DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2019 WRESTLING TALK.

SmackDown tonight:

• Shane McMahon addresses his attack of Miz
  • Vince McMahon addresses Kofi Kingston
  • Samoa Joe vs R-Truth for the United States Championship
  • Hardys/Ricochet/Black vs Bar/Rusev/Nakamura

As none of them are doing much at the moment, it'd be fun if that last team formed a New League of Nations. Alternatively, we may be getting a peek at how crowded the tag scene is headed into Mania. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
peek vs peak

22 minutes ago, Bustronaut said:

I thought Matt officially retired?

I don't think he ever said he was retiring, but for a little bit it was looking like he might not be able to go in the ring again. Along the way, he got himself into really, really good shape and rehabbed his injury to the point where he's still clear to wrestle.

There was also an issue where it looked like his contract was going to be up and he was tweeting about possibly leaving, but WWE extended both Jeff and Matt for another year.

Thank you all for the info!

Watching that video, it really seems like a lot of wrestlers, face-wise fall into either a Vince or Shawn look.  The Vince thing has been bugging me for a while, but now Matt looking amazingly like HBK in this video has added another level to it.

What is the worst catchphrase in wrestling history? 

I think my vote would have to go to "That's not just the COOLEST... that's not just the BEST.. that's from Calgary..... Alberta, Canada... and that, my friends, is Justin Credible."  Complete with terrible pose. Just a mangled mess.

Edited by Peck

11 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Lets go a little further than that. What is the dumbest name in wrestling? Justin Credible. Even Terra Ryzing is better.

Supreme Lee Great

As much as I love Snitsky, IT WASN'T MY FAULT is the worst catch phrase I can think of, because it barely works in any context other than killing babies by accident

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Peck said:

I think my vote would have to go to "That's not just the COOLEST... that's not just the BEST.. that's from Calgary..... Alberta, Canada... and that's Justin Credible."  Complete with terrible pose. Just a mangled mess.

53 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Lets go a little further than that. What is the dumbest name in wrestling? Justin Credible. Even Terra Ryzing is better.

I like Credible's catch phrase because of its lameness. It was intended to get him heel heat, and it certainly did. I honestly think "Get these hands" is really lame. HHH had some lame catchphrases. The Rock's material doesn't hold up and comes off incredibly dated.

The dumbest name in wrestling? Beaver Cleavage, Test, or Meat. Take your pick. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, Peck said:

I want to throw a vote toward the Rock's dumbassed "How's Your Lips?" t-short slogan several years back.  Honorable mention goes also to the Rock, for "Boots to Asses" (which isn't #1 only because Kevin Owens neé Steen tweeted a sweet "Needles to Asses" reply).

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I like Credible's catch phrase because of its lameness. It was intended to get him heel heat, and it certainly did. I honestly think "Get these hands" is really lame. HHH had some lame catchphrases. The Rock's material doesn't hold up and comes off incredibly dated.

The dumbest name is wrestling? Beaver Cleavage, Test, or Meat. Take your pick. 

I think I’ve posted several times about how Justin Credible was perfectly designed as a “Smark-proof” heel because his name and catchphrase and finisher name were too corny and lame to ever be at risk of being turned face by the ECW crowd (which would have eventually happened if he’d shown any signs of edginess or coolness)

There were e-feds that wouldn’t have accepted “Justin Credible”. That’s why it worked.

also I wish we’d gotten the TEST MEAT tag team just for that dumb name alone

• Like 2

On 3/8/2019 at 11:51 PM, Rick said:

The initial barbs between Becky and Ronda were great (albeit one-sided) until Ronda was instructed to turn everything into a shoot to kick off her heel run. 

The Becky Twitter stuff was shit from day one. 

This Shimmer/2000 WCW mutant is the worst timeline.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tromatagon said:

Supreme Lee Great

because it barely works in any context other than killing babies by accident

But then he punts the baby into the crowd and all is forgiven for the greatest thing ever that still makes me laugh.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Lets go a little further than that. What is the dumbest name in wrestling? 

Macho Warrior Ric Hogan. The Legend of Doom. Gary B Ware. Kwik Kick Lee (Akira Maeda). Japan's Mean Machine (Satoshi Kojima).