DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2019 WRESTLING TALK.

Best part of all of this is the super polite ovation given for the bunt. Small ball forever!!!

I'm too lazy to look it up, but there has to be some college in California or Florida that has a decent sized stadium with a view of the beach that you could split the difference with.  

Eddy D. Field Stadium, home of the Pepperdine Waves has a motherfucker of a view of the ocean, but it's not exactly beachside.

Or if Sandman got proper legless in a Ladder match or something.

That would be the Stairway to Hell match with Sabu where he dropped acid before the match and thought he was wrestling Godzilla.

Let that settle in for a minute.

(It was actually pretty decent...)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

WWE has announced that it is selling Titan Towers

They will be staying in Stamford.

The move is supposed to happen in 2021

It basically reads like instead of being spread over like 4 buildings, they would like to consolidate everything into one

Guest Edwin

I'll be honest: as someone who preferred (good) WCW to everything else for a long time, the connection Cody has to it through being Dusty's son makes me very hopeful. With only having run a single show (kinda), things like this make AEW feel so much more legitimate than TNA or XWF.

I to preferred WCW, but I don't get this vibe quite yet, but of course it's still early in this entire ordeal.

One of the things that irks me about the AEW faithful is how they take jabs at WWE's lame nostalgia acts pop, yet they pop for the Young Bucks and quickly defend Cody for trying to secure names for old WCW PPV's which is practically the same.

I to preferred WCW, but I don't get this vibe quite yet, but of course it's still early in this entire ordeal.

One of the things that irks me about the AEW faithful is how they take jabs at WWE's lame nostalgia acts pop, yet they pop for the Young Bucks and quickly defend Cody for trying to secure names for old WCW PPV's which is practically the same.

Hypocrisy in wrestling fans? Surely you can't be serious!

• Like 1

Devil's advocate, resenting a company that obliges you to feel nostalgia for things you didn't enjoy at the time doesn't preclude a person from feeling nostalgic for things they look back on fondly.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Sting's televised world championship wins:

So, a few things about this video.

One, man I love the sound the WCW ring makes. Sounds like the NJPW rings and I prefer the thud sound of the WCW ring over the WWE rings anyday.

Two, Harley Race hits a beautiful diving headbutt on Vader.

Three, Eric Bischoff is a lying piece of shit. Sting was tan and in incredible shape at Starrcade 97. He looked even more ripped at Superbrawl.

You know, for how good of shape Sting was always in, upper body wise anyway, why did he go with the singlet during the Crow Sting era? He looked bigger than he ever was before wearing the singlet so it always struck me as odd for why he would switch to a singlet and long tights instead of just the long tights.

Oh yeah, was that victory over Hogan at the end his "heel" turn? That's the hilarity of late WCW terrible booking. Lets turn our biggest babyface ever and our franchise into a heel. And the crowd still goes nuts when he's about to win.

• Like 3

The Jimmy Uso police body cam footage has been released.  Doesn't seem as big of deal than it was made out to be.

I cannot be the only one who was expecting/hoping for Jimmy just trying to get the cops with the when I say U y’all say SO and the cops not getting it being the whole deal. Undeniably in the “missing footage”. 

• Like 1

So, a few things about this video.

One, man I love the sound the WCW ring makes. Sounds like the NJPW rings and I prefer the thud sound of the WCW ring over the WWE rings anyday.

Two, Harley Race hits a beautiful diving headbutt on Vader.

Three, Eric Bischoff is a lying piece of shit. Sting was tan and in incredible shape at Starrcade 97. He looked even more ripped at Superbrawl.

You know, for how good of shape Sting was always in, upper body wise anyway, why did he go with the singlet during the Crow Sting era? He looked bigger than he ever was before wearing the singlet so it always struck me as odd for why he would switch to a singlet and long tights instead of just the long tights.

Oh yeah, was that victory over Hogan at the end his "heel" turn? That's the hilarity of late WCW terrible booking. Lets turn our biggest babyface ever and our franchise into a heel. And the crowd still goes nuts when he's about to win.

Good question about Sting's ring gear. I'm guessing Sting fancied different ring attire to go with the new look of Crow Sting facepaint and long brown hair. That's why Sting wore a body suit with the large scorpion on the front and then the singlet he sported ever since with a few exceptions.

You're right that Eric Bischoff and Fuck Hulk Hogan are full of shit about how Sting looked at Starrcade 1997. Fuck them for botching the payoff at said event.

Edited by The Natural