DVDVR Message Board

NXT - March 2019

The Natural

On 3/15/2019 at 4:24 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I want Bugenhagen to have an air band faction. I don't get the hate with the gimmick.  Do I think it's a character for your top guy to have? No. It's a harmless mid-card comedy act.

Somebody doing that will never draw money.

tenor.gif?itemid=9879670

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Does anyone know who NXT has been putting on their road shows? I want to go to the Milwaukee show but if it's similar to last time then I'd probably skip it. I'd guess the top of the card will be different since a lot of the male talent got called up.

3 minutes ago, Ramo2653 said:

Does anyone know who NXT has been putting on their road shows? I want to go to the Milwaukee show but if it's similar to last time then I'd probably skip it. I'd guess the top of the card will be different since a lot of the male talent got called up.

Since the show is literally a couple of days after the Superstar Shakeup - I will say that anyone called up post-Mania will most likely still work the show.

The big issue is the last time they did a non-FL loop was the beginning of Feb and they won't be one until the loop that the Milwaukee show is on. So who showed up in Feb is kinda worthless.

It is a safe bet that at least 2 of the titles will be defended - but of course, which two is dicey

Almost always the women's champ will work the loop.

I think Matt Riddle is also a safe bet

Since they weren't on the last road trip - I would say Undisputed Era would be a good bet.

Most likely guys like Keith Lee and Dominik Dijakovic are most likely to be fixtures now

@RIPPA

Yeah, we got Ohno/Riddle as the opener, a Kairi/Dakota vs. Marina/Jess tag match, a Dijak/Kona match which I used for a bathroom/beer run, Bobby Fish vs. Humberto which was pretty good, Ric/Heavy Machinery vs. UE, Shayna/Candace title match and Dream/Ciampa for the title (which had a fun spot where Ciampa took Dream's headband and gave it to a woman in the crowd which I later learned was Ciampa's mom).

I'd be hyped if I knew Street Profits, Io and Bianca were going to be on the card.

I'll probably just go ?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ramo2653 said:

I posted the Pittsburgh lineup from beginning of month on Page 1 of this thread.

Although highly doubtful, if you're lucky like I was you'll be on the receiving end of this...  ?

• Like 2

On 3/17/2019 at 1:25 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

We both know there's more to Tanahashi than the air guitar. I honestly don't even think about it that much with him, whereas the air band is Bugenhagen's whole thing. 

@Ace

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

So back to back taping dates for NXT (in Full Sail) have popped up on ticket sites for June

6/12 and 6/13

While labelled as NXT TV it could be that these dates will end up being for a tournament

Guest Edwin

So back to back taping dates for NXT (in Full Sail) have popped up on ticket sites for June

6/12 and 6/13

While labelled as NXT TV it could be that these dates will end up being for a tournament

Was kinda confused by this. MYC 3? Or maybe a CWC 2?

Not sure what they are aiming for with that, but I already set a reminder on my calender so I can get tickets for both.

I converted my wife into a fan over the past 2 years and she loves going to the tapings and is a huge Velveteen Dream fan, so that's a big plus for me.

Looking back at last year - they did a double taping in before the 5th Takeover so like nofuture said - it makes sense if this year they are doing the double taping after the 5th Takeover

Guest Edwin

Looking back at last year - they did a double taping in before the 5th Takeover so like nofuture said - it makes sense if this year they are doing the double taping after the 5th Takeover

I wasn't going to Full Sail regularly back then, but were these 3 episode tapings or 2 episode tapings?

Edited by Edwin

With Tommaso Ciampa having to unfortunately vacate the NXT Championship due to injury, I got to thinking...The best NXT Champion is?

For me it's between Ciampa and Andrade Almas. Ciampa's standout match defending Goldie was against Velveteen Dream at NXT TakeOver: WarGames 2018 while Almas versus Johnny Gargano at NXT TakeOver: Philidelphia  2018 is NXT history #1 match.

Edited by The Natural

4 hours ago, The Natural said:

With Tommaso Ciampa having to unfortunately vacate the NXT Championship due to injury, I got to thinking...The best NXT Champion is?

For me it's between Ciampa and Andrade Almas. Ciampa's standout match defending Goldie was against Velveteen Dream at NXT TakeOver: WarGames 2018 while Almas versus Johnny Gargano at NXT TakeOver: Philidelphia  2018 is NXT history #1 match.

Never saw much of the first two years of NXT so I can't comment on the first three champs. I loved Almas's match with Gargano, but I feel like that was his only noteworthy match. Most of the reigns have actually been relatively short. For me the choices would have to be between Roode, Neville, Ciampa, & Finn. Right now I'm leaning towards Ciampa though that could be recency bias.

• Like 1