DVDVR Message Board

March Madness isn't coming back.... HOWEVER....

RIPPA

9 minutes ago, Dewar said:

He is in AAA, and has worked the Impact tapings in Mexico. Does some amazing flying spots.

Can't get to youtube at work, but I'll try and edit this later at home with some links.

Gracias! I found some stuff on Youtube, quite impressive!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Tessa is better than anyone in WWE save for Charlotte, Asuka, and Becky. That is high praise and she deserves every bit of it. I realize that WOW is hard to sit through with David McLane slimeing up everything, but it is worth watching for Tessa.

See, this is a good idea.  I don't think very highly of Tessa, but will admit that outside of All In, which didn't impress on me that she's as good as her defenders claim, I haven't watched any of her since her MYC appearance, especially since in that time she has worked people I do think highly of (like Taya), so I'd be up for someone making an attempt to change my mind there. 

I would also add in on the pimping of Miyahara as while I've loved what I've seen of him, it's not been near as much as I would like.

25 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Tessa is better than anyone in WWE save for Charlotte, Asuka, and Becky. That is high praise and she deserves every bit of it. I realize that WOW is hard to sit through with David McLane slimeing up everything, but it is worth watching for Tessa.

Yeah, I watched a WOW triple threat with Tessa Blanchard, Jungle Grrrl and someone who I'm forgetting,

1 minute ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I'm one of the four people who watch Impact. Tessa is amazing and when she's a free agent everyone should throw all the money at her. So much presence. 

That's part of the problem.  I can't be arsed to make the effort to watch Impact since I'm doing something else live and they've made it pretty damn hard to catch the show offset.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I'm one of the four people who watch Impact. Tessa is amazing and when she's a free agent everyone should throw all the money at her. So much presence. 

I'm one of the others and Tessa is a big part of that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Raziel said:

That's part of the problem.  I can't be arsed to make the effort to watch Impact since I'm doing something else live and they've made it pretty damn hard to catch the show offset.

I swear there's a free tier for GWN (because I'm logged into it right now) but I know some users here have had trouble finding it (LOLTNA). Every Impact dating back to the beginning of last year. Most recent Impact on a ten day delay or something. 

Yeah, I went looking for it but can't find it, and if I can't navigate to find your free tier, it's fucking buried, which kinda turns me off to getting it.  But then again, since I hit the point in my PPV rewatch that I passed the deaths of ECW/WCW that I've kicked around the idea of signing up for GWN to get to those old PPV's.

I was watching Impact when it was on their previous channel because that's included on YTTV. But like other people have said, I don't want to sign up for yet another service to just watch Impact. If the on demand shit was available on Twitch then I'd watch because I'm already signed up on Twitch.

That's kind of my other issue, I don't watch weekly shows, I just cherry pick matches/segments that people talk about and watch it later.  It's easy with WWE, since I have Hulu and the Network, but yeah, I'm pretty strictly PPV/Takeover's only unless something really perks my interest.  It's a time thing.

But yeah, I'm liking this to see people's stuff I'm missing only going with easy to get stuff.

1 hour ago, El Dragon said:

WALTER: I have seen little but enjoyed what I have.

WALTER was a top 5 favorite of mine from last year. I highly suggest everyone watch his matches against Timothy Thatcher from PROGRESS and his match with Darby Allin from EVOLVE from last year which are legit MOTYC.

Oney Lorcan: Another one that might feel iffy, but Oney is just a joy to watch work. Possibly one of the very best sub 5 minute match wrestlers to ever live.

1-2 is one of the best tag teams in the world at the moment. One fun match after another. Their match with EU from earlier this year on NXT TV is a must watch.

20 minutes ago, nate said:

Hey, rando question, if I mayy:

Why no more March Madness?  Was it just too big a pain in the ass?

Insert Goodfellas laughter gif

Real answer: The hostility level and childish behavior of everyone had Rippa about to ban everyone, methinks. 

Anyway, looking forward to this pointing me to some fresh lucha and non-NJ puro because I have seen like none of it last year

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Godfrey said:

I'm one of the others and Tessa is a big part of that.

