DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2019 WRESTLING TALK.

6 hours ago, sabremike said:

Heads up to anyone thinking of going to the ROH/NJPW show at MSG: I just got two tickets via TixPick (which is awesome because they don't charge fees) for $39 each. Prices have fallen significantly in the past week or so.

What section? I'm looking at 100s

1 hour ago, Edwin said:

The Iiconics are the best thing in WWE.

Billie makes Peyton and Cathy break character and laugh.

I love this segment.

"Did you go to Journalism For That?" is an instant classic.  It is only a matter of time before I start stealing that.

I really wish they'd get a straight up 2 on 2 match against Huggo Boss at Wrestlemania.  Not just because gimmick-wise they deserve it, but because they can get squashed in 5 minutes [helping the timing of the whole show] and it won't hurt them.

Watching them try to avenge their humiliating defeat by stirring the shit and breaking Bayley & Sasha up over a period of weeks/months would be fun TV too.

• Like 4

I'm doing the Pancakes and Piledrivers show Saturday morning, then I'm doing the G1. If anyone wants to meet up for some drinks, drop me a line. I swear I won't spike your drink and attempt to kill you. That is, if anyone doesn't mind a hanging out with a guy dressed as a plague doctor.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
I went ahead and ordered my ticket for Pancakes and Piledrivers.
  • Like 2

vs.

for #RAW #WomensTitle

I know  Becky and  Charlotte have been giving it their all for that title shot, but everybody knows it's Dana Brooke that really deserves the shot. I mean, she has wrestled on TV at least two times this year.

Edited by joseph2112
The styling on this post looks looney on my phone, I can't fix it.

ROH spoiler that has G1 implications

Spoiler

PCO and Brody King defeated The Briscoes to win the tag team titles. I have a bad feeling the Guerrillas of Destiny are leaving MSG as double champions. I really hope I'm wrong and Villain Enterprises leaves MSG with the ROH World, tag, and IWGP tag titles.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

10 hours ago, Ryan said:

I'm still not sure which of these two things is more amazing in 2019.

• Jerry Lawler and Doug Gilbert appear on 5/11 in Hanover, IN at Southwestern High School. Jacob the Carpetbagger vs. Mortimer Blankenship III meet in a loser must shave his mutton chops match.

54 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

This seems like a bad idea.

I thought I'd change it up from Orson Welles.

• Like 2

Loser shaves muttonchops is a novel spin on the hair stip, I'll give them that.

1 hour ago, mattdangerously said:

This seems like a bad idea.

could be worse.  one of them could go for the fireball

The video is whatever but considering its a WWE official video talking about main roster guys moving to NXT at least gives more credence to the shakeup working in all directions

Oh btw - the 4 listed in the video were

1) The Bar

2) Dana Brooke

3) Harper

4) Fandango

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

The video is whatever but considering its a WWE official video talking about main roster guys moving to NXT at least gives more credence to the shakeup working in all directions

Oh btw - the 4 listed in the video were

1) The Bar

2) Dana Brooke

3) Harper

4) Fandango

I'd fancy a move to NXT as the main roster booking not up to much though there's the odd exception to that. For a while NXT's been the best thing about the WWE.

Edited by The Natural

2 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Harper vs Riddle, Lee, Dijakovic... 

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Harper vs. Velveteen Dream is one I'd like because of the two involved and the differing personalities.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2