DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2019 WRESTLING TALK.

I am going to Wrestlemania with my friend that I go to the Giants games with as much for off season tailgateing and nostalgia as any other reason. I checked out a little about the show to find out that Baron Corbin has no cape and is not a Baron. Too bad.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

As long as Sting is just selling real estate and not taking other people up on investment deals I'm sure he'd be the way to go. Now that he's no longer wrestling, I'm sure anyone who approached Real Estate Steve with a business opportunity would end up screwing him over.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

As long as Sting is just selling real estate and not taking other people up on investment deals I'm sure he'd be the way to go. Now that he's no longer wrestling, I'm sure anyone who approached Real Estate Steve with a business opportunity would end up screwing him over.

Ric Flair defrauding him to clear his own massive debts practically Writes Itself

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

10 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

Oh okay. So please, tell me, do you have any kind of information to substantiate the claims that Taker is somehow responsible for it, or is that just some thing a dude on a message board said?

I don't. Just pointing out that it's possible, based on the criteria that you laid out.

EDIT: Here's Summer Rae tweeting about the Undertaker visiting the Performance Center the exact week Baron Corbin's NXT push began.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DanielleMoinet/status/378665129099149312

Edited by mattdangerously

The concept of that being a smoking gun is hilarious to me. 

Nobody gets a big push in WWE without Vince being on board, period. I don't remember the megapushes of Mideon or Godfather, so I'm not sure why people are suddenly trying to cast Taker as a big-time political player in their imaginary version of what happens backstage in WWE. There is zero evidence that Undertaker has any kind of influence on RAW's creative. I'm sure there are some HHH theories y'all can roll out that are much more plausible. 

8 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Elias is passable.  I think they should have continued his push.  They have plenty of acts they are pushing that can't wrestle (Alexa,  IIconics). 

Ignoring the obvious trolling - I am not sure I would say the IIconics are being "pushed"

They are in the Mania tag match simply due to them being the only heel SDL Team (since they are doing some sort of breakup angle with Fire and Desire)

Their win over Bayley/Sasha on SDL was the first time they had a match on TV since Elimination Chamber

They had two matches on SDL to build to the EC. Those were their first two matches on TV this year. Their only other appearance was in the Rumble match.

So... I guess because they are a SDL tag team they are "pushed"

I think if Elias was protected a bit more in the ring with certain match ups(Like the match with Rollins) you could’ve kept him as a major star for a couple of years, and hope he improved. Like that brief bit where Ziggler held the belt. That should have been Elias in that spot.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

12 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

I remember hearing a funny story from Sting's TNA days. They had a celebrity on the show whose name escapes me now and said celebrity ran into Sting backstage. He didn't know that Sting was a wrestler at all as he just knew Sting as "Real Estate Steve".

36 minutes ago, cwoy2j said:

I remember hearing a funny story from Sting's TNA days. They had a celebrity on the show whose name escapes me now and said celebrity ran into Sting backstage. He didn't know that Sting was a wrestler at all as he just knew Sting as "Real Estate Steve".

FYI that celebrity was Frank Trigg, and that story is the exact reason the other posters mentioned him in that way.

I think that would be former UFC Welterweight title challenger and current MMA referee Frank Trigg. He saw real estate Steve (who he knew from the gym) talking to Curt Angle and assumed Angle was looking to buy a house in California.

4 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

The concept of that being a smoking gun is hilarious to me. 

Nobody gets a big push in WWE without Vince being on board, period. I don't remember the megapushes of Mideon or Godfather, so I'm not sure why people are suddenly trying to cast Taker as a big-time political player in their imaginary version of what happens backstage in WWE. There is zero evidence that Undertaker has any kind of influence on RAW's creative. I'm sure there are some HHH theories y'all can roll out that are much more plausible. 

Undertaker likes motorcycles. Corbin likes motorcycles. Case closed.

3 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Wasn't Corbin living in a home Undertaker owned at one point? I think it was a custom job built to accommodate men of a certain size.

Tall boys unite! 

Big Show also owned the home for a time IIRC. 

Discussed 2 pages ago

• Haha 1