DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2019 WRESTLING TALK.

The other issue with this "build", is that we're not dumb, we know that this is a Triple Threat so that whoever wins DOESN'T pin/submit Ronda, or so Ronda can go over both top women at the same time.  So again, what's the point if the actual payoff isn't going to happen.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I was going to shit on Rhonda for using gender-based insults ("hurrrr you wish you had a dick") but holy fuck, she's a Sandy Hook truther?  For fuck's sake.

Yes:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1489061-ronda-rouseys-sandy-hook-tweet-should-be-last-straw-for-ufc

https://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/1099817/new-shocking-revelations-about-ronda-rousey/

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Edwin said:

Most of Ronda's matches have been great, aside from some business exposing botched strikes of course.

Her promos are horrendous and she's a horrible person, so it's funny seeing Becky cyber bully her.

Also, if this entire deal is a work, then whoever runs her Twitter is making her look like an even bigger buffoon than she is.

Becky is one purple pillow line away from ending Ronda.

ronda-rousey-gets-knocked-out.gif

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Raziel said:

The other issue with this "build", is that we're not dumb, we know that this is a Triple Threat so that whoever wins DOESN'T pin/submit Ronda, or so Ronda can go over both top women at the same time.  So again, what's the point if the actual payoff isn't going to happen.

It's not just this, it's that right now it's derailing the match build as well for the sake of the IWC stans.

Right now, the storyline is: Becky's a hero. Ronda's a hero. Charlotte's a villain.

Even if the stans decided "Becky Lynch is the only hero in all of humanity and anyone against her is a evil villain", in kayfabe we're working with "Becky is the plucky underdog who just wants an opportunity she earned. Ronda is the heroic champion who wants to defend against the most deserving challenger. Charlotte Flair is the evil woman who took a shortcut to the main event of Wrestlemania."

This kills the story: Right now that's what we're getting is the bad one: Ronda Rousey is willing to be the villain behind a keyboard, but she isn't willing to be the villain when people actually boo her...so we're getting this Twitter bullshit so Rousey's evil there, but she's still the "aw shucks, all I want to do is give the fans what they want- and if they want me to defend against Becky, I guess I gotta do it!" hero on camera.

Best case, this is derailing the kayfabe storyline. Worst case, this has devolved into corny efed shit where two people just don't like each other, they're going to derail the whole efed just so they can face off with each other- and the person running the efed has to know "Okay, the e-fed is dead until this happens. It's time to choose. Whoever loses this match WILL LEAVE, and they're taking their friends with them...and honestly, the one who wins will think they're bulletproof and be more of an insufferable prat for me choosing them. What do I do?"

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Swiftian said:

Everybody loves Becky and hates Ronda around here, but of them are being idiots here. Becky invoking Russo's name is just as bad as the "script" line.

They both are making me want Charlotte to win at Wrestlemania.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, nate said:

I just watched a New Breed promo, and you wanna talk missed opportunities: Why did we not get a New Breed tribute team debut somewhere in 2002?

Why did we never get President Rhodes?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

You would have to either not follow anyone wrestling related and/or block/mute the accounts since they would get retweeted so many times

So similar to trying to ignore someone on this board

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Wow.  I go back and forth over whether conspiracy theorists are awful or just sad, and shit like this pushes the needle back to awful.  It's one thing to do something that doesn't harm anyone like questioning the moon landing or whatever.  But this is some holocaust denial shit.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

You'll see. This is going to catch on huge and they'll have to change it back to Becky/Rhonda 1 on 1 and you'll all be like "I knew what they were trying to do the whole time and was totally into it." Also one day Tito Puente will be dead and you'll be like "Oh yes, I've been listening to him for years and I think he's fabulous."

Guys, I don't know what's wrong with me on this. But I kind of think everyone is all wet on it, including the dummies in the locker room. I really think Becky Rhonda should go the direction of a full on year 2000-style bad-taste shoot-fest...unapologetically and fully....shoot names, kennel in a cell, hardcore rules, all of it...just to see what it feels like again...like just so I can feel something again maybe? Is that a bad sign?

Yes, Rhonda is shitstain of a human being. A disgusting fucking cretin. I would never want to meet her and don't even like knowing that she is free to roam the planet. And yes, I don't know much about Becky beyond she's a really fun worker and super super hot and apparently her hair smells diVINE.  And I don't care. I want everyone to trust these two maniacs and/or dimwitted roid gorillas for some reason. Rhonda Rousey could look me right in the eye and say "I didn't have anything to do with Otto Wambier's death." And you know what...I would believe her.  She's just that good. A grotesque filthy rage jock animal who is generally as "good for the world" in a moral sense as Michael Hayes is "good for people of color"? Yes. Am I evil for letting all that slide because my little wrestling show is going to be super cool when they pretend to fight? Oh yes....I am 100% culpable in this and a horrible horrible person myself. But that ship sailed the day I found out about literal actual murders committed by people in this company and kept on watching and it has sailed over and over again since then.

Sadly what will probably happen is new limitations to WWE people using social media and, like, scripted tweets that are about as fun as everything else in WWE now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4