Prior to the move to Pursuit, I watched Impact every week, plus ordering their ppv's, and Tessa was a major reason why.

I'm on board with Jonathan Gresham. Everything he does looks so smooth. I'm not comparing them, but his work reminds me a lot of "Best in the World" Bryan Danielson. I particularly like Gresham's work against Jay Lethal, Zack Sabre, Jr., and recently against Robbie Eagles in his match teaming with Liger vs. Ishimori & Eagles.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Edwin said:

WALTER was a top 5 favorite of mine from last year. I highly suggest everyone watch his matches against Timothy Thatcher from PROGRESS and his match with Darby Allin from EVOLVE from last year which are legit MOTYC.

1-2 is one of the best tag teams in the world at the moment. One fun match after another. Their match with EU from earlier this year on NXT TV is a must watch.

To continue the thought, Allin and Thatcher are probably good shouts.

I am also debating if we should allow Dunne and Bate into the discussion. They straddle the line of the NXT UK thing. 

Also, while they are main show WWE, I would love to see Sonya Deville, Liv Morgan, and Sarah Logan in this. It feels like those 3 are all developing very well.

• Like 1

This board has proven time and time again - no matter the thread - it can't handle discussion about WWE main roster women

(For the record - there are non-roster WWE men who I will absolutely not be touching with a 40 foot pole for the same reason)

NXT UK and MYC are where I will pull from if I choose to go in that direction

Though someone like Io is probably worth a discussion for how much of the time period was still in Japan

34 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

To continue the thought, Allin and Thatcher are probably good shouts.

Agreed.

Both are 2 of my favorites from last year, too.

Darby is one of the best underdogs in wrestling and is willing to take some insane bumps.

Thatcher is unbelievable on the mat. Love his gritty grappling and brutal strikes.

Also, Gresham rules. I don't think he has any CACC experience, but he does seem like he does as he seems to have a sense of grappling basics. Unpopular opinion, but I'd take him over other praised grapplers like ZSJ (who's hype as this superior grappler baffles me a lot of the time) in a heart beat mostly because I prefer someone who's less flashy, but more effective than someone who is exceedingly flashy seeking claps and isn't really effective, but that's another topic for another day.

Dominic Garrini and Chris Dickinson are guys who should be mentioned also.

I am also debating if we should allow Dunne and Bate into the discussion. They straddle the line of the NXT UK thing. 

They've been featured so prominently in NXT over the last year that I really don't think people need a crash course in either. People know what they do and most have seen enough high end stuff to appreciate them. At least that's how I interpret the spirit of this thing.

Considering she's their first female signee with AEW I would probably nominate Britt Baker.  I only saw her All In match and a couple from ROH but am wondering if she's had some standout matches that we don't know of.  And I guess considering she recently signed with them if there's room for Bea Priestly then that'd be cool find out more about her.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dewar said:

Hijo del Vikingo is someone everyone needs to see.

Yeah this is what I was going to say before I checked to see if someone else said it first.  If I was going to name ONE wrestler for you guys to check out it'd be him.

Now this is coming from a guy whose favorite wrestler in 2018 was probably Jason the Terrible since I mostly just watched old W*ING but he's really dope trust me.

28 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

I for one am excited about March Madness Mild-insanity. 

Does Dylan still post around here to nominate a bunch of the Southern indie guys, like the Carnies, Joey Lynch, AC Mack, etc...

He doesn't post here anymore but we communicate via social media occasionally and I generally have an idea of the Southern guys (though I don't necessarily agree with all of them)

Funnily the more "obscure" an indie guy is the better idea I have of their work but if you tell me like ROH or MLW - forget about it

Momo Watanabe, Hazuki, Mayu Iwantani, Kagetsu, Jungle Kyona, Chihiro Hashimoto, & Takumi Iroha are all names people should watch more of.

3 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

And I guess considering she recently signed with them if there's room for Bea Priestly then that'd be cool find out more about her.

Just going off of her Stardom work she isn't one I would really name. I could see that changing 1-2 years from now.

• Like 1