DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2019 WRESTLING TALK.

Guest Edwin

Gimmie an EU facion with Aichner, Barthel, WALTER, Cesaro and Sheamus in NXT.

Edited by Edwin

Guest Edwin
1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I was thinking EU (Walter, Aichner, Bartel) vs. The Kings of Bar Wrestling (Cesaro, Sheamus, Ohno).

Oh, God, this please.

Sheamus is a much better KOW than Arik Cannon was and that EU trio is much better than Jigsaw and Shane Storm were.

Edited by Edwin

5 minutes ago, Edwin said:

Oh, God, this please.

Sheamus is a much better KOW than Arik Cannon was and that EU trio is much better than Jigsaw and Shane Storm were.

Agreed, although I do like Jigsaw and I liked Shane Storm after the transformation to STIGMA.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

When it's War Games time, does one of the Europeans sit out or does Undisputed get a fifth man? 

Cesaro would have to be the one to sit out. He is neutral after all.

That was my issue with Claudio Castagnoli turning on ROH and siding with CZW during the ROH/CZW feud. He was supposed to be neutral. That feud could have been really, really good if CZW bothered to do anything with it on their shows.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Guest Edwin
4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Cesaro would have to be the one to sit out. He is neutral after all.

That was my issue with Claudio Castagnoli turning on ROH and siding with CZW during the ROH/CZW feud. He was supposed to be neutral. That feud could have been really, really good if CZW bothered to do anything with it on their shows.

That was one of the complaints from CZW during the feud. They said they got baited by ROH to build the feud and then all they got in return was Austin Aries, Christopher Daniels and Matt Sydal I think it was for that one BOTB and not much else while ROH got to book a lot of their regulars.

14 hours ago, RIPPA said:

It's still real to @Curt McGirt dammit!

Did Bleacher Report play me? The shit showed up in my feed for a millisecond so I went back and looked it up; nobody else seemed to have posted about it on here so I went ahead. Oh well, chalk it up to dumb luck then. 

EDIT: I also don't watch Raw FWIW

Edited by Curt McGirt

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

Loved the ROH vs. CZW 2006 feud, the six man tag at ROH's 100th show and especially the Cage of Death match. Fuck the latter was perfect.

My 2nd ROH show was in Cleveland for the out of nowhere BJ Whitmer v. Super Dragon match plus the Danielson v. McGuinness ROH World v. Pure title match. I vaguely remember Joe getting jumped bythe CZW crew. Good times

James

• Like 2

I know WWE performers are 1099’s, but do they have to pay state income taxes in only the state they are domiciled in, or like professional sports pay state income taxes in every state in which they perform?

I presume the former, which explains why so many live in Florida. Do professional entertainers (singers, etc) pay state income in states they perform in? Curious how this works.

41 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

I know WWE performers are 1099’s, but do they have to pay state income taxes in only the state they are domiciled in, or like professional sports pay state income taxes in every state in which they perform?

I presume the former, which explains why so many live in Florida. Do professional entertainers (singers, etc) pay state income in states they perform in? Curious how this works.

I would assume that it's similar to pro sports: where you have to pay state income taxes for every state you perform in- but you only have to pay state income taxes for the specific days you performed there (so, for instance, if you are an NL player going to an AL stadium once a year, you only have to pay state income taxes for those three days you played at that city.) 

Considering on average, that's one day a year for most states, that's not too bad.

• Like 1

Guest Edwin

Soooo edgy.

Heyman would grow hair back out of joy if he had a chance to book Kurt Angle as Ronda Rousey in 1997 ECW.

God this Shooter McGavin shit is the absolute worst and needs to crawl back into the same hole that other turn of the decade relics like the word “extreme” and Tank Abbott pulling a knife on a dude live. 

For a guy who I think more or less shares my idyllic view of wrestling as 1983 Mid South, I’m disappointed that HHH is both condoning this and booking his own shitty shoot promo feud.

Bill Watts ain’t book no shoot angle

Edited by For Great Justice
  • Like 4

Well, can't say BJW isn't still innovating. Whatever the hell this ended up being.

5. Ikkitousen ~ Death Match Survivor - Block B, Human Cutting Machine & Skewered vs. Giant Human Flesh Slicer & Public Executions Torture Tool Death Match

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Different match, but gah.

43914762_299828953849872_138225940193167

D12xI-FUwAEf4TV.jpg:large

I think it also had a power tool attached to a cheese grater and one guy got his cheek pierced with string or something. I don't know. These two are insane.

Edited by Ryan
  • Like 2