DVDVR Message Board

SDL is The Madness of King Vince - 2/26/2019

Dolfan in NYC

So, has the "Vince is ruining the WWE" hot take reached the point where the WWE is running a fucking meta angle where Mr. McMahon ruins the WWE?  

It's like Inception, in that I want to go to sleep and never wake up. 

---

(That being said, KO/DB could be amazing. And this will all make sense if they give Kofi the title shot at Mania.)

• Like 2

Welp, looks like they're pulling the trigger on Kofi/Bryan at WM after all. Either that or Kofi finds a way to get back in the match for Fastlane and we get Owens/Bryan at WM, but I'm thinking the former. They might just redo WMXXX and have a three way for the title only with Bryan being the heel.

I'd really like to see Black mix it up with Russev and Nak again. He and Ricochet looked good here, it's a shame they had to once again job out two guys who really don't need to be jobbed out at this point.

Matt Hardy coming back was random. I guess they thought the Hardys could get a quasi-hometown pop and went with them instead of DIY.

Looks like Dave was right about the whole "returning superstar" to face Bryan thing they had cooked up.  The vignettes of Owens were clearly leading to a WM match with Bryan.  

But now..  I don't know.   Maybe #KOFIMANIA is on the table?  

Strangest fucking build to WM I've ever seen. They won't have this card finalized until 10 PM ET on April 7th. 

Could have done without Rusev/Nakamura jobbing to Ricochet/Black though the match was decent.

Matt Hardy's return was random but nice.

Truth vs. Rey vs. Almas was fun. Loved Truth talking about his childhood hero, John Cena.

Charlotte's promo was neat. Will be interesting to see who between Rousey or Becky tries to murder her when she goes for the belt Monday.

Kofi getting taken out of the match with Bryan was random, but honestly made me so darn happy since its obvious they decided to give Kofi the WM match. Kind of interesting since this sort of confirms that Owens was going to get Bryan at WM originally.

Sad to see Asuka left off the show again.

• Like 1

So Mania?

Ronda (c) vs. Becky vs. Charlotte 

Lesnar (c) vs. Seth  

Batista vs. Triple H

Kofi vs, Bryan (c) 

Roman vs. Corbin?  (yeah, maybe a quick squash here) 

The Miz vs. Shane 

AJ Styles vs. Orton 

Asuka (c) vs. Mandy vs. Sonya? 

Sure they will throw in some random stuff like a multi person I.C. title match etc.  I gotta be honest,  it's not the worst card ever but they can do better than this. Might as well put Boss N' Hug vs. Sky Pirates on the NXT show.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

So Mania?

Ronda (c) vs. Becky vs. Charlotte 

Lesnar (c) vs. Seth  

Batista vs. Triple H

Kofi vs, Bryan (c) 

Roman vs. Corbin?  (yeah, maybe a quick squash here) 

The Miz vs. Shane 

AJ Styles vs. Orton 

Asuka (c) vs. Mandy vs. Sonya? 

Sure they will throw in some random stuff like a multi person I.C. title match etc.  I gotta be honest,  it's not the worst card ever but they can do better than this. Might as well put Boss N' Hug vs. Sky Pirates on the NXT show.  

I can see that. Intercontinental Championship make for a multi man Ladder match as one of the WrestleMania traditions is that gimmick match. In the NXT TakeOver: New York 2019, I said I can see the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship match over the NXT Women's Championship defended.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I can see that. Intercontinental Championship make for a multi man Ladder match as one of the WrestleMania traditions is that gimmick match. In the NXT TakeOver: New York 2019, I said I can see the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship match over the NXT Women's Championship defended.

I wouldn't mind seeing the women's title,  NXT title,  North American title,  women's tag titles and the spoiler that's out there. That's five matches. Maybe do a 6th but remember they will have other matches most likely that will air on the following week of NXT television. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

How about Roman vs Cena at WM? Easy enough to set up, no real story needed. 

They could do that but I don't know if Roman is capable of a lengthy match at this point.  I figured a quick squash or maybe they do a special enforcer deal with him during the Seth/Lesnar match. 

Roman vs Cena wasn't much of anything the last time they ran it. No desire to see it again.

Roman vs Drew hasn't happened one-on-one yet and would be good. All depends on how much they still love Drew. 

I'm not counting out extended physicality for Roman. We all thought they'd sit on Bryan and let him work every couple months or on a super limited basis. And here we are. We know nothing. 

Just now, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Roman vs Cena wasn't much of anything the last time they ran it. No desire to see it again.

Roman vs Drew hasn't happened one-on-one yet and would be good. All depends on how much they still love Drew. 

I wouldn’t waste Roman vs Drew now when it could be much bigger down the line. Just have Roman save a celebrity from Elias or something.

7 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I'm not counting out extended physicality for Roman. We all thought they'd sit on Bryan and let him work every couple months or on a super limited basis. And here we are. We know nothing. 

Bryan's situation was far different than someone who just entered leukemia remission, I'd imagine.