DVDVR Message Board

SDL is The Madness of King Vince - 2/26/2019

Dolfan in NYC

6 minutes ago, Chaos said:

It feels like they also may be setting up a Vince vs. The McMahon kids angle as well. Vince has now overruled all 3 of them. He's technically overruled Stephanie twice now.

Yeah, it seems to be building towards Stephanie, Triple H & Shane taking power from Vince sometime after WrestleMania. I don't know how they oust Vince, in storyline, without upsetting the stock market, like the time Trump took over in kayfabe.

A 3-way at Fastlane leading to Kofi getting a 1-on-1 at Mania isn't the worst idea. It sets up KO for either of them post-Mania and lets this Kofi thing build for a while longer. Running roughly the same angle for Becky and Kofi isn't ideal, but at least it's a decent angle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nofuture said:

Graves isn't that much different than his NXT days, it's just that he's on 5 hours a week instead of 1 so he's overexposed.

There’s some truth to this. Instead of doing his horndog schtick once every few weeks when Eva showed up, its every week. Same with the Elias hate, etc...

That was a very odd way to start the show.  It was effective in getting people pissed at Kofi being replaced and like mentioned earlier the whole Vince thing is eerily meta in how they talked about it throughout.  It's a pretty decent way of writing him out so he can focus on XFL (though I wish he'd be written out of the company for real though that's another story)  The only issue I had was the way they said how much of a great employee Kofi is all throughout the match.  Not trying to imply anything sinister but I just didn't care for that.

As for other stuff it was glad seeing Matt back and holy crapola he looks great!  I liked that we got the Hardyz greatest hits with some V1/Broken stuff sprinkled in.  At first I thought they were just doing that since their contract runs out but them signing on for a year is great news.  And the Ricochet/Gargano tag was pretty fun though it to me didn't seem like Nak did as much as Rusev.  Not sure why that would be the case but I'm hoping we get Black against a motivated Nakamura soon.

• Like 1

Someone was saying that Black looked so small when he debuted on Raw and I know for sure everyone remarked at how small Ricochet looked, but honestly, I thought Black looked pretty big compared to Nak and Rusev and Ricochet didn't look that small last night either. I mean, of course Black is going to look smaller than Elias because Elias is one of the bigger guys on the roster. Same with Ricochet and Lashley. Last night both guys looked like they fit in just fine.

I'm not super thrilled that they're just sticking Black in a tag team with Ricochet without explaining the why behind it, which is that they started teaming up on NXT.

Black still has a ton of potential and looked like a star last night. That dude has such an amazing presence in the ring and moves so well. Obviously the same is true for Ricochet if not more so.

• Like 3

I thought that they were going to have either Kofi pin Bryan again or have Owens take the pinfall loss for his team to further play in to the angle that Kofi deserves his title shot against Bryan and Owens doesn't. But Owens pinned Bryan clean. So there goes that.

12 hours ago, Craig H said:

Someone was saying that Black looked so small when he debuted on Raw and I know for sure everyone remarked at how small Ricochet looked, but honestly, I thought Black looked pretty big compared to Nak and Rusev and Ricochet didn't look that small last night either. I mean, of course Black is going to look smaller than Elias because Elias is one of the bigger guys on the roster. Same with Ricochet and Lashley. Last night both guys looked like they fit in just fine.

I'm not super thrilled that they're just sticking Black in a tag team with Ricochet without explaining the why behind it, which is that they started teaming up on NXT.

Black still has a ton of potential and looked like a star last night. That dude has such an amazing presence in the ring and moves so well. Obviously the same is true for Ricochet if not more so.

Its probably more of an issue for Gargano/Ciampa.

16 hours ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

Maybe this new Vince angle will lead to another "Life Sucks..." promo. 

Ugh, I hope not. This sucked in 2000 and sure as hell sucks re-watching it in 2019. Vince had already jumped the shark by this point. Austin vs. McMahon should have been the end of him as an on-screen character.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, Eivion said:

So who wrote this for Rousey'? This is easily the best comeback she has had during this entire feud, twitter or otherwise.

Well then it went into an argument about using the word "fake" and then once again somehow thinking that Becky calling herself the "The Man" means she thinks she has a dick.  So whoever wrote that tweet took a break on the next couple ones. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Ugh, I hope not. This sucked in 2000 and sure as hell sucks re-watching it in 2019. Vince had already jumped the shark by this point. Austin vs. McMahon should have been the end of him as an on-screen character.

Really? I like the promo. I honestly can't say I've revisited that era since it happened so I'm sure in retrospect it is all pretty bad but I was 12/13 at the time and that stuff hit perfectly for a pre-teen/young teen boy. 

Vince now, I don't want to see him on my tv but that isn't going to happen until he physically cannot come out under his own power. So if we must have him, I'd prefer him to be the crazy old jerk he's portrayed as in the newsletters (and likely is in real life). I'm interested to see if they go with Kofi for 'Mania and how they get there. I can't see Owens losing and just moving on with no other interaction but unless they are going to do a 3-way at Mania, I don't see how you get him away from Bryan. Maybe someone interferes at Fastlane and costs Owens the match? That raises the question of "Who?" and I really don't know who fits that. Sami? I don't need to see those two wrestle anymore for a while.