DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2019 WRESTLING TALK.

7 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I didn't want to watch the video because I'd rather not add to the view count.  But if she said that then I can't imagine WWE will be happy about that.  Not just her saying "Fuck" but more importantly her saying wrestling's fake is a big no-no to them.   If other wrestlers get jumped on for saying stuff not at as bad then regardless of stature she deserves whatever backlash she gets.

I haven't either for the same reason and what I think about Ronda Rousey. I posted the GIF of Rousey getting KTFO by Holly Holm, but I didn't when Amanda Nunes finished Ronda in less than a minute. Mistake rectified:

CiXsqMS.gif

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Watching a few High Energy squashes on the Network.

I wish they'd given Koko B Ware a crackhead gimmick during the end of the High Energy run. Portray it as a Saved By The Bell style After School Special type deal when it's revealed Koko has pawned a heap of Hart family memorabilia to pay for his habit...only to hit rock bottom when he's forced to sell the services of Frankie to Jimmy Hart for a hit.

Those Bird Bird Bird videos are tremendous

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Casey said:

Twitter? Dude, it's happening on this board.

*looks up and around* ... oh yeah.

I remember the green board days when this type of idiocy used to get chased off. Good times.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

I wish they'd given Koko B Ware a crackhead gimmick during the end of the High Energy run. Portray it as a Saved By The Bell style After School Special type deal when it's revealed Koko has pawned a heap of Hart family memorabilia to pay for his habit...only to hit rock bottom when he's forced to sell the services of Frankie to Jimmy Hart for a hit.

I didn't know Russo posted here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I haven't either for the same reason and what I think about Ronda Rousey. I posted the GIF of Rousey getting KTFO by Holly Holm, but I didn't when Amanda Nunes finished Ronda in less than a minute. Mistake rectified:

CiXsqMS.gif

Poor woman was hungry! Look at all those punches she's eating! Am I a horrible person for wishing that Herb let it go on another thirty seconds? As much as I enjoy seeing Ronda battered and bloodied staggering about, I like the view of her looking up at the lights even better. She is without a doubt one of the most unlikable people in MMA and boy does that cover lots of ground. However, as long as Matt Hughes is breathing she won't be THE most unlikable, merely somewhere in the top five.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

Is it Happy Hour in Australia? Just wondering...

Full WWE PPV schedule for rest of the year (or I should say post Mania)

• “International PPV”: May 3, 2019 – Saudi Arabia
  • WWE Money in the Bank: May 19, 2019 – Hartford, CT
  • WWE Backlash: June 16, 2019 – San Diego, CA
  • WWE Extreme Rules: July 14, 2019 – Philadelphia, PA
  • WWE SummerSlam: August 11, 2019 – Toronto, ON
  • WWE Hell in a Cell: September 15, 2019 – Atlanta, GA
  • WWE Clash of Champions: October 6, 2019 – Sacramento, CA
  • “International PPV”: November 1, 2019 – Saudi Arabia
  • WWE Survivor Series: November 24, 2019 – Chicago, IL
  • WWE Tables, Ladders & Chairs: December 15, 2019 – Minneapolis, MN

Two biggest things about it

Money in the Bank has been moved to May. And because of that - the word now is that the 5th NXT Takeover will stay in June and be as part of Backlash (instead of MITB as the last couple of years).

Also - there is no "Evolution" PPV listed.

This could mean a few things - they haven't figured out when they are doing it yet (if they follow the model of last year - end of Oct would make sense).

Meltzer SPECULATED it could mean they are trying to get the Saudis to let the women on those shows and if they get the women on those shows they wouldn't hold an all women's PPV. (This would be because they would (falsely) take credit for getting women allowed to wrestle)

As people have pointed out - Evolution was mentioned during Royal Rumble as part of the "Upcoming things on the Network" so it seems like they are doing SOMETHING.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

Wasn’t that essentially going to happen to “Make A Difference” Fatu before they abandoned that angle?

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

5 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Wasn’t that essentially going to happen to Fatu before they abandoned that angle.

Why did that angle get abandoned? All I remember is cringy vignettes, a terrible outfit and two Samoan gangsters watching him during his matches

Ronda being a huge fan all these years of the absolute worst of the Attitude era and probably role playing Russo shoot angles in a mirror when she was growing up is perfect and I love it. Even more perfect is that now that she's an adult and a pretty big draw she's still dedicated to keeping the faith and bringing it all back.

