DVDVR Message Board

SDL is The Madness of King Vince - 2/26/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Charlotte's 'coronation' next week is going to be a lot of fun. While its more likely leading to Becky and/or Ronda getting in the way, her being Corporate Champ would be highly entertaining. Her promo was very enjoyable too, especially the way she completely neglected her dad's welfare while taking the time to praise Vince for his business decisions, find old Ronda footage, and turn her Cena-like level of extra media/PR/charity work into a heel trait. 

I remain disappointed that Asuka's virtually disappeared from SDL since beating Becky.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I don't want to see Cena wrestle again. He's just not good anymore.

It all comes round again.

Life is a circle.

We're born, we have a stupid haircut, we can't wrestle , we get a better haircut, we get better in the ring, we get a hot girlfriend, we get older, we break up with our girlfriend,we get an even stupider haircut than before, we stop giving a shit in the ring.....

Man.....

• Like 4

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

I almost went to this show based on the Gargano/Cesaro match, so I’m glad I didn’t. It’s funny though, because the last time Gargano wrestled in Charlotte he was advertised as wrestling Almas (right before their Takeover match), but it was also changed (to Velveteen Dream).

33 minutes ago, Johnny Retro said:

I dunno who told Corey that he'd get over more if he did a creepy sexual predator gimmick, but it was bad advice.  I seriously want him off my tv.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it wasn't Carmella.

It's like someone told him he's not witty enough to pull off Bobby Heenan, then asked if he could pull off slightly less creepy Jerry Lawler.

• Like 3

Went in expecting a nothing show, but thought this was an overall great show. What a change a Hardyz return makes!

Truth/Rey/Andrade was a super fun sprint. I haven't been big on Ricochet but am starting to really dig him and Black as a team, real solid match here. Great promo from Charlotte.

They killed off Owens last summer for me so he does nothing for me anymore but the main event was pretty fun.

R-Truth and Carmela are such a perfect midcard duo I'm already dreading their utterly purposeless break-up.

They're trying to turn Kofi into 2013-14 Bryan in a month, and it might actually even be working. I have no idea if KO is supposed to be a heel or a face, but the match should be great at Fast Lane.

6 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it wasn't Carmella.

It's like someone told him he's not witty enough to pull off Bobby Heenan, then asked if he could pull off slightly less creepy Jerry Lawler.

At the same time, he was doing insanely well in NXT before he was produced to be this way. Vince or whoever is producing the announcers just need to take a hands off approach. 

• Haha 1

Its mentioned in the Fastlane thread but they made Mandy/Asuka for Fastlane official on a Youtube exclusive

Also - PWI says that both Hardy's had an option in their contract where the WWE could roll it into a three year deal which they did so the Hardys are around for another year

• Like 2

Per Meltzer - it appears (and this is Dave making assumptions not MELTZER REPORTED~!) that the flip flopped Kofi and KO in that it was supposed to be Kofi at Fastlane and KO at Mania.

But yeah as of this past weekend - they had originally settled on KO as Bryan's challenger for Mania

Dave also noted - and I am sure some folks around here would feel the same way - that it could also be setting up a three way (either Fastlane or Mania)

Dave also mused that waiting for Kofi till Mania gives credence to the idea of maybe they will put the title on Kofi

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

At the same time, he was doing insanely well in NXT before he was produced to be this way. Vince or whoever is producing the announcers just need to take a hands off approach. 

isn't that Michael Cole's job, or am I confusing that for something else he does behind the scenes?