fit the bill. 

It is also is amusing how the two even avoided each other in TNA - since clearly at some point Russo would have had them turn on each other