DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2019 WRESTLING TALK.

Seems like there's alot to this story because from what I've been reading, you got people defending both Arn and Fox. From what I've heard about Arn he doesn't doesn't come across to the talent as office, he approaches talent from a worker's point of view like he's one of the boys. Whatever happened , he obviously defended himself to Vince he obviously isnt a yes man like most guys. He needed to do a shoot interview covering his whole run as an agent alone. I hope Fox can get help, if its try she worked intoxicated then she really has a problem because you dont hear about things like this in this era. I think she's talented and she's a bumping machine. There are several women ahead of her talent wise but for someone who was recruited and wasnt in developmental too long she became decent and she's been on the roster for over a decade now, not alot of people can say that.

15 minutes ago, joseph2112 said:

My only counter to this would be that Alicia may need help. Arn is the sober adult in this conversation and that's not good. (And believe me, Arn is my favorite wrestler of all time, so I'm not coming from that place). 

That would be perfectly fair. Now, if she refused help like Umaga did, then you cut the cord.

• Like 1

I wonder how bad Lance Cade's situation was. From what was reported, he had a seizure on a plane and needed immediate medical care. Other than that, all Jim Ross has ever said was Cade "made a major league mistake while utilizing bad judgement". Why would he have been released immediately rather than being offered help?

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

1 hour ago, joseph2112 said:

My only counter to this would be that Alicia may need help. Arn is the sober adult in this conversation and that's not good. (And believe me, Arn is my favorite wrestler of all time, so I'm not coming from that place). 

You can fire her and still offer to pay for her rehab, no?  If true, she can't wrestle at this point.. what other female is going to trust Fox to take care of them physically in the ring? If she goes through rehab and comes out with flying colors, then you can consider re-hiring her.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I wonder how bad Lance Cade's situation was. From what was reported he had a seizure on a plane and needed immediate medical care, but other than that, all Jim Ross has ever said was Cade "made a major league mistake while utilizing bad judgement". Why would he have been released immediately rather than be offered help?

I thought with Cade, the problem was "bad timing" more than anything:

Allegedly, Cade had his seizure on a plane that was drug-related, but he happened to have it shortly after Jeff Hardy had a similar drug-related issue [one that would have been his third strike and required WWE to fire Hardy, when he was in the midst of his gigantic push and a WWE Title reign was a formality.] 

The story apparently went: WWE ignored Jeff Hardy's problem so they didn't have to fire him, so they made a standing order: The next person to get a Wellness Violation would be fired. Cade drew the short straw.

As far as the Arn/Fox problem...the worst thing is I think WWE had to have this story leak originally to say why Arn was fired before they could do anything about Fox. Quite frankly, if it's the case, the following are true:

• Alicia Fox deserved the same punishment Anderson got.
  • Stan Twitter would have a shitfit the second it was announced WWE released Alicia Fox if the Anderson story didn't leak.

Edited by SorceressKnight
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Peck said:

comes out with flying colors,

Ah, the old joke. "Although I've done plenty of drugs in my life, I've only taken LSD once, when I was doing my driving test.

"I passed, with flying colours".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Casey said:

I’m really disappointed nobody has mentioned Booker T, given that this is DVDVR and all and everyone loves the hell out of his “commentary” for some reason. Same with Dusty, too.

?

Booker T isn't even the best color commentator in his family.

• Like 8

Asuka was hurt during her house show match tonight.   It was bad enough to stop/end the match.  

She was holding her neck, but apparently walked out under her own power. 

7 hours ago, Peck said:

You can fire her and still offer to pay for her rehab, no?  If true, she can't wrestle at this point.. what other female is going to trust Fox to take care of them physically in the ring? If she goes through rehab and comes out with flying colors, then you can consider re-hiring her.

I can’t believe any other woman trusted her with that scissor kick in the first place.

• Like 1

Rant time...

Past few days I've watched Sting clips from 1996-1997 as Sting stood up to Hollywood Hogan and the n.W.o. What a transition in gimmick: Surfer Sting with the flattop blonde hair. Crow Sting wearing black and white, memorably comes down from the rafters more often than not, plays mind games with the n.W.o. and doesn't talk.  JJ Dillon was made to look a moron though not knowing who Sting was after. Awesome stuff. 

Sting vs. Hollywood Hogan has to be the best build towards a match with the worst payoff at Starrcade 1997. The booking for Sting sucked on the night of Starrcade 1997, he didn't squash and run through Hogan as he should. The ending was botched, it was supposed to be a fast three count pinfalll when it was anything but. Fuck that excuse made by Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan that Sting didn't look good physically and needed a tan. The bodysuit worn by Sting that night was my favourite Crow Sting attire before it was replaced with the singlet Sting would sport for the rest of his career.

