DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2019 WRESTLING TALK.

37 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I'll give the Ronda storyline some credit: I thought it couldn't get worse than Becky's Twitter troll gimmick. I was wrong. 

I only saw the twitter shit in passing and it is awful. Luckily I was informed that watching a two minute youtube video means you are a die hard fan, so I have not even seen clips.

I do find it funny people are now saying how stupid the twitter stuff is, when Becky has been saying shit just as stupid for six months. 

22 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

I'd like to see how he outdoes himself this year. Needs more overbooked stipulations to eliminate someone. All entrants are attached to a giant dog collar, the eliminatee must touch all four corners and eliminate the opponent by throwing them over the top of the cage or through the door to the table below

I'd be into a Rumble where the ring itself was in the middle of a pool. Titus would slip on the wacky slip and slide by the entrance and do an epic headfirst slide into the pool. 

57 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

With the roster as large as it is, if they could just plan a little goddamn bit better, they could easily phase people in and out so they had built-in 'off seasons" for different people at different times while not interrupting their precious USA contract. It would sure as hell tighten up feuds too knowing they only had a few PPVs to tell a story before someone was going on break instead of stretching it out over six months or a year with the same matches over and over.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

How in the Sam fuck has WWE managed to make me not excited about seeing arguably my favorite wrestler ever Main Event mania?

It was so goddamn simple. Becky hate Ronda and Ronda seems unbeatable as champ but Becky is crazy and on a roll. Set up a match for the big show and then have that match.

SO FUCKING SIMPLE!!!!!!!!!

But, no, let's add a worked leg injury and then have the CEO interfere and cancel the match and add a third wrestler and then because of that have another one of them give up the title so now we have a different match instead but the lady who gave up the title says she didn't really give up the title so now we have two different matches neither of which are actually the original matcheveryone wanted...NOW LET"S ADD TWITTER INTO IT!!!!!!!!!!

Looking at my post directly above this one. Imagine, now if they had announced Becky/Ronda for Wrestlemania in January...but then Becky had three months off leading up to it so all we might get from her is filmed promos and training sessions or something for February/March/and up until maybe the week before Mania.

We could have had months of Becky doing this:

Edited by piranesi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, piranesi said:

It was so goddamn simple. Becky hate Ronda and Ronda seems unbeatable as champ but Becky is crazy and on a roll. Set up a match for the big show and then have that match.

SO FUCKING SIMPLE!!!!!!!!!

But, no, let's add a worked leg injury and then have the CEO interfere and cancel the match and add a third wrestler and then because of that have another one of them give up the title so now we have a different match instead but the lady who gave up the title says she didn't really give up the title so now we have two different matches neither of which are actually the original matcheveryone wanted...NOW LET"S ADD TWITTER INTO IT!!!!!!!!!!

Looking at my post directly above this one. Imagine, now if they had announced Becky/Ronda for Wrestlemania in January...but then Becky had three months off leading up to it so all we might get from her is filmed promos and training sessions or something for February/March/and up until maybe the week before Mania.

We could have had months of Becky doing this:

D1I-9ZkUcAAWsiD?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Don't worry. I'm sure the build will pick up after Fastlane when Lesnar's around more. ? 

Fun fact, in my original Shimmer watching when I really fell in love Rebecca Knox there was a wrestler I couldn't stand in Cindy Rogers. She was incredibly boring technical wrestler, and I'm a John Walters fan. My biggest problem with her is that she did the worst thing someone who isn't charismatic can do: try to be charismatic. She was a super boring face, so in other to spice it up they turned her heel. Her idea to work heel? Wear a ring jacket. That was basically it. So it became a running joke with me and my Shimmer fan friends of the Cindy Rogers version of charisma: "Look at me, I have a ring jacket!"

Shorly afterwards, my RoH fandom was hitting the pits to boring strikes dudes. Tyler Black was positioned to be there guy. Problem is he was boring. Like. Super boring. So what was his response? Wearing a baseball cap. That is who Seth Rollins is to me, and he somehow hasn't really changed in a decade.

• Haha 2

KISS acronym:

Keep It Simple Stupid.

Ronda Rousey and Becky Lynch don't like each other and want to settle it in the ring. No need to add unnecessary shit.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

I'd be into a Rumble where the ring itself was in the middle of a pool. Titus would slip on the wacky slip and slide by the entrance and do an epic headfirst slide into the pool. 

Only if the pool explodes like in FMW

• Like 3

Not to derail the thread too much, but I had something I wanted to discuss. An unreleased prototype of an NWA NES game has just been revealed (not the WCW one that FCI released, ironically, as the same time as this one was going to come out) that hasn't even been mentioned until now:

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, The Natural said:

D1I-9ZkUcAAWsiD?format=jpg&name=large

Now with 100% more TWITTER WARZ~!

10 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

Not to derail the thread too much, but I had something I wanted to discuss. An unreleased prototype of an NWA NES game has just been revealed (not the WCW one that FCI released, ironically, as the same time as this one was going to come out) that hasn't even been mentioned until now:

Deja vu!

1 hour ago, Victator said:

I do find it funny people are now saying how stupid the twitter stuff is, when Becky has been saying shit just as stupid for six months. 

Don't you realize the rules of this feud:

Ronda (or Charlotte, or...well, anyone) says something: "They're ruining wrestling, this is inside baseball, it's shooting shit, they need to be drummed from the business!"

Becky says something: "YAAAASSSS QUEEN SLAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!"

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

Who will be the 4th person to post this?

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Rick said:

Conveniently Triple H's ''this is the man, not the character!' promo from Raw has been swept under the rug because y'know, he's papa Haitch and not into conspiracy theories. 

Um, no. It hasn't been swept under the rug, it's been completely overshadowed by the nonsense of Ronda's bullshit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For the past few days on the WO shows, Bryan has been talking about the ladder match from NXT Takeover: New Orleans like it was some kind of all out classic. I had a lot of stuff going on in my personal life so during April 2018 wrestling was far from my mind. I watched Maina and Takeover but don't remember them super well. Is that match really that great or fondly remembered? I just pulled it up on the Network to see my opinion but I feel like I don't see a ton of people talk about it still. 

Edit: Two minutes or so in and I already had to hear "Mama Mia!" Yeah, I really do not like Mauro. 

Edited by RazorbladeKiss87
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The thing with the twitter stuff is, to the best of my knowledge, it hasn't been brought up on Raw and Smackdown. At least, not any of the shooty stuff. Everything on the actual shows has been strictly kayfabe for the most part. And that's what they consider canon. Ronda's bullshit (and yes, I agree it is bullshit, and you can throw Becky's in there too if it suits you) is just something for the hardcore fans (or really it's a layer of fans between casuals and hardcores) to give the veneer that there is really animosity between Ronda and Becky, and maybe plant the seed of 'shit, I have to watch this match to see if Ronda is really going to shoot on Becky'.

I'm not trying to defend this at all, but I do think that it should be pointed out that Ronda tweeting 'it's fake' or whatever isn't actually part of the build of the match as presented by WWE. It's something running alongside it.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am so glad you didn't snip any of that quote box for this

I'm usually pretty good at that too.

It's like I tell my clients, "Sometimes you're going to do 99 things that are great and good and decent, but then you'll slip up or forget or trip & fall and all other people can recall is 'yeah, but there was that one time...'."

There's ultimately a valid therapeutic point in there, but I've already written too much about it.

1 hour ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

Going by current Rumble rules, as long as you knew how to tread water, you could basically never be eliminated.

• Haha 2