She's like the guy that insists on the unheralded genius of The Phantom Menace and is now working at Disney and actively trying to get Lucas's "Whills" storyline into writing meetings.

• Haha 1

Guest Edwin

I wasn't a big fan of "Mr. Wrestling," but I've loved WWE Kevin Owens.

Timestamped: Hi, my name is Kevin and I want to be the Universal Champion. ?

Timestamped again. Corey's reaction to him owning Saxton on commentary. ?

2 minutes ago, Morganti said:

Michael Cole is leaving?!

Meltzer said... a month ago??? - on the radio show that the WWE is preparing for Cole leaving (that is part of the reason they have been hiring some many announcers)

Of course at the time - Dave said there was no set time table just people thinking it would be sooner rather than later

I have no idea if a new report came out with more info

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

• Fuck Saudi Arabia: May 3, 2019 – Saudi Arabia
  • Fuck Saudi Arabia: November 1, 2019 – Saudi Arabia

FTFY ;). 

Going to be different with no NXT TakeOver and SummerSlam in NY.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

*looks up and around* ... oh yeah.

I remember the green board days when this type of idiocy used to get chased off. Good times.

Not certain what post(s) you're referring to, but if this is a work then it's a pretty shitty one.  But hey, if WWE's cool with then fuck it who cares.

Guest Edwin
1 minute ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Not certain what post(s) you're referring to, but if this is a work then it's a pretty shitty one.  But hey, if WWE's cool with then fuck it who cares.

I'm sure it was a jab at me for having posted it, but yeah, it's tragic things aren't how they were before! Nostalgia, y'know?

Two years ago Michael Cole was preparing to eventually step away from the announcer's desk and be a producer. He may have even said it in an interview.

He's still behind that announcer's desk today.

30 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

• “International PPV”: May 3, 2019 – Saudi Arabia
  • “International PPV”: November 1, 2019 – Saudi Arabia

I disapprove of Saudi Arabia's politics as much as the next person (not employed by the WWE) but I did kind of like the Idea of The Greatest Royal Rumble last year. All the (men's) championships on the line a big 50 man Rumble. I'd like to see the May 1st show be The Greatest Royal Rumble again.

Was Australia a one off or are they running another Stadium show there?

I was kind of hoping that Starrcade Special was gonna be the start of monthly hour long specials from dressed up house shows.

49 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Meltzer SPECULATED it could mean they are trying to get the Saudis to let the women on those shows and if they get the women on those shows they wouldn't hold an all women's PPV. (This would be because they would (falsely) take credit for getting women allowed to wrestle) 

Holy shit.  If you think Stephanie is insufferable now, wait 'til she gets this whole new thing to take credit for. 

On the subject of Kevin Owens' funny moments:

"We want wrestling!"

"THIS IS WRESTLING YOU FUCKFACE!"

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 6

Guest Edwin

Speaking of dressed up house show special -- wasn't there talk of them starting to tape and upload house shows to the Network? I remember this being a talking point last year, but I don't think anything has occurred moving forward.

There's also been talks about the Network format changing with different price models and the addition of indys such as PROGRESS, ICW, EVOLVE, wXw and even Noah was mentioned at one point, but of course nothing has happened with that.

16 hours ago, quackhell said:

I will respectfully disagree. Riccaboni is super cringey to me. It's just like he has this endless list of catchphrases for every wrestler and situation and reels them off. It doesn't help that Cabana is yucking it up as the color man. I mean I know that is his gimmick but it all gets to be too much sometimes.

I can see that. Colt is good when he gets serious or is dropping some bits of dry humor but does have a tendency to be too much. Ian's catchphrases can get a little tiresome too but outside that I just enjoy him more. I'd like to see him drop a bit of the shtick. I think some of my preference may be that I typically only watch the ROH tv so I'm getting them in one hour doses.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Edwin said:

Speaking of dressed up house show special -- wasn't there talk of them starting to tape and upload house shows to the Network? I remember this being a talking point last year, but I don't think anything has occurred moving forward.

There's also been talks about the Network format changing with different price models and the addition of indys such as PROGRESS, ICW, EVOLVE, wXw and even Noah was mentioned at one point, but of course nothing has happened with that.

They are tied together

The taped house shows was reported to be one of the perks of the higher tier of the Network (which will also include the indies that you mentioned)

Every investor call has them talk about that the tier pricing is coming but no plan on when it will happen

• Like 1