DVDVR Message Board

The ANTHEM Thread Of Sadness

J.T.

42 minutes ago, Eivion said:

On the one hand I feel sorry for the fans the game had. On the other I'm kind of happy as Anthem was part of the reason Andromeda got screwed, and it had been taking away focus from the next ME & DA games.

What he said.  I feel sorry for the community that supported Anthem through the bad times, but I am not sorry about Anthem Next getting shitcanned.  Now maybe resources can go back to ME, DA, and SW: Old Republic.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

I have already mentioned several times how infuriating I find Anthem but that is also because I am one of the few who liked Andromeda and would have preferred them wasting all this development time on fixing that and giving me my God damn Quarian Ark DLC instead of jettisoning it off to a fucking book

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I have already mentioned several times how infuriating I find Anthem but that is also because I am one of the few who liked Andromeda and would have preferred them wasting all this development time on fixing that and giving me my God damn Quarian Ark DLC instead of jettisoning it off to a fucking book

That is the sad part the book apparently didn't even cover what we would have gotten in the DLC. It just told the story of why the hell it took so long to arrive so we still don't know how the DLC would have ended up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eivion said:

That is the sad part the book apparently didn't even cover what we would have gotten in the DLC. It just told the story of why the hell it took so long to arrive so we still don't know how the DLC would have ended up.

Yeah, I was about to say that the novel didn't even cover Ryder's search for the Quarian Ark, so the poor saps that bought and read the book were left with the futile hope that the DLC might eventually see the light of day.

They secretly hope that ME:LE is a tech demo for a remastered Andromeda that will contain the Quarian DLC.  I pray that they are right, but I'm not holding my breath.  The ME3 part of ME:LE allegedly will have some plot hooks about the Andromeda Initiative, but we'll have to wait and see if that is true.

Edited by J.T.

26 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Yeah, I was about to say that the novel didn't even cover Ryder's search for the Quarian Ark, so the poor saps that bought and read the book were left with the futile hope that the DLC might eventually see the light of day.

They secretly hope that ME:LE is a tech demo for a remastered Andromeda that will contain the Quarian DLC.  I pray that they are right, but I'm not holding my breath.  The ME3 part of ME:LE allegedly will have some plot hooks about the Andromeda Initiative, but we'll have to wait and see if that is true.

The Quarian Ark DLC, exactly what the Archon was planning on doing, and that tiny loose end that involves your mother still being alive.

I mean, I liked Andromeda, too. Not as much as the original trilogy, obviously, but it got absolutely screwed for Anthem and it deserved a hell of a lot better.

Edited by Gonzo
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, J.T. said:

They secretly hope that ME:LE is a tech demo for a remastered Andromeda that will contain the Quarian DLC.  I pray that they are right, but I'm not holding my breath.  The ME3 part of ME:LE allegedly will have some hooks about the Andromeda Project, but we'll have to wait and see if that is true.

I can't see them doing a remaster of Andromeda with new content after how fast they gave up on it. They already mentioned no new content for LE though it would make sense for their to be something since they teaser they dropped the next ME game apparently saw what was likely the Andromeda galaxy as well as the original. 

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

I can't see them doing a remaster of Andromeda with new content after how fast they gave up on it. They already mentioned no new content for LE though it would make sense for their to be something since they teaser they dropped the next ME game apparently saw what was likely the Andromeda galaxy as well as the original. 

I'm under the impression that any Andromeda Initiative content in ME3 might consist of name dropping rather than actual side missions.

Remember that Liara and Alec Ryder traded communiques before he left for Andromeda and she also sent a message to Ryder while the crew of the Hyperion were in stasis telling them about the Crucible and the Reapers attack on the Citadel worlds.. 

I can't imagine that any of that stuff will make the game unless Bioware hires voice actors for the new dialogue and mocap new cutscenes.  Probably won't happen.

Edited by J.T.

17 hours ago, Eivion said:

On the one hand I feel sorry for the fans the game had. On the other I'm kind of happy as Anthem was part of the reason Andromeda got screwed, and it had been taking away focus from the next ME & DA games.

And SWTOR. I was glad to see it got a shoutout in the BioWare statement. Maybe the game can get it's groove back.

• 1 year later...