DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2019 WRESTLING TALK.

Speaking of Becky Lynch... 

"WWE’s original and longterm plan for the match was for Lynch to win the Raw Women’s Championship and then for her, Rousey and Flair to emotionally embrace in the middle of the ring. Stephanie McMahon would then come out with the entire women’s division and they would give all three competitors a round of applause to end WrestleMania 35 on a heartwarming note."

But this is according to PWMania, so... grain of salt.

• Haha 3

How am I not shocked at this? From this weeks Observer

Conrad Thompson and Arn Anderson have filed for a trademark for the term Four Horsemen, which WWE never trademarked. This would sound like there’s an idea for Anderson to come in and manage a Four Horsemen unit. A Four Horseman vs. Elite program sounds like a natural and it’s just a question as to who they would put in the Horsemen unit

The WWE not trademarking The Four Horsemen makes sense, since they were never going to use it. But you'd think the NWA or WCW would have trademarked it at some point, since they used it all the time. But then again, there was that band that used the name:

Does make you wonder why, when TNA had Flair, he formed a group called Fourtune, if there was nothing actually stopping him from calling them Horsemen.

Also, the guitar player from the Four Horsemen looks just like Matt Jackson.

Edited by AxB

If Sami Callihan came in, and toned things down a bit, then I can see him as an Ole type. Arn I guess will be JJ. My main complaint with that is Arn isn’t dapper enough for that role. Dustin Rhodes with his ability to be a chameleon in different roles would be great as a JJ. You can add an extra layer with him turning on his brother to join his dads old enemy stable.

Cody is also saying that he is doing the trademarks just to "protect his Father's intellectual property" and that it.

EVE Pro Wrestling already tweeted him asking if they could keep using "Battlebowl" and he said go right ahead.

Now - it clearly was done somewhat tongue in cheek but it does appear that (if granted) he won't be enforcing them unless the WWE tries it (or someone does some egregious)

Kinda like how MLW trademarked WarGames just so they could still use the name

• Like 1

In the newest WON is it also noted that Undertaker will be working Blood Money 3

Whatever issues there were with Undertaker doing Starrcast may not have been settled, but they aren’t strong enough to keep Undertaker off the Saudi Arabia show on 5/3 as that appearance was just confirmed this past week. That also means Undertaker is not retired. Between the change from network to PPV and the ridiculous money involved, even though Mania is promoted as the biggest show of the year, the two Saudi shows are, by a wide margin, the two biggest money events of the year for the company

• Haha 1

Speaking of Becky Lynch... 

"WWE’s original and longterm plan for the match was for Lynch to win the Raw Women’s Championship and then for her, Rousey and Flair to emotionally embrace in the middle of the ring. Stephanie McMahon would then come out with the entire women’s division and they would give all three competitors a round of applause to end WrestleMania 35 on a heartwarming note."

But this is according to PWMania, so... grain of salt.

After all the shit they had the three go through all this time if that's the case then if there was ever a time for a million billion facepalm gifs/emojis/whatever that would be it.  I wouldn't actually post that but you get the idea.

• Like 1

Cody is also saying that he is doing the trademarks just to "protect his Father's intellectual property" and that it.

EVE Pro Wrestling already tweeted him asking if they could keep using "Battlebowl" and he said go right ahead.

Now - it clearly was done somewhat tongue in cheek but it does appear that (if granted) he won't be enforcing them unless the WWE tries it (or someone does some egregious)

Kinda like how MLW trademarked WarGames just so they could still use the name

If he doesn't enforce the copyrights against all parties, there's no way he'd be able to sue WWE for using them.

• Like 1

Conrad Thompson and Arn Anderson have filed for a trademark for the term Four Horsemen, which WWE never trademarked. This would sound like there’s an idea for Anderson to come in and manage a Four Horsemen unit. A Four Horseman vs. Elite program sounds like a natural and it’s just a question as to who they would put in the Horsemen unit

Lol.   How many 4 Horseman rehashes/copies have their been, and how many have been shit?

If he doesn't enforce the copyrights against all parties, there's no way he'd be able to sue WWE for using them.

That's a very valid point and while letting EVE use Battlebowl is a nice gesture that could come back to bit them if what you said happens.  I do wonder if they should at least consider having EVE put some fine print in their ads that say that it's trademarked by AEW.  It happens for most other things so I would think that would help to cover AEW's butts.

• Like 1

Right, just license it to them for a dollar

Related image

I'm not really hyped for a 4 horsemen unit in AEW for the reasons @Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 mentioned. Now, Bash at the Beach and Battlebowl I'm there for. I mean, if you could get The Revival and two bigger single stars that would fit in both in terms of character and in-ring quality, fine. Even then it would come off as them being fanboys/nerds rather than them doing their own thing. Just re-release the damn sweatshirt if Cody gets the copyright tho, plz.

Edited by Oyaji
  • Haha 1

I'm not really hyped for a 4 horsemen unit in AEW for the reasons @Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 mentioned. Now, Bash at the Beach and Battlebowl I'm there for. I mean, if you could get The Revival and two bigger single stars that would fit in both in terms of character and in-ring quality, fine. Even then it would come off as them being fanboys/nerds rather than them doing their own thing. 

That's the problem I have with it. Although I do love the idea of Paul Roma being a member.

I’m pretty sure Nigel and Christopher Daniels were also members. So there was like seven of them.

I definitely remember Doug Williams being in the mix at one point.

Wikipedia is also giving me Rob Terry and Matt Morgan. #WheresTheBeef

A skim of that article says Nigel demanded entry to the group but was denied by Flair due to a losing streak. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy