DVDVR Message Board

The ANTHEM Thread Of Sadness

J.T.

4 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Rippa, I hate to disappoint you and please don't ban me, but the word going around about Dragon Age supposedly from someone at Bioware is that it's Anthem meets Dragon Age.

Oh I saw that when it first came out.

I am at the point where I never expect another Dragon Age or Mass Effect so it doesn't matter anymore

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Oh I saw that when it first came out.

I am at the point where I never expect another Dragon Age or Mass Effect so it doesn't matter anymore

Mass Effect is probably soiled forever, but I was kinda hoping that Bioware wouldn't screw up Dragon Age as well.

I guess its safe to say that I'll never play another Jade Empire game ever again, eh?

• Sad 1

• 2 months later...

That's actually spectacular news if you are concerned about Bioware returning to the normal game business.  Chad was in charge of Live Services for Anthem and SW: TOR. 

I hate to see a guy with that kind of talent and tenure leave, but if Bioware is moving to close the doors on the failed MMO experiments so much the better.

Two of the other high profile Anthem departures went to go work on Dragon Age, so I believe JL would take that as a good omen..

I can't think that Bioware will do much for Anthem other than keep it on life support long enough to recover development costs and then they'll probably put this thing to sleep.  Then we can all go back to playing Mass Effect.

I think that Bioware is in that weird period that Blizzard was in  pre-WoW development when they were sorta just meandering around and looking for purpose.  If they turn the corner as well as Blizzard did after a big release like another Dragon Age game, everything will go back to normal.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

https://kotaku.com/sources-bioware-plans-a-complete-overhaul-for-anthem-1839892415

Recent silence and a couple of high-profile departures from BioWare have led fans and pundits to speculate that the studio has abandoned its most recent game, Anthem, but the opposite is true. For the last few months, BioWare and parent company EA have been planning an overhaul of the online shooter, according to three people familiar with those plans. Some call it “Anthem 2.0” or “Anthem Next.”

Many of the details are still in flux, and there’s no clear timeline for the Anthem Next project just yet. In fact, from what I’ve heard, the developers at BioWare haven’t even decided how it’ll be distributed. They’re still figuring out whether updates should be released all at once or over an extended period of time. Anthem could be overhauled through a series of updates, a la No Man’s Sky, it could get a game-changing expansion like Destiny’s critically acclaimed Taken King. Most of Anthem’s biggest systems—its mission structure, its loot, its world—will change drastically, but the developers have not yet figured out exactly what that will look like. They’re even considering releasing Anthem Next as a brand new game, although those who work on the project said that could take a lot of forms (and it’s unlikely they’ll charge full-price to Anthem players). 

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

They’re even considering releasing Anthem Next as a brand new game, although those who work on the project said that could take a lot of forms (and it’s unlikely they’ll charge full-price to Anthem players).  

The three people that still play that game have suffered enough and should not have to pay anything for Anthem Next, I am uncertain if I would consider getting a free copy of Anthem Next to be a reward.

Edited by J.T.
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, jstout said:

I got a guy on my friends list who still plays a lot of Anthem. Of course I picked him up through ME: Andromeda. Hard to imagine a BioWare fan boy after all this.

That dude is a masochist... er….. He's hardcore!

• 2 months later...

Do you not have the 12 days tradition over there? It's supposed to be bad luck for the year if you don't take them down by January 6th (or ON January 6th no earlier or later, according to some versions of the superstition).

6 hours ago, AxB said:

Do you not have the 12 days tradition over there? It's supposed to be bad luck for the year if you don't take them down by January 6th (or ON January 6th no earlier or later, according to some versions of the superstition).

Ours are down by the 31st.  My family apparently doesn't have that 12 days tradition.  Probably because my mom's birthday is on 1 Jan and she demands that the shit be put away before her birthday.

• Thanks 1

We usually take down our tree and in house decorations sometime around the second week in January. As for the Christmas lights outside, those are still up, but it's only because I don't have time and whenever I do have time there's snow on the ground and I'm not getting up on a ladder in the snow.