DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2019 WRESTLING TALK.

God this Shooter McGavin shit is the absolute worst and needs to crawl back into the same hole that other turn of the decade relics like the word “extreme” and Tank Abbott pulling a knife on a dude live. 

For a guy who I think more or less shares my idyllic view of wrestling as 1983 Mid South, I’m disappointed that HHH is both condoning this and booking his own shitty shoot promo feud.

Bill Watts ain’t book no shoot angle

Edited by For Great Justice
  • Like 4

Well, can't say BJW isn't still innovating. Whatever the hell this ended up being.

5. Ikkitousen ~ Death Match Survivor - Block B, Human Cutting Machine & Skewered vs. Giant Human Flesh Slicer & Public Executions Torture Tool Death Match

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Different match, but gah.

43914762_299828953849872_138225940193167

D12xI-FUwAEf4TV.jpg:large

I think it also had a power tool attached to a cheese grater and one guy got his cheek pierced with string or something. I don't know. These two are insane.

Edited by Ryan
  • Like 2

Why not

Wrestling needs more buzzsaws and less Twitter

That top image made me say "fuck yeah" faster than anything new I've seen in 2019.

Someone please point me to where I can watch that match.

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Like 3

Yesterday's BJW is on the streaming service I guess. There is no schedule for it to be on Samurai TV. It might split the TV with the 3/25 show that will be first shown on 3/31. The piercing through Ueki's cheeks caused a fan to faint.

For what it's worth,  the Hunter and Batista feud and the AJ and Orton feud have not really broken kayfabe too much.  AJ/Orton really towed the line well.  Hunter did that weird "Richard Fliehr" thing but he basically said Ric Flair was his stage name not that the fights were predetermined. 

Ronda went way past all of that basically saying the fights are fake,  the interviews are scripted,  Yokozuna isn't really Japanese,  etc..  awful stuff. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Ronda went way past all of that basically saying the fights are fake,  the interviews are scripted,  Yokozuna isn't really Japanese,  etc..  awful stuff. 

What did she say about being billed as "The Baddest Woman on the Planet"?  She had to have talked about how fake that is, right?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Execproducer said:

What did she say about being billed as "The Baddest Woman on the Planet"?  She had to have talked about how fake that is, right?

Nah, she's good in that regard, because she's pretty bad at what she does.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

giphy.gif

Someone needs to isolate AJ Styles from this, put him dancing across the WWE logo, and type out "Fuck you, I got YOUR money!" to supplement the R-Truth gif.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 3/16/2019 at 1:12 PM, RIPPA said:

The video is whatever but considering its a WWE official video talking about main roster guys moving to NXT at least gives more credence to the shakeup working in all directions

Oh btw - the 4 listed in the video were

1) The Bar

2) Dana Brooke

3) Harper

4) Fandango

*Pants Off* 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Well, we know he's not going back to Japan, or part of that would be pixelated.

Also I signed up for Big Japan Core.  For nothing, since that match with the buzzsaws isn't up yet.  Fuck.

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Rick said:

giphy-7.gif

How many ex-TNA guys do WWE have on their books now? 

I will usually rattle off how many former TNA and/or ROH guys are currently in WWE when I can't sleep. That usually does the trick. Trazodone also helps.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

AJ could have bought Jurassic Park with all that new fuck money.  

AJ listened to his CPA, Virgil, and invested in an Olive Garden.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Haha 1