DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2019 WRESTLING TALK.

On 3/17/2019 at 7:40 PM, Tromatagon said:

Why not

Wrestling needs more buzzsaws and less Twitter

That top image made me say "fuck yeah" faster than anything new I've seen in 2019.

Someone please point me to where I can watch that match.

Sitting here wearing my "Die for W*ING" shirt, I can't help but agree.

I just moved in with two guys who I really only know from work and during the move found my set of FMW's "Story of the F" tapes. One of my roomies came home and walked into my living room to hang and could not fathom why this stuff existed but he also couldn't stop watching. 

Also, I'm interested to hear your thoughts on BJW Core. I keep debating it but hear mixed reviews a lot. 

Edited by RazorbladeKiss87
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

And per his contract, that's the number of times you'll see him on RAW each of those years.

Brock's gonna be pissed when he finds out he's working more dates than Sin Cara.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

WWE is a fucking shit show.

But please, tell me more about how Mark Henry thinks people don't want to do jobs as if that's the real problem here. EC3 ain't even a great wrestler, but it's absurd for how much he's being wasted.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Craig H said:

WWE is a fucking shit show.

But please, tell me more about how Mark Henry thinks people don't want to do jobs as if that's the real problem here. EC3 ain't even a great wrestler, but it's absurd for how much he's being wasted.

They called him the "world's strongest man", not the "world's smartest man".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Could AEW have a case for filing a suit on the WWE for hoarding talent that they have every intention to sit on, and do nothing with?

Your honor, I know all willing parties signed legal and binding contracts, but they are preventing dream matches!!!!!!  If I were AEW or any second rate promotion I would steer way fucking clear of McDevitt and the WWE legal team.  

Edited by Playa Shunna Ver 3.0
  • Like 4

Or get the Lanny Poffo deal where you don't even have to fly in anywhere.

I get that some people look at it as art and they get all antsy and mad when they don't get used and still get paid.  I get that.  They signed up for the wrong goddamned company then.  Just JTG that shit as long as you can.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tromatagon said:

Or get the Lanny Poffo deal where you don't even have to fly in anywhere.

I get that some people look at it as art and they get all antsy and mad when they don't get used and still get paid.  I get that.  They signed up for the wrong goddamned company then.  Just JTG that shit as long as you can.

There's an argument to be made for the younger guys not wanting to sit in catering for their contracts because they're likely only getting their downsides, and they're not getting a chance to make their performance incentives (if they have any), PPV bonuses, and merch (can't really move merch if your'e not on TV), as well as hindering your ability to get recognized so you can actually bill on the indies as a "Former WWE Superstar" and up your appearance fees there when you eventually get cut for taking up space (and yes, this gravy train is eventually going to end).  So if you're someone who wants to maximize your earning potential, then I can see getting pissed you're stuck in catering instead of on TV every week.  If you're a guy on the end of your career and late 30's (Anderson and Gallows, for example), then it's fine.

• Like 3