DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2019 WRESTLING TALK.

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
20 minutes ago, Infinit said:

...because he was a roadie for Motley Crue and tested their mics? 

Maybe this is Mandela Effect, but I remember the reasoning being that he was Motley Crue's bodyguard, and in order to get to them you had to pass him.

19 minutes ago, worldcupfever said:

We were so pumped when we registered for slow-pitch softball back in '89 or '90 as the Legion of Doom.  I can't tell you how many times we got listed as the Legend of Doom.  So disappointing.

Did you get to play against Sid?

2 minutes ago, Stefanie the Human said:

Maybe this is Mandela Effect, but I remember the reasoning being that he was Motley Crue's bodyguard, and in order to get to them you had to pass him.

He was introduced as a bodyguard but didn't have a name

When he was actually given a name it was because of the mic check thing

Bruce Prichard discussed the origin of the late Andrew Martin’s ring name of Test in WWE on his latest Something to Wrestle With podcast. Highlights are below:

On how the name came about: “The version was that since he was a roadie for Motley Crue, we actually had him travel for them a little bit and we made him go out on the microphone and the only thing he would go out and say was, ‘Test…test.’ So, Shawn Michaels said, ‘Well, he’s going out there and letting everybody know what his name is.’ He became Test out of that.”

On the rumor that it was short for ‘testicle’: “A lot of people made the “testicle” reference assuming it was short for that, but it was funny the other way also.”

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
Just now, RIPPA said:

He was introduced as a bodyguard but didn't have a name

When he was actually given a name it was because of the mic check thing

See? Mandela Effect.

Test became a Wrestler because he was a security guard, and he was booked to do security at a private party. But when he got there it was a WWF Wrestler's party, and when he showed up the rest of the security took one look at him, assumed he was one of the Wrestlers and let him in.

On 3/11/2019 at 1:24 PM, Craig H said:

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/03/mark-henry-on-talking-with-jimmy-uso-after-his-arrest-651820/

I know Mark Henry is beloved here and I like him a lot too, but he sounds incredibly out of touch when he says that people backstage feel entitled or no one wants to do jobs anymore. The problem is that too many people are doing jobs and no one speaks up for their position. More than that, how the fuck can you feel entitled when you're given shit to work with?

With the 50\50 booking , I would find it hard to believe talent are worried about doing a job unless you are on a Kurt Hawkins streak. Even Roman at his strongest was taking falls to guys. Based on what's on screen this seems like the most generous generation of wrestlers when it comes to losing. I don't know how vocal talent is behind the scenes but If the are complaining then maybe it's a factor in the booking pattern. If AEW becomes really competition in the Wrestling marketplace then Talent with surely become more vocal about doing jobs. 

I have a pretty great Test story. In early 1999, I got to hang out with Test and Kanyon at nightclub here in Toronto. Kanyon was in town filming the Jesse The Body movie and Test was just home. Was really cool hanging with a WWF guy and a WCW guy during the Monday Night War. Goodtimes. RIP Andrew and Chris.

• Like 5

On 3/11/2019 at 1:43 PM, Hoarr said:

With that unreleased UWC video game for the NES being discovered last week, there’s some questions surrounding it. The guy that has the cart now and has dumped the ROM to ensure its release has an inquiry regarding the UWC moniker.

Theres never been anything shown publicly regarding the Universal Wrestling Corporation, right? Just an internal placeholder that turned into WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING almost immediately, correct?

Stephan's video has apparently gotten enough hits that he can monetize his youtube channel. So if you dig the video, feel free to subscribe. 

19 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Young wrestling stars! Pretoria, South Africa. M/S of young men in shorts training and stretching. Various shots as they wrestle.

What are the chances Justin Gabriel's great-great grandfather is in this reel?

Dammit all, at this rate WWE is going to sign everyone and either wipe out or take over all of the indies and I’ll be stuck with nothing left to watch. Thank God for Portland being on YouTube and Ron Fuller’s putting all of Continental our on DVD or else I’d have zero wrestling to watch ever.

5 hours ago, Victator said:

The Becky Twitter stuff was shit from day one. 

This Shimmer/2000 WCW mutant is the worst timeline.

You know we are truly through the looking glass when Vince Russo says that doing shoot style interviews is stupid. Think about THAT for a minute

"Get these hands" is hysterical because it's a one word change from a common expression so they can trademark it (although, honestly, I think it sounds better than "catch these hands")

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

"Get these hands" is hysterical because it's a one word change from a common expression so they can trademark it (although, honestly, I think it sounds better than "catch these hands")

How about:

spirit-fingers-gif-6.gif

;).

• Haha 2