Sting and Hollywood Hogan wrestle to a fuck finish on the post Starrcade 1997 Monday Nitro so the title gets vacated with the two to wrestle at SuperBrawl. Sting wins and drops the title two months later to Randy Savage at Spring Stampede and then joins the n.W.o Wolfpac. Wolfpac Sting is my least favourite version of Sting. I'm still annoyed by this especially Starrcade 1997. In closing Fuck Hulk Hogan and if possible, please can that replace Pillock? Thanks.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 5

If Arn knew Alicia was intoxicated and let her wrestle then I don't blame WWE for firing him.  It doesn't damper my admiration for him but it does make me wonder "Dude, WTF?!"  Hopefully we'll get his take on it.  And it sucks reading about Alicia's issues.  I adore her to pieces and even though there's others more talented than her I always love seeing her on TV.  I get the idea of firing her but I also think she deserves a chance at rehab.  If she can get through that then all is well.  If it doesn't pan out then it'd be  best to cut their losses.

8 minutes ago, nate said:

When did Crow Sting start talking again, after the long silent period that followed the "only thing for sure about Sting" promo?

When JJ Dillon stripped Sting of the WCW World Heavyweight Championship on the first Thunder.

Edited by The Natural
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, nate said:

When did Crow Sting start talking again, after the long silent period that followed the "only thing for sure about Sting" promo?

Was it when he first came back with the original white face paint that didn’t cover his face?

Edit: Yup...

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Rant time...

Past few days I've watched Sting clips from 1996-1997 as Sting stood up to Hollywood Hogan and the n.W.o. What a transition in gimmick: Surfer Sting with the flattop blonde hair. Crow Sting wearing black and white, memorably comes down from the rafters more often than not, plays mind games with the n.W.o. and doesn't talk.  JJ Dillon was made to look a moron though not knowing who Sting was after. Awesome stuff. 

Sting vs. Hollywood Hogan has to be the best build towards a match with the worst payoff at Starrcade 1997. The booking for Sting sucked on the night of Starrcade 1997, he didn't squash and run through Hogan as he should. The ending was botched, it was supposed to be a fast three count pinfalll when it was anything but. Fuck that excuse made by Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan that Sting didn't look good physically and needed a tan. The bodysuit worn by Sting that night was my favourite Crow Sting attire before it was replaced with the singlet Sting would sport for the rest of his career.

Sting and Hollywood Hogan wrestle to a fuck finish on the post Starrcade 1997 Monday Nitro so the title gets vacated with the two to wrestle at SuperBrawl. Sting wins and drops the title two months later to Randy Savage at Spring Stampede and then joins the n.W.o Wolfpac. Wolfpac Sting is my least favourite version of Sting. I'm still annoyed by this especially Starrcade 1997. In closing Fuck Hulk Hogan and if possible, please can that replace Pillock? Thanks.

If you want to avoid being further annoyed, avoid at all costs Eric Bischoff talking about Starrcade 97 on the 83 Weeks podcast. I thought Conrad let him off the hook or was too nice to him. Eric is just so full of shit though.

The gist of it is that Sting arrived the day of Starrcade 97 and he wasn't "excited" and didn't even have a tan. He just showed up to the arena like it was any other day. Eric, covering for his buddy Hulk during the podcast, said that because Sting wasn't excited, didn't have a tan, and didn't look like he prepared for that day, they had to change the booking. He says this despite Nick Patrick later acknowledging that Hogan changed the finish.

Eric has no explanation for why that would be the impetus to make Sting look like shit during the match and he never admits to Hogan changing the finish. They were basically like, "we have to do something about this because look at him! How can we go with the original plan if he's not excited?!?"

Fuck Eric Bischoff. He killed WCW just as much as Russo or Nash or anyone else did. That Eric refuses to accept any blame and puts it all on the AOL/Time Warner merger pisses me off. Hey dumbass, do you really think they'd cancel Nitro if the ratings were still through the roof and you were remotely competitive with WWE? People can point to the fingerpoke of doom all they want, but the death of WCW started at Starrcade 97 when you fucked up quite possibly the easiest booking ever.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Craig H said:

If you want to avoid being further annoyed, avoid at all costs Eric Bischoff talking about Starrcade 97 on the 83 Weeks podcast. I thought Conrad let him off the hook or was too nice to him. Eric is just so full of shit though.

The gist of it is that Sting arrived the day of Starrcade 97 and he wasn't "excited" and didn't even have a tan. He just showed up to the arena like it was any other day. Eric, covering for his buddy Hulk during the podcast, said that because Sting wasn't excited, didn't have a tan, and didn't look like he prepared for that day, they had to change the booking. He says this despite Nick Patrick later acknowledging that Hogan changed the finish.

Eric has no explanation for why that would be the impetus to make Sting look like shit during the match and he never admits to Hogan changing the finish. They were basically like, "we have to do something about this because look at him! How can we go with the original plan if he's not excited?!?"

Fuck Eric Bischoff. He killed WCW just as much as Russo or Nash or anyone else did. That Eric refuses to accept any blame and puts it all on the AOL/Time Warner merger pisses me off. Hey dumbass, do you really think they'd cancel Nitro if the ratings were still through the roof and you were remotely competitive with WWE? People can point to the fingerpoke of doom all they want, but the death of WCW started at Starrcade 97 when you fucked up quite possibly the easiest booking ever.

"The great success story of '96, former coffee gofer for Verne Gagne (laughs), is now leading the show in the big time. You, are a piece of fucking shit!"- Brian Pillman's ECW debut @ Cyberslam '96.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2