DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Happy Birthday Ric - 2/25/2019

Dolfan in NYC

4 hours ago, Matt D said:

Also, I feel bad for Sting in the post-Raw stuff where he didn't get to beat anyone up. He just stood around looking like Real Estate Steve while Angle and Michaels got to do everything.

That was hilarious. Literally the only thing he did the whole time was the WOOOOOO. We didn't even get a Stinger Splash out of him! 

The table no-selling Jinder was also great

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

That was hilarious. Literally the only thing he did the whole time was the WOOOOOO. We didn't even get a Stinger Splash out of him! 

The table no-selling Jinder was also great

Even a table won't sell for Jinder Mahal as he's fucking useless.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

"Proud NXT Papa H" has been a heel for the last five Manias. 

Is it HHH that's getting boo'ed or the Authority gimmick in general? The heel authority figure gimmick deserves all the hate in the world regardless of who's doing it for being in existence for more than 20 years.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Johnny Retro said:

On the one hand, I don't believe for a second that Roman is faking his cancer.

On the other hand, I hate to say aloud that that's something the company would never stoop to - because I wouldn't be surprised tomorrow if Meltzer reported that the WWE had decided to run a cancer angle to get Roman over.

A leukemia angle wouldn't be the most tasteless angle Vince has ever proposed.  When you make as many poor decisions as this company does, you don't get  the benefit of the doubt.

This. And I can't think of a better way to make it look like they faked the leukemia than by shoehorning Reigns into the main event at Wrestlemania. Have Rollins win and start setting up a Rollins heel turn the next night. Build it up till Summerslam.

At least Enzo had personality, attested by this board creaming over him and Cass in NXT.

Corbin is a channel changer though. How he wasn't relieved of his management duties during the worst period of Raw ever by being Bischoff'd into a garbage truck by Strowman I'll never know. He should have been humiliated after that. Put on trial. Sent packing to the Florida circuit for 6 months. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rick said:

At least Enzo had personality, attested by this board creaming over him and Cass in NXT.

Corbin is a channel changer though. How he wasn't relieved of his management duties during the worst period of Raw ever by being Bischoff'd into a garbage truck by Strowman I'll never know. He should have been humiliated after that. Put on trial. Sent packing to the Florida circuit for 6 months. 

Yeah, you don't seem to remember how the board was creaming over Corbin when he was in NXT and how awesome he was.

2 hours ago, Raziel said:

Yeah, you don't seem to remember how the board was creaming over Corbin when he was in NXT and how awesome he was.

I don't recall the board loving Corbin, just liking him in NXT. There was a general agreement he came up too early and was further screwed when they killed Talking Smack. Then killed even further with the shitty use of his MITB win. I like Corbin and think he does fine with the crap he is given, but he is a guy who could definitely benefit from going away for a good while and being given a new gimmick.

• Like 1

I remember the match he and Rhyno had with American Alpha in the Dusty Cup that made me believe he had something. I don't remember Corbin being much of a stick man in NXT.

Enzo was an incredible talent though and deserved all the plaudits he got in NXT. The lifestyle became his downfall, obviously, and really deteriorated the progress he made with his ring work in NXT once he was called up and found cocaine. 

Options for Roman at Mania - 

Ambrose - Would make sense for him to put Dean down before he goes. Also wraps up the story of Dean's turn in a nice little bow.

Strowman - Treading water but he and Roman always have good to great matches. Make it no DQ and have them fight all over.

Cena - Would get a heap of mainstream hype and can really cement the 'changing of the guard' to Reigns.

Universal Title - I think a lot of people would hate him walking into this match but I can see Vince wanting it to happen.

The first hour was the most watched hour of cable Monday night (and beat Fox network programming) and the highest rated hour for RAW since April.

Overall they barely missed being the most watched cable show of the night by less than half a million viewers, and was the most watched RAW since August.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Options for Roman at Mania - 

Ambrose - Would make sense for him to put Dean down before he goes. Also wraps up the story of Dean's turn in a nice little bow.

Strowman - Treading water but he and Roman always have good to great matches. Make it no DQ and have them fight all over.

Cena - Would get a heap of mainstream hype and can really cement the 'changing of the guard' to Reigns.

Universal Title - I think a lot of people would hate him walking into this match but I can see Vince wanting it to happen.

Based on SD,  I wouldn't be surprised if it's Bryan either.

17 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

It is legit mind-boggling that people still prop up this "HHH is trying to hold *everyone* down and make himself the greatest of all time!!!!!" horseshit. Why on earth do you or anyone else think he gives two shits about getting his win back?

Not at all... it is actually the story to the match. Batista told HHH at SDL 1000 that he's done everything there is to do in this business, except beat him, so now would be his chance to finally get that win after Batista had previously gone 3-0 against him.  Both are all time favorites of mine.

8 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I think I've said this before, but Corbin is boringly competent and massively overexposed.

a thousand times this. No one should have as much screen time as he does in any role. Peak Steve Austin didn't even get as much time as Baron does.

It's a small thing too, but the switch from Lone Wolf to Constable Corbin didn't make any sense. Why does the lone wolf give a shit about how Raw is being run? Why does Stephanie appoint him to monitor Kurt Angle's job? Why did he suddenly become the Dwight Scrute of WWE? Why is he still wrestling in dress clothes and randomly being aligned with Drew and Lashley after onscreen being told multiple times how much he sucks at life? If you want to change the character up, that's great, but my god can there at least be a reason why?

• Like 4

6 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

Not at all... it is actually the story to the match. Batista told HHH at SDL 1000 that he's done everything there is to do in this business, except beat him, so now would be his chance to finally get that win after Batista had previously gone 3-0 against him.

It's not the story to the match. Batista requested it, storyline-wise it fell on deaf ears. Even kayfabe Hunter doesn't give a shit about getting his win back.

On 2/27/2019 at 10:40 AM, hammerva said:

Wonder how much of that was based on telling Apollo Crews to "go back to Ring of Honor" on one of his matches. 

The best part, Uhaa Nation never worked ROH. He was a Gabe guy, like Jon Moxley.

• Like 1