DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2019 WRESTLING TALK.

Y'all are too much with this conspiracy stuff sometimes. Why, in 2019, would Undertaker have any influence over who gets Raw screen time after he just started taking outside bookings for the first time in 30 years?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

Y'all are too much with this conspiracy stuff sometimes. Why, in 2019, would Undertaker have any influence over who gets Raw screen time after he just started taking outside bookings for the first time in 30 years?

Taker is making sure Corbin stays in a prominent position for when he returns to squash him in a 5 minute casket match at the next Saudi Blood Money show.

The truth is out there.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Guest Edwin

So Punk is still training at Duke Roufus and there's rumors he may return at a UFC 238 in Chicago...

Don't even know who they have contracted he can fight. I guess they'll have to dig some untrained dude out of nowhere like that one dude Batista fought in his MMA fight.

14 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

Rob Gronkowski just announced his retirement from the NFL.

HOLD ON MOJO...GRONK'S A COMING!!!

Can we get a Mojo video like this?

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Edwin said:

So Punk is still training at Duke Roufus and there's rumors he may return at a UFC 238 in Chicago...

Don't even know who they have contracted he can fight. I guess they'll have to dig some untrained dude out of nowhere like that one dude Batista fought in his MMA fight.

I admire Punk for trying but must say this: Unless he gets matched up with a guy in his first fight of any kind (amateur or pro) if he allows Punk to ever set foot in a UFC octagon ever again Dana White belongs in jail.

I admire Punk for living life on his terms. He made his "fuck you" money and met his wife in WWE, walked out, and gets to do whatever he wants with his life. He wanted to try UFC, and gets to add to that "fuck you" money regardless of getting his ass kicked. Hell, give me that kind of money and I'd step in the octagon and get the shit kicked out of me. He's done MMA announcing and he's gotten to write comic books. If he decides one day he wants to return to WWE, he's going to get to basically write his ticket, get a lot more money, and probably the Wrestlemania main event he never got.

The best part is he did it basically sticking to the punk ethos. Some may call it selling out, but he made it to WWE, made a fuckton of money, and made long-term changes to WWE. He got to keep his ring-name and his straight-edge beliefs were always incorporated into his character instead of being completely repackaged. He and Bryan Danielson opened the door for indy wrestlers in WWE. Yes, Paul London and Brian Kendrick went there first, but they were confined to the tag ranks and cruiserweight division. Punk and Bryan proved indy guys can go to WWE and have sustained success at or near the top of the card. Would nxt exist if Punk and Bryan never went to WWE? Maybe it would still be a reality show-game show competition. It wouldn't be the nxt we know and love today.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

I agree with all of that but I'd like to add that he does not belong in an octagon.  He had his opportunity,  he trained for years and he had a second crack at it and it went worse for him than the first time. He's not entitled to another shot at it and if any promotion out there give him another chance they are desperate and putting this man's life at risk. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

Corbin's push started before 2019.

Just now, RolandTHTG said:

Dude lives in a coffin bedsitter for better part of 30 years. Last person I want real estate advice from. Sting would have been like, right there, too.

Show definitely should have gone with Real Estate Steve.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mattdangerously said:

Corbin's push started before 2019.

Oh okay. So please, tell me, do you have any kind of information to substantiate the claims that Taker is somehow responsible for it, or is that just some thing a dude on a message board said?

57 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Show definitely should have gone with Real Estate Steve.

He'll sell this,

He'll close that,

and he'll clear escrow as quick as a cat

fixer-up to code and get out of his way,

he'll put up the sale sign and you'll get your pay

from REAL ESTATE STEVE

REAL ESTATE STEVE